Six Android apps by Google that you might have not tried yet
Six Google apps that you might have not tried
1. YouTube Remote
2. Google Chrome Beta
3. My Tracks
4. Google Authenticator
5. Google One Today
6. Google Gesture Search
2. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I've been using Google Authenticator the day my Gmail account got hacked by someone in Bosnia last year. Literally the best way to keep your Gmail account secure.
10. dapsta (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Because it's the first time an e-mail account has ever been hacked...
What a lame attempt at trolling
9. Jommick (Posts: 198; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Authenticator is cool for keeping your google account secure, and it's also available for those who choose to have an iPhone.
4. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
hmmm, nothing special - I do use Chrome Beta - the remaining aps - yeah, having myself 'tracked' and telling everyone on facebook is just what the NSA would like...lmao
11. dapsta (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Its basically the same as the cardiotrainer app. They just explained it poorly.
If you like health and fitness, it's a great app. Also if you go hiking, especially if you are going alone, you should be trackable.
If you fall down a ditch or hurt yourself, you will wish someone could find or ping you.
15. techloverNYC (Posts: 401; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I bet that guy who got stuck btw the rocks wish he had this app lol
7. rallyguy (Posts: 546; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Ive been using Google My Tracks for a few years now and it's awesome. When I go on ATV rides in the mountains, I put my phone into Airplane Mode and turn on GPS. No cell signal needed. You can overlay it onto Google Map. Great app.
8. steelew (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
My tracks is awesome! My wife and I use it every weekend to record our long walks. It gives you time speed, total moving time (if you stopped) and you can replay it in google earth if you want to see something you passed along your walk (run, jog whatever).
13. Planterz (Posts: 793; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I ride a bike everywhere, and My Tracks is fun for those longer trips. Scary accurate too.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3222; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Google Goggles. Such a smart app which has not been updated for these many years. So sad.
16. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
It has been integrated in google now in the form of a smart camera.
At first I was confused regarding that app too, but I found out some time ago within google now about the goggles. It's a bit hard to find and remember btw, but you will find it there itself.