Sony Xperia Z1 mini clears FCC certification, switches Z1s name for ‘Amami’
A few software version numbers, namely build numbers 14.2.A.0.144 and 14.2.A.0.78, suggest the Sony ‘Amami’ will come with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on board and not the latest 4.4 KitKat version. We still would not count those references as hard proof as Sony could change things and let’s remind you that an FCC filing is no promise for an actual product launch, it’s just a step in a regulatory process.
If, though, Sony is to indeed unveil the much anticipated ‘Amami’ or Xperia Z1s, or Xperia Z1 mini, the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas and Sony’s January 6th presentation seem like a perfectly fitting occasion. Here’s to hoping.
source: FCC via Blog of Mobile
1. ngyixian96 (Posts: 84; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Seriously , weird name ever in Sony Xperia series.
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its a code name, like Z1's which was Honami.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2625; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, only Z Ultra's display is excellent and others are not including Z1.
8. RandomUsername (Posts: 458; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
If this phone had an AMOLED display, it would be the perfect phone (for me).
5. bananana (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
Nice, definitely will get it. I hope the price is not that too high. News have it the price will be around 500 USD
6. .KRATOS. (Posts: 113; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It should have the latest version of Android the 4.4