- New Camera firmware with HDR video
- Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling)
- Smart Pause Toggle
- Move Apps to SD Card
- Semi-transparent status bar
- New Icons in Settings
- Secure boot status in “About Phone”
- Increased display legibility
Samsung Galaxy S4 software update enables moving apps to SD card, HDR video
1. hateftotti (Posts: 172; Member since: 03 May 2011)
That's the power of Samsung ;)
But still haters gonna hate...
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
haters gonna hate this thing...
come on haters!!
you guys must accept it with open mind...:)
waiting this to come on my note 2...
#need to buy 64GB microsd...
13. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I just hope one day, haters will be more like critics. Cmon if you hate samsung for being samsung then don't pull down the company to shame, just share your thoughts or points on a right manner. Coz there are words better left unsaid. Of course, Apple, HTC and other manufacturers also deserves this kind of respect. PEACE!
51. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
sometimes we need haters...
but not all of the time.
2. roldefol (Posts: 3354; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"Awesome is about to get awesomer!"
Jeez PA, biased much? Nothing against the GS4, but it ain't the only awesome phone out there.
6. roldefol (Posts: 3354; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
People used to call this iPhoneArena, but if you look at all the praise they heap on the GS4, complete with in-depth reviews of CASES, you'd think Samsung was the only manufacturer worth mentioning.
Although of late Nokia cameras are a close second.
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Well does the community think it is awesome? Yes, 9,5/10 rating just here. And it is now awesomer no? Yes, cause the HDR video option was strangely missing and the purple effect was unexpected. Additionally apps on SD is a great relief.
Awesome just got awesomer.
11. roldefol (Posts: 3354; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I have nothing against the GS4. In fact, I've recommended it to friends and colleagues. I'm just sensitive to hyperbole and overexposure, which I feel has now reached iPhone levels around here.
18. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Damn right. I hope other manufacturers also include the move to sd option. Been sorely missing that
24. roldefol (Posts: 3354; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Doesn't that go against Google's wishes? How soon before TouchWiz is an Android fork?
3. iamfoolhehe (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
This why people now a days blindly buy samsung because if there is any problem in device samsung will come with solution to make awsomeee!!!
I lovee sammy ..mwhaaa !!
5. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I am a Note 2 user and yes Samsung is just great. They adhere to the needs of their users. The best is yet to come. Peace everyone!
7. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Samsung has really stepped up big in the last few years in how it supports its current devices. They're probably the best! Keep up the updates, Sammy
9. phljcnth (Posts: 448; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I hope they add the option to "open new windows in background" in the stock browser, remove shutter lag when on 13MP. Also, the option to "not show again" the notification when turning the volume up while on headset. One more thing, allow lockscreen widgets when passcode is enabled.
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
You ask too much but hey..
Maybe they listening to you
15. phljcnth (Posts: 448; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Haha I forgot another, compress the software. My total user memory is just 9.1GB of 16GB. My S3 had 11GB free. Yeah, I hope Samsung can read this! :))
14. Leo_MC (Posts: 720; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Sory for asking, but what's so awesome with moving installed apps to sd card? My last phone Gingerbread had it, ICS has it too (I believe Ace 2 Gingerbread has it too).
Don't tell me S4's Android got it just now?!
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
It was taken out of almost every version except 2.3 or lower i believe.....no other device on the market above 4.0 has app2sd except for root users...
19. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Actually after jellybean update google has stopped moving installed app to SD card so in other devices if u have updated it to jellybean u can't move it to SD card or u have to root. So this is great news from Samsung :D
20. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its a superb feature for samsung to bring back, hopefully my note 10.1 will get this also soon. Many games these days are huge in size so app 2 sd is greatly appreciated!
32. Leo_MC (Posts: 720; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
You mean JB doesn't let you move apps to SD card?!
33. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
yep sadly google removed that feature in jb once they stopped supporting removable sd card..surprised Samsung decided to implement it themselves only now and not when the s3 came.. looks like oems will make changes if enough people make a noise.
25. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It was a logical move as HW and NAND Flash bandwidth became so fast over the years that heavy apps operating from SD card bottleneck performance.
16. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Now am definetly getting this no more HTC one :D
21. Diego! (Posts: 536; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
What is important here to remark is that Samsung is paying attention to their phones issues and is doing a lot to improve the experience of using their phones in order to keep their customers happy. This is great news for the users! :)
22. jonartpop (Posts: 168; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
When will 4.2.2 arrive for muy SGS3. Please Samsung pleaseeeeee.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
If you can't wait, just Root it!
