Seven Nokia product codenames leak, that's a lot of Windows
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1590; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Some of them might only be for developing nations. Wonder what buttons they'll bring on them, this time.
4. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Stop it already. You don't need to bring this on every WP related article.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No need to get mad at him, if he likes buttons, let him be. Maybe he's a button enthusiast?
6. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Its OK to express his opinion on 2 or 3 articles.
Does he need to spam on each article?
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think he should go to ButtonArena.com. Maybe that should help him out.
14. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It really is annoying. He always bring this up.
15. noler (Posts: 237; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I am button enthusiast, if I could I would marry some button.
26. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I guess he thinks it's a hot button issue ;o)
28. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
How did someone NOT grab that pun until you????
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Phablet, high end smartphone (at&t and verizon variety), mid range, low end, budget and asha.
39. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
I think there must be a magnifying glass stuck somewhere in his a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What's next? Pluto, Dumbledore, Sonic, Mario, Yoda? lol
Anyway, bring it on Nokia!
23. lalalaman (Posts: 512; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Gotta admit that those celestial code names are catchy...any news abot Nokia is always so fun coz of this stuff and those eyes catching phones....
Still couldnt forget laser, catwalk, Elvis etc :)
7. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
XperiaFanZone is nothing but just another attention seeker.. Ignore him;)
12. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
his name says it all.another android/sony fanboy.it's like the old saying you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make him drink it
10. Samir_Maric (Posts: 75; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I hope someday nokia will goes with android too
11. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I can't wait to see 720p in midrange Windows phones!
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another day, another Lumia - More exciting phones to see.
Another day, another Galaxy - More same old plastic phones to see.
This is Lumia. More than your eyes can see.
42. Samir_Maric (Posts: 75; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
May be Nokia looks better but android is always better then both windows phone and iOS
19. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Epic code-names like always! Why can't they have the same name after launch as well, instead of having some model numbers? (I mean, come on, Nokia Lumia Pegasus/Orion/Rivendell/Catwalk/Searay; they all sound way sexier than calling them something like Nokia Lumia 1020/925/800.)
20. Cod3rror (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I wonder if any of them is a successor to 1020?
21. Avenger337 (Posts: 59; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Nothing interesting on the horizon, as I said before Nokia need to do much more than super-powerful camera and thoroughly review its commitment to windows phone.
22. Cod3rror (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
What can they do?
They literally cannot do anything else, they are maxed out. They are doing great designs, and concentrating on cameras. That's the only way they can differentiate and attract buyers.
They cannot do much on software and people don't like WP. They are limited by hardware but even if they weren't it's not like they'd out do Android manufacturers. And their cameras on Windows Phone are not impressive at all. They have very bad IQ and algorithms.
They came out with a screen that can be used with gloves. So they do produce innovations, it's just that no one cares.
27. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
WP is growing much faster than either iOS or Android for that matter. You people have managed to convince yourselves that nobody likes WP8, even though Nokia's quarterly sales numbers are increasing steadily. Also, those who underestimate Microsoft typically end up looking stupid in the end...
37. Cod3rror (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Look, I don't have an agenda against WP, or any other OS for that matter.
In fact I'd love if WP succeeded, got an application parity with iOS/Android and when developers released new apps they'd release 3 version for iOS, Android and WP instead of two.
But as it is right now, I have to go with the facts. WP is "growing" because it's got miniscule shares. When you have 0.1% share and you grow to 0.2% that's a double growth, faster than Android or iOS but it's still nothing. You also have to consider that when iOS and Android showed up there was no market, so it grew with them.
Finally, Microsoft is so quiet and slow about WP it creates an impression that they just don't care. WP is missing TONS of features compared to iOS and Android.
29. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
and a phone blowing up is interesting for you? haha.
24. ZeroCide (Posts: 714; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
HEY NOKIA!!!! Are any of there for Sprint?
25. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Once Windows hits 10% smartphone marketshare, I think the momentum will take it to the top. Go Nokia! Really have to appreciate the way they keep hitting the market and keep trying to give the best to the customers. Only wish MS would catch up and speed things up. I think 2014 is a critical year for WP & Nokia.
31. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
10% is that magic number. I have been cheering for that for 2 years now. It is a tough threshold to cross. Not going to get there based on new users alone. They need Android, iOS, and BlackBerry users to switch. That has been a tough one. WP8.1 is almost more important then WP8s initial release, as the features coming need to keep the momentum going.
35. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
it's already more then 10% in Italy and more then 25% in Colombia :) and in some other east European markets i believe it's also around the 25%
32. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1314; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I sill believe Nokia will make a Windows 8 tablet May be "Sirius " is Nokia's Windows 8 tablet but if Nokia follows Microsoft's lead and sells it as an Educational aid/recreation/Entertainment Tablet which is a perfect fit for Windows RT tablets there could be a future in Windows Rt tablets because folks you do not need a full fledged desktop OS like windows 8 or 8.1 on a tablet to read school/College text books and do internet based stuff on it. Windows RT can do all this and it has a free office suite on the tablet also. this is a great device for a school class room or school library. maybe windows Rt has a future after all as an educational tablet for schools
34. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
In other words:
Nokia Lumia 930, 830, 730, 630 and 530 are in the manufacturing pipeline.
I just hope, Nokia isint making Windows RT tablet, but Windows 8.1.
36. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I hope the next flagship is going to be called the Nokia Lumia 1000 & yes hopefully Windows 8.1 .....
41. cdgoin (Posts: 383; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Windows 8.1 phones..
(3) Top end - AT&T, Verizon and Global variants.
Mid range ( ala 6-8 series)
Low end (5 series)
That was hard..