Samsung Galaxy S4 pricing leaked for Italy, bring money
Word has apparently leaked that the Galaxy S4 will launch sometime in the first two weeks of May, and will cost a whopping €699 ($914, £604). Meanwhile the rest of the EU will be facing a retail price of €599 ($783, £518).
The price discrepancy between what is expected in Italy versus other countries is apparently based on what has happened with previous Samsung releases, like the Galaxy Note II and the S III. The UK may see the S4 launch on April 26, but regardless of its release date there, it will surely be a successful launch as pre-registrations are up sharply compared to Galaxy S III.
The difference in release time frames is apparently due to the preparation of marketing materials. Aside from that, expect the Exynos equipped Galaxy S 4 to be available in about 6 to 7 weeks, just be sure to bring lots of money.
source: Android Caotic
1. Mr..J (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
according to gsmarena S4 costs $579 before tax for 16GB
4. Taters (Posts: 3597; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Game set and match. $579 is a brilliant price.
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
For the US that is, what about outside the US? Double standards hypocrites.
Bitch about how HTC One or Z cost outside the US but praise the price of the GSIV in the US.
41. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
INR 55 K..in India?... GS IV will not survive in India .... i can get a cool new bike with 70 Kmpl ......
59. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
XZ will pickup if this is priced at 55K. I guess ppl will start buying iPhone 5 for 40K on ebay ...
50. Taters (Posts: 3597; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's not double standards. Samsung has the android smartphone market cornered except for the US. With a $579 price tag in the US and probably $599.99 in Canada, it is now game over unless HTC goes $549 or lower, which they can't now since they spent so much on their own show and advertising to no avail.
599.99 or more HTC One
Pound for pound the best deal ever.
In Canada it will be worse.
$699.99 iPhone 5
$624.99 or more HTC One(using the one x price as a placeholder)
I am not saying the Italian and Indian markets do not matter but Samsung either makes more with the Galaxy Ace type phones there or they are already Samsung worshipping countries.
36. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
indeed yes... better to buy an ultrabook...
38. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
looks like samsung has lost it... $ 1K for a plastic smartphone.. ? samsung is planning to make $500 from each ..device ..huh..
44. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Well....fools keep buying, so you can't fault $amsung for that.
60. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Hold the Aluminium dressed in a Silicone rubber and have orgasms :)
6. edgabimbam (unregistered)
omg it is for USA -.-'
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think thats because US version has Qualcomm CPU, the price is lesser than rest of the world which will enjoy Exynos one.
45. mightyillidan (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
well i fuking want it i always like qualcom procecors that samsungs and with such price i really want the us version
54. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Yea, but the S600 is just as powerful as the Exynos.
19. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
in my country gs3 still costs a whooping $620
27. Rafael97 (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
In Portugal i bought the Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 (The one with Quad-Core, LTE and 2GB of RAM) for 225€ (293 US$) at Vodafone on a great Sale ;) I love this phone. Now i am thinking on changing my iPad for an Android Tablet.
46. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
That was the approximate retail value. And it's still not confirmed. Good price though if it ends up being the actual price. Still rather get a HTC One though.
3. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
hopefully with that price tag it will be the 32gb or even the 64gb version.
otherwise maybe in 2 to 3 months when it will drop a good 10-20%.
although i think that Samsung is becoming a littlelike Apple and wants people to think that their phones will boost their social status.
IMHO no phone boosts your status, unless it is a Vertu phone going along a Rolex or Patek Philippe and wearing an Armani suit.
43. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
All you have to do is wait, Android devices are like automobiles. The moment they leave the lot, they start to depreciate. IF you don't need the latest instantly, patience will payoff in the long run.
61. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
It pays to wait for 4-6 months on any new model.
5. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
The 16gb model I think is fairly priced.
7. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
again a retard is thumbing everyone down. how stupid do you have to be to do that?
IQ of 60.
stupid person i would suggest that you excercise your social skills. you hear me?
9. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
So the same money for a 16GB GS4 as for the 32GB HTC One... I choose One. Plain and simple.
12. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
But with the s4 you can use a micro sd card, up to 64gb, which you can't with the One x:
20. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
High capacity cards are still quite expensive here and most people don't use them (mostly some 8GB or so). Most people buy a phone from a carrier with a plan and 24months contract and buy a phone that has more built-in storage. Besides, the built-in storage is way faster and it's life span is quite longer that that of an SD card.
62. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
yea one online store is giving 16GB free with every XZ in India ... so yup it's coming free :D
11. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
the price is not that fair comparing to other flagships.
13. yero789 (unregistered)
One thing is great with all those FullHD phones coming out,their older versions will become cheaper,and that's great :D :D Because for me HD screen is enough for a phone(even though for me most important is screen brightness levels)!
17. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
still cheaper than iCrap, i5 64gb costs a whooping $1000
24. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
914 $ is just for 16 gb
you do the math dummy
52. Droiddoes (unregistered)
$914 - 16 gb model
$60 - 64 GB card
$974 - Still cheaper and better than an ifail 5 64gb
25. badero (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It does not seem reasonable to pay these amounts of money for a smartphone. A full PC costs about the same.
I hope the day comes soon, that Chinese manufacturers saturate the market with their products, and force a general price decrease.
33. tigermcm (Posts: 750; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I said that once to a family member and their response made me want to disown them. They responded with, "its the prices of computers that are not fairly priced"
28. rebeccajustin (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Someone plz tell how the hell is this king of plastic/junk better than htc one?
34. rebeccajustin (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I know u have a crush on me ;0
42. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
seriously you need help... God save Him/her....
51. Taters (Posts: 3597; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I can give you a lot of reasons but all HTC fans or Samsung haters do is downplay them as insignificant. The little things count and that is Sasmung outsells the HTC garbage easily.
53. rebeccajustin (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Samsung is plastic!They first mocked the iphone 5 for its similiar design to iphone 4s and then they created the same design of s3 into s4!.htc one is beautiful!it has sense!beat audio!etc etc
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
OMG, it has beats audio!! LMAO!