Samsung Galaxy S5: all the official images
All the rest is specs and history, as they say, and we'd add images to that - take a look right below.
Samsung Galaxy S5 image gallery
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Screw it. I'm getting this phone when it comes out.
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Wait bro, something everyone seems to forget, that was EPISODE 1. I still don't know what does this supposed to mean but there might be something else coming.
30. Bioload25 (Posts: 202; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Episode 1 = Galaxy Line
Episode 2 = Note line
49. XaErO (Posts: 145; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I guess, EPISODE 2 will refer to a premium line
and may actually come with a New Design, QHD Display, 3GB RAM ..
Still keeping my hopes for it ..
17. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you sir are an impulse shopper. lol dont let these back to back articles get you.
you have the NOTE 3 bro out of your mouth it is the supreme device... why not keep that going and wait for the NOTE 4?
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right! I totally agree. The Note 3 is better imho.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Phones, tablets and shoes are my addiction. I'm guilty.
37. papss (unregistered)
I feel ya.. My note 3 was two phones ago
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2157; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I like the way it looks, Smurf. This phone may not be a powerhouse over the Note 3, but it's a definite improvement over the S4. The problem here is expectations. Everyone had these ridiculous expectations of what this phone should be. The fact is that on paper it's still a great phone. If I didn't already have a Note 3, I'd be all over it too, but I'm definitely not mad at you for wanting to pick it up. I bet it will be the sh*t.
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I said I was getting the S5, iPhone 6 and Note 4 this year. I'm sticking with my commitment.
42. ScottSchneider (Posts: 314; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
PS, Wait until the F series is out.. Hoping... Samsung never mentioned about the Exynos made Galaxy Series.. .I think u should wait...
2. techaman (unregistered)
yeah a look at the ugliest phone to grass the internet with worthless upgrades that no one wanted rip samsung u just committed business suicide the reason s4 did not sell so much no you duplicated it good job when you see the profit loss in this phone wow will you be upset heads will roll and people will be fired.
3. hateftotti (Posts: 137; Member since: 03 May 2011)
At 1st I was really upset but after watching some videos I kike it more and more
4. NoFanboy (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Ugly af. Can't imagine how ugly it'll get after a few months.
6. retronig (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Oh yeah the phone will sell to some Sammy fanboys and girls or people that had the s3 and were looking for an bigger upgrade. I bet the sales of this phone will be a bigger disappointment than than the s4. What I don't understand is where is all the premium materials they planned to use????
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S4 sold well over 45 million - more than the S3 did...
7. techaman (unregistered)
smurf you may as well get the s4 its the same thing just cheaper
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S600 vs S801
13MP vs 16MP
802.11n vs 802.11 MIMO AC
Yeah, they're definitely the same phone.
26. NoFanboy (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
The s4 had 802.11ac. No one knows if it is a lighter UI. It could be 'heavier'
8. papss (unregistered)
I don't hate the back but that front is hideous..
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1371; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Though I'm not big fan of the design (I could live with it though), I think that thanks to soft touch finish, this will be very pleasant and ergonomic to hold.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It will. Can't wait to demo it in person come April.
11. techaman (unregistered)
hye i loved samsung ihave s3 i will not upgrade to this crap
13. redmd (Posts: 879; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Its worth an upgrade if you are coming from S3, not from S4 nor Note 3. Samsung fans were really expecting a more premium design.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It has a much improved design, especially considering it sports a IP67, something people are starting to care about.
35. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
People also care about the size. Its a lot bigger and the IP67 is not a must have here. I think HTC One 2 will have more costumers because its smaller.
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because you know the exact dimensions of a phone that hasn't even been announced yet.
14. techaman (unregistered)
its plastic with dimples it will sli[ out of your hand easyer
23. papss (unregistered)
I'm not sure I agree. We had the old nexus 7 that had those and it had a nice grip.
on another note that front needs to change a bit.. SS has over used it for three gens now
45. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
If the Xperia Z2 is all you're interested in, why even comment on an S5 article?
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8111; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Your first post in 10 months and it has nothing to do with the article. You deserve a trophy.
25. Loubielou (Posts: 207; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This phone just Shows that Samsung have got the iPhone 6 in the thoughts,an they will be Releasing another High Class Phone later in the Year,Even a Full Metal One,Samsung might after to Change the Ideas,an stop releasing to many phones in a Year,an produce more Top Class phones
28. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Honestly the phone looks better in high resolution. But samsung could do better design wise imo.
39. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
It seems that every year, samsung is just changing the back cover. Samsung Galaxy S6 will have spiky back cover that will massage your palm while you are holding it.
40. Ikechukwu (Posts: 136; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Please when will Nokia announce their future Lumia lineup? I'll be satisfied with my Xperia Z Ultra (in my android universe) for quite a while. Looking forward to Windows Phones (and secretely hoping they have one with an S810 :]] )
46. najib1312 (Posts: 99; Member since: 08 May 2013)
The back cover looks like a plaster especially on the gold one. I prefer the faux leather look on their Note 3 over this.
47. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
I kinda like the faux leather than this perforated look. The faux leather seems a bit more... premium.
48. DnB925Art (Posts: 191; Member since: 23 May 2013)
You people seem to forget or missed the part during the keynote that they have official battery covers designed by Nicholas Kirkwood and Maschino, if you don't like the stock battery cover. These are not 3rd party covers, but actual official Samsung covers: http://www.androidcentral.com/
sites/androidcentral.com/files /styles/w768/public/article_im ages/2014/02/acc7.jpg?itok=BbV C1rJm
sites/androidcentral.com/files /styles/w768/public/article_im ages/2014/02/acc5.jpg?itok=5sc 9AQoZ
50. aries.phills (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I'm so impressed. I could be the only one but I don't care. I'm getting this phone.