Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 seen on AnTuTu
According to the information gleaned from the benchmark site, the SHV-E330S variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be powered by Android 4.2.2 and feature a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor under the hood. Ironically, it actually scored lower on the AnTuTu benchmark test than the U.S. model with the quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 inside. The U.S. version tallied 25,900 vs. 24,179 for the unannounced model sporting the Snapdragon 800. The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor scored 27,417.
The SHV-E33S is expected to launch in South Korea during September.
A version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by the Snapdragon 800 was found on AnTuTu
source: RBMEN(translated) via AndroidAuthority
1. FazlurKhan (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Wow! S4S to go head to head with i5S! Hahaha
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
what a beast!!!
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
It's gonna be a lot of mad "early S4 buyers" out there...They say that the "EARLY BIRD" catches the worm... But it seems like the "Worms", are getting bigger and better, as the day goes on. (Waiting on the Note III).
80. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
The early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.
-Iron Man 3
22. rantao333 (Posts: 233; Member since: 21 May 2013)
sadly, my ppl here switch from apple > galaxy series , then back to apple.
32. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Because they miss their Cage !!!
If u tame a bird from a baby in a cage & when it grows up & one day you gave it Freedom.The other day it will always come back to its Cage..
If u put a Wild bird in a Cage , the other day its gonna break FREE and Escape into the Ever Blue Sky !! Where possibility is Limitless !!
38. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Maybe his people don't like frisbees and my space.
34. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Because a 10 years old Nokia would satisfy him too ;-)
53. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
you are lying!!
73. vandroid