Samsung Galaxy camera visits the FCC, packing HSPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The Android Jelly Bean powered camera is equipped to handle HSPA on both 850 and 1900MHz, which is what AT&T uses in the US. The SAR report did not indicate the presence of LTE, but that is not to say we may not see it in the future with a different version of the device. Given the size of pictures the camera will be capable of capturing, LTE seems to be a necessity for people that want to upload images while in the field. On the Wi-Fi front, the test summaries show support for 802.11a and 802.11n in the 2.4 and 5GHz ranges.
based on some of the samples we have seen, it looks like it is ready to perform as well. Does this appeal to you? Using such a dynamic OS like Android will certainly allow for some interesting features, though for those familiar with Android, it may seem like the device is a bit limited too. If only the camera could make phone calls too...
1. NokiaLumia920 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 02:09 16 5
Who wants this when you can get Lumia 920 or PW808..
5. NokiaLumia920 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 02:25 17 3
I mean, why would you buy another Camera that does the same thing again when your phone can do it better already?
9. Vinayakn73 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:14 2 0
oh mean like from now we're are also going to change our camera's like cellphones????
16. AmitMajumder posted on 29 Sep 2012, 09:45 5 4
Can your phone (lumia or pureview) give you 21x super optical zoom and Android 4.1 jelly bean power?? huh....
18. B3BLW29 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 11:21 1 6
The real question my friend is Does a LUMIA need all that u have mentioned?
I am sure when this camera launches Pureview 808 would kick its pubes :D..
27. AmitMajumder posted on 30 Sep 2012, 11:58 0 0
what does the pure view have apart from the 41mp sensor (of which 38mp is available)? that old symbian crap... and this thing is a digital cam with jelly bean power.... lumia is good, but doesn't have that much power in the camera.
31. -RVM- posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:27 0 0
There's new Nokia Belle FP1 (which is going to be replaced by FP2 in coming weeks), not some old Symbian crap. It is great OS, with great customizability, connectivity and battery efficiency. Nokia 808 not only have huge sensor (both physically and mpx), it is also much lighter and thinner than Galaxy Camera. Galaxy Camera may have 21x optical zoom, but it is useless with very tiny 1/2.3" sensor.
32. AmitMajumder posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:02 0 0
You are saying that symbian has great customizability, have you ever tried android? if you have, you should know what is customization. and as for the weight, how can expect a camera to be light and thinner as a smart phone??
20. addicted2088 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 13:36 2 3
Well said, Android power over Windows Phone power any day. Doesn't look like WP8 is gonna have many more new features anyway apart from what they've already shown. But that's just me..
26. Bernoulli posted on 30 Sep 2012, 08:50 3 0
No, but it's sure to give a staggering 41 MP picture, it's so vast and rich that you can even see peoples wrinkles!! O.o I'm not a Nokia fan, hence why my avatar is an Android, but Nokia did develop something amazing here
6. B3BLW29 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 02:40 5 4
Agreed but we dont care those who don't...
We are mucho Feliz with our trusty Lumia. :)
21. InspectorGadget80 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 21:23 0 1
People who wants a Android Camera can buy this instead of a smart phone if they DON'T want to pay a lot of money on it.
22. AmitMajumder posted on 30 Sep 2012, 02:18 1 0
Dude, this camera will cost more than any mid-range android device...
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:09 7 5
Am I the only one that thinks this thing is freaking awesome?
10. B3BLW29 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:28 7 7
probably yes, samsung sucks big time in optics dept.
12. B3BLW29 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:44 1 1
One never know's may be Samsung gives some sort of offer with it ;)
13. B3BLW29 posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:46 1 1
"They will make you an offer..you can't refuse..." :D
I am sorry had to add this :)
15. Medel posted on 29 Sep 2012, 06:59 6 1
Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia 808 PureView and the Nokia N8 too! still the best cameraphone in the world.
23. SlimSoulja86 posted on 30 Sep 2012, 06:31 2 1
Do you own Nokia Lumia 920, or have u held it in your hands?
28. Medel posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:54 0 0
I have Nokia 808 Pureview and Nokia N8 but lumia 920 i still don't have maybe someday i will buy that too! :) i saw the review of Nokia Lumia 920 is amazing!
19. jimjam posted on 29 Sep 2012, 12:59 0 3
There are plenty of voip/sip apps on the market. Easy to make this into a phone.
30. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 01:39 0 0
Device with no support for GSM voice communication.
General 2G Network N/A
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE
i guess u cant make voice calls as it dosenot support GSM voice Communication
25. cjslman posted on 30 Sep 2012, 08:32 0 0
This is wild... now you can play Angry Birds or Bad Piggies or answer emails on your camera...
29. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 01:36 0 0
Samsung Galaxy Camera and Lumia are 2 compleately diffrent ... Samsung Galaxy Camera is advanced Point and shoot 20.8X optical zoom, 1/2.3 Senor size, JB Camera and not a phone where u cannot make voice call ... and lumia is a phone with advanced camera 1/3 Sensor size and also have optica Image stabilizer... if u give me an option i will go with Lumia 920 as i already have 7d and 5d dslr and even have point and shoot which i dont use these days