Samsung Unpacked 5 MWC 2014 event livestream: Galaxy S5 incoming
The Galaxy S5 was a closely guarded secret and we did not see any leaked image before the very day of Samsung’s presser. It’s indeed today that we first saw what looks like a credible image of the Galaxy S5, that might spoil Samsung’s surprise. Or could it have been a fake?
We will be able to tell very soon as Samsung Unpacked 5 livestream starts at:
2 PM ET | 11 AM PT | 8 PM CET
We expect appearances from Samsung’s JK Shin, product demos from Samsung managers, and we’ll be rushing towards the demo area for some hands on time with that rumored S5 (if it indeed launches). Samsung has already unveiled new Tizen-running Galaxy Gear smartwatches, so we don’t know wheter it has other wearables in store. In either case, hit the link below for the livestream.
18. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
They are killing the galaxy series, because they have the Tizen now!
33. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Samsung Phones looking good.
I love Features so this will be love.
39. LiyanaBG (Posts: 366; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
any phone would kill this thing samsung screwed up because of there stupid tizen
35. kryme (Posts: 142; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
dont they will kill it yet... and why kill it? but i can see that touchwiz will have alot of tizen baked in
6. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Haha. Well, looks are always subjective, I'm more interested on new technologies it will offer. Same goes to all devices. :)
7. fouadqr (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
S5 Won't have any new technologies ..It will have some gimmick software features
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 3109; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Wow! The haters are early this round. Look like the stake is high as Samsung has been leading for as long as anyone remember. Lol!
14. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Gimmicks are part of technology also. Sw guys don't just pull those out from their arses.
21. neops (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
"THEY'RE HUGE! AND THEY'RE UGLY!"
(said for the Mangalors in The 5th Element movie).
Now i can see the beauty of S4 clearly.
The rim seems to be inspired from road side restaurant table's rim.
The back pattern from golf gloves maybe? Bezels hardly tolerable.
Is somebody messing with the designers' team work? I don't know.
I will buy it if soon ther's an edition with no waterproof protection
in order to be smaller like G2. Thus reposition of SD card,
in order to not be necessary to remove the battery.
No fingerprint scaner that i don't need and i don't want, thus cheaper.
Dual flash maybe? I wanto see how extra sensors/beamers
help in the dark. If they are such next to the flash.
More unified design like the new YotaPhone for instance?
On screen buttons only?
22. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Don't forget plastic. All the haters love telling us who don't care.
3. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
They should thank God that its not 2-way communication with who saw THAT THING. Wait? What? People still would be sitting there. Would be fun watching THOSE people rather than s5.
4. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
who's hosting this victor h. are ray s. four hours away how many more are yeah gonna post up
5. newbey123 (Posts: 449; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Well there is already an article showing the phone. HTC for the win.
8. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
The live stream page so looks like when notifications are pulled down in ios i.e blurred with some transparency. Just saying. Mean no harm.
p.s: the back leaked looks like from nokia 1202.
10. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 245; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I don't think it's been kept secret at all - loads of people have probably seen it and just thought it was an S4..
11. RohanM (Posts: 132; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
S5 pics leaked by pocket now.
13. ryq24 (Posts: 527; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So far sony disappoint with the z2! Hope samsung won't!
38. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Guess you didn't read anything about the z2 and the fact that it has an SD card slot. Best device out is the best device out
17. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Dimples at the back...
Polka dots at the front.
20. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I hope this isn't like last yeats gimmick bash... I'm looking forward an upgrade from my WP device.. Even it's gonna be hard to leave PVcam :\ If not Sammy tuen Htc please lawdd
26. aydell2123 (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
All these pathetic sites trying t0 sway ppl away from samsung hoping they will jump back on apple"s cackaroa! !! Unfortunately yall just makin ya selves look bad...if ur not worried bout thia phone. Then why come here to hate....exactly..cuz samsung doin it rite...
27. aydell2123 (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
U couldnt give me a iphone 5s..for free...once I switched from apple to samsung...holy crap..I seen why everone was leaving...samsung so much better...free music apps pretty much everything. ..apple just trying to get in yo wallet...so bash away losers...im staying with samsung
28. Loubielou (Posts: 239; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This might be Smartphone that Does not Match Peoples Expectations,An Make Samsung Finally Change there Stratedgy towards releasing High End phones,as we had all the Glamour with the Galaxy S4,but this is nothing like that,are Samsung going to release a Real Top Class Smartphone as soon as the iPhone 6 is announced to but pressure on Apple
29. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
The end of the road for new Samsung devices, people are not upgrading like that no more, people are looking for deals, so they will buy the s3 or s4 not a big difference with s5
30. mohammed_fakih (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
one more plastic Samsung smart phone will be published...
32. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Get ready to be blown away by Samsung's Design 3.0!!!!
34. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
The Orchestra is really good. I'm enjoy it
37. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
30 minutes of orchestra... This isn't what I expected. Delaying their suicide? Get on with it already I don't care about your orchestra
40. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
ok more than i thought...luv the fit band
41. techaman (unregistered)
no one will buy this coming from a s3 i would much rather keep the s3 and root it, the s5 is a joke in all aspects of tech and eveything else the camera joke the ultra power save is an app the look and feel a joke. this will sell less then gs4 no one would up to this phone its bearly better then the s4 i cant beleave this i am so mad i would have stud up and shout what the hell is that crap if i was there because the i know the rest of the world is saying that.
42. joey_sfb (Posts: 3109; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Emotional babble. Can't understand you. ..
Samsung is an established brand they can sell anything just like apple.