Samsung wants to trademark the names "Gear Now" and "Gear Solo" in the US
We can now confirm that Samsung does intend to use the name Gear Solo, as we discovered a trademark application for it that was filed with the USPTO on April 4. On the same day, Samsung also filed a trademark application for the name “Samsung Gear Now.” We can only imagine that this could be used for yet another smartwatch.
The Samsung Gear Solo is supposed to support SIM cards, thus being capable of acting like a phone by itself - allowing you to make calls without pairing it to another Samsung device. Just like the Gear 2, the Gear Solo will most probably run Tizen.
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Smh,,,, oh Samsung ,, don't be so Apple...
2. pwnarena (Posts: 977; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
awful names anyway. trademark them all you want.
3. amirxd (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
In my opinion the names are not that good anyway :-/ Gear Solo, more like Gear Yolo! Sorry for the bad joke! XD
5. mturby (unregistered)
lucy koh and moto 360 will kick ur ass sammy.
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 1294; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Gear Now is Samsung's Android Wear device?
8. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
The name sounds horrible .. of all words they choose "Solo". Wth samsung?
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1786; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hey...the chick is cute. Will she gear up to play solo or does the watch have to be included in the deal?
10. Zomer (Posts: 79; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Stop stealing news, this is what I send you a couple of hours before and now you can confirm?
11. Florin.T (Posts: 128; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Excuse me? You must have used the "Tip Us" feature. As you may know, PhoneArena has quite many writers, and we're not all receiving those tips. We're usually quite capable of finding our own news, you know? Also, searching the USPTO database is something that I've been doing for some time - it's not like only you have access to it. That being said, we're giving credit when due, but this is not the case.
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
this looks cheap, i mean plastic again, when apple brings theres out it would be in sapphire and steel bracelewt