There you will have more functions and feautres of what you don't want to keep and have!
26. tomn1ce (Posts: 131; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
The sad part about this is that some people who bought the GS4 and hear about this are going to go out and get the cheapest microsd card that they can find and bitch and moan when the device takes for ever to do anything with the microsd card. I'm not referring to those who read sites like this one and know that they'll need a microsd card with top notch speed for the functionality to be great.
29. ama3654 (Posts: 293; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I think they should include a message when moving Apps/Games to SDCARD to recommend Class 6 sdcard minimum and class 10 for best performance.
34. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I have a class 4 atm which I hope will be fine but I do have a 32gb official Samsung class 6 which came with my s4 lol just can't be asked to move everything over.. hopefully the class 4 will be fine otherwise I'll have no choice but to change cards..
31. osanilevich (Posts: 268; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
This is actually one of the most feature packed updates I've ever heard of, barring a complete android upgrade
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
excellent and needed update
wish the whole hater comment would stop, samsung needs criticism aswell as mindless praise people. the criticisms make them step there game up and resolve issues like this
36. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 746; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Intelligent criticisms are acceptable
But haters' bombs are evilicious and irritating :)
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well even intelligent criticism towards a samsung device isnt allowed on here thanks to all the fanboys that swarm in
look at the thumbs down, shows how immature people are.
38. roldefol (Posts: 3354; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah how different is this from any other hater-butthurt interplay? I don't care if you're an HTC, Samsung, Apple, Nokia fan... your device is not immune to criticism. But I observe that PA has a pro-Samsung bias and I get downthumbed into oblivion, even when I come right out and say I have nothing against the phone itself. Nobody disputes the allegation of bias of course...
47. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Its amazing to argue with somebody that doesnt understand when something does "More" than the competition. If you cant understand that, thats you fault.
48. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
define more as everyone has different needs and the s4 isnt the one device to end them all as you all seem to believe
its been said before but im going to say it again, you android fanboys have gone overboard on your blind praise and samsung fanboys are the worst of them all.
The HTC one is just as good in general as the s4 (depending on your needs and taking general use into account) yet the samsung fanboys call it crap....how can a device that matches the s4 be crap if the s4 is so amazing.
fanboy logic fails
49. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
P.A will suck up to whatever's popular and on top at the time. they will play to the fanboys as they know they will get more traffic. any apple article now will have sammy fanboys swarm it. if anyone doesnt praise samsung mindlessly on there articles will have 5+ fanboys attack them and in there immature heads they believe now because they have numbers on there side there automatically right
what id like a android fanboy to answer which ive asked before yet none of them will give me a straight answer
why is it when apple was on top and sold millions it was because of a herd mentality yet now android is on top this isnt the case?
why is it only now do sales matter but again when the iphone destroyed all others in sales it didnt matter or count?
fanboys are a disease on this site, you will see how low and pathetic they get trust me
39. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Finally a sigh of releif frm samsung.... cant wait for this update of roll out soon for exynos octa....
40. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
My s4 battery get drain bery fast this days hope samsung bring update for this problem soon....
41. gigaraga (Posts: 1448; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I dont see other top of the line smartphones getting such good updates! Great!
43. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Will there be any performance hits while accessing apps/data moved to the SD card if high speed microSDs are not used?
44. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
By the way, just give me the 32 or 64GB version, and I won't need to move apps to my microSD card. Where are these variants?
45. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Wish I knew before I upgraded my 16 to 32 and had to go from my white to a the black version because of lack of white 32's...Ah well.
46. samystic (Posts: 214; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
did'nt Symbian have 'app2sd' available for like trillion years?
50. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
who are still using symbian...
53. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Glad to see people that are still using symbian..
We need more competition but too bad nokia abandoned it....
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
in the end it was the right decision as symbian was just too slow at adjusting to touchscreen. sure at belle fp2 it was ready to compete in most area's but building an ecosystem for it was going to be impossible
its the transition and how nokia abandoned it i didnt like
54. samystic (Posts: 214; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
questioning my post (question) and then being glad does not make you smartass
55. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
57. Swifty (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
My phone has "Move to SD card" in App Info in Application Manager, so I seem to have the update. But I can't find the semi-transparent option on the status bar.
Is it there? If so, where, please?