Samsung announces the Galaxy Core, coming this month
OK, we don't know if that's really the strategy behind Samsung's actions, but today's news from Seoul certainly doesn't refute it... The company has officially announced yet another Android smartphone, the Galaxy Core, and even though this model will not treat you to the very best of Android, it'll certainly deliver all the core goodies that the platform and Samsung can offer.
The Samsung Galaxy Core will be a low- to mid-range model with a 4.3" WVGA display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor (possibly a MediaTek or something like that), 5MP camera and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. One of its more interesting features is that it will come in a Dual SIM variant, where the two SIM card slots will be able to remain active simultaneously.
The Galaxy Core will come with the lovely TouchWiz Nature user interface and all of its useful features like Smart Stay, S Voice and Smart Alert, with the last one alerting you to missed calls and messages once you pick the phone up. Neat stuff!
Users who are willing to purchase the dual-SIM version of the Samsung Galaxy Core will be able to do so as soon as this month, while those who'd prefer the single-SIM variant will have to wait until July. The company hasn't announced the markets where the Galaxy Core is going to launch, but Europe and Asia are safe bets.
Samsung Galaxy Core images
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another day, another Galaxy.....eh Sammy boy? :)
29. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
totally!! samsung sucks!!! you wont know what is the flagship and what is not with these releases! they all look the same! plastic and bullsh!t!!!!
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
hey men, i think Nokia Asha look better and feel premium.....!!!
53. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
*another way to pollute the environment when discarding this monstrosity.
24. amro99 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I really cant understand the point of releasing a phone with such poor specs and this horrible look. If it looked nice, at least you could expect it to attract some people, but......
35. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 357; Member since: 07 May 2012)
it's called mid range pone!!
but all smasung phone begin to look alike,and they need to ditch the damn home button already,o sammy boy this is getting old
37. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
There are already phones with similar specs from Samsung.
Galaxy S2 plus: 4.3 inch WVGA, 1.2 Ghz dual core, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB memory.
Galaxy S2: 4.3 inch WVGA, 1.2 Ghz dual core, 1GB RAM, 16 GB memory.
Galaxy s3 mini: 4 inch WVGA, 1 GHz dual core, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB memory.
Galaxy s duos: 4 inch WVGA, 1 GHz dual core, 768 MB RAM, 4 GB memory.
Galaxy S advance: 4 inch WVGA, 1 GHz dual core, 768 MB RAM, 16 GB memory.
It's Samsung's method of saying "hi $uckerZ, buy the newest one and pay more for the same spec because if you want to save more by buying older models, you wont get software updates."
38. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, that's why when choosing a Samsung Galaxy phone will give you a headache, their Galaxy phones have similar designs and similar specs.
Samsung is Apple wannabe.
40. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I think they already exceeded Apple by leaps and bounds in terms of recycling. Apple recycles the design, but all of them are flagship models; Nokia recycles the N9 design but also reserved for flagship models. Samsung? They recycle it from $200 phones to $700 phones. =.=
Open GSMarena's database of phones for Samsung and you are greeted by a full page of similar looking phones.
41. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow no thank you, I'm not going to GSMarena's or PhoneArena's database of Samsung phones cuz it's gonna be a NIGHTMARE OF FREAKIN' GALAXIES!
It's like hypnotizing you to buy a Samsung Galaxy! So, nuh-uh, no thank you! :)
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh I see........
45. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
No Thankx..............better to buy NL720 or Sony Xperia SP.
51. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
ooohh.. please don't compare Galaxy core with those two great mid range devices.
even NL620 and Sony Xperia L is still a lot better than this one
52. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i know dude i'm not comparing. lol
i said those two are better. we know that. and u r right NL620 and Xperia L is still better than this
2. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Sorry but what kind of iPhone is this?
44. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
And unlike the iRetards, Sammy believes in giving their consumers options across various demographics and price points. Not everyone can afford my Galaxy Note 2 at Full Verizon retail; this is a great option for the have-nots or people who simply don't want to spend $700+ on a SUPER SMARTPHONE (like my G-Note 2)!!
+1 for you!!
3. nirmik379kale (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Oh god !! can just one design be diiferent!! how s**tty are these designs man!! F!
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1531; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What's the purpose of releasing devices like this?there's already galaxy s3 mini,win,s2 plus and the upcoming s4 mini and their prices really do not differ very much
10. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
i guess this is suppose to target the very-low to mid-low range of phones.
8. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
this is ugly compare to this.http://ph.news.yahoo.com/revie
31. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
totally agree!! this look good! but actually that myphone a919i duo or micromax canvas a116 HD is better! but i just wish it has dragontrail glass though!
9. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
LOL Samsung is not even trying any more on design.
They should have made this phone as small as possible with the same specs.
Very thin, lightweight, with very small bezel on top and bottom.
Better screen to phone ratio than the SGS4 would have been very cool
21. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
hurr durr MUH BEZELS
enjoy your fingers covering the screen when you hold your phone dumbass
34. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Yeah because right now my fingers never cover the screen when I text or play games - Sarcastic
Less bezel means smaller phone
Smaller phone means better cases
Better cases means less broken phones
32. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well what do you expect?! ist samsung! its not inspired! they all look the same!
36. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 357; Member since: 07 May 2012)
all samsung does now is release a phone with features,build quality lame, design lame, physical home button LAME!!!
11. shiv.charan85 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 May 2013)
Sooo boring,,same look,,boring OS,,
I LOVE MY NEW NOKIA LUMIA 720,,,,GO SAMSUNG GO
13. posthardcore29 (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 May 2013)
you love your Nokia Lumia 720 but you cheer for the Samsung.. -_-
39. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I would prefer to see this kind of people rather than those who love 1 brand in a hardcore manner and troll the others.
25. panda123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Sorry because they're forcing you to buy it.
12. posthardcore29 (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 May 2013)
as always the design.
I'm afraid of it.
19. dashax10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 May 2013)
the problem is Samsung fans that they buy anything Samsung same as apple fans so Samsung say why waste time changing and innovating anything just make anything and put anything in it they will buy it. thats why Samsung will never change if the Samsung fans don;t stand up to Samsung and make statement. samsung fans you making Samsung lazy as hell
27. Volcra (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
why? this is a low-mid range device were you hoping to get high end specs and features in them? Samsung is merely offering a range of devices for people to choose from, not everyone is able to afford the best phones in the world. Samsung is putting forth all their innovation into their flagship phones i.e the features on the s4, though it may not have the best build quality, there are definitely a lot of innovation going into the software. Software becomes one of the many vital selling point in the consumer world nowadays because many high end phones have the same specs.
49. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's not the problem about the low-mid range, the problem is the design and the material! I mean, can't Samsung make it more pleasing to the eye, instead of making the same design and same old cheap material?
Even the entry-level Nokia Lumia 520 looks and feels better than this Galaxy Core!
15. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Same design with same issues and gullibles keep buying them because it has the galaxy name. Go gulllibles!
16. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Time for a change. And it better start soon.
30. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
mediatek? no thank you!
samsung? lol yuckiness!
33. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I wonder if this is what they do with their left-over plastic from the S4.
42. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
and they say apple always use the same design
54. bhagareddy (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Please don't purchase Galaxy core set.there is some issue in this model.
I am sharing my experience,coz other customer should not suffer with this set.
I purchased Galaxy core duo mobile two days back from Sangeeth mobile store in Bangalore . Withing one day i was facing heating issue in the set. I went to Samsung Service center got a defect letter and got replaced new Galaxy core set.
This new piece also having same issue.
I lost my hopes on this model.I cant take back my money i think. but want to go for some other set, other then Samsung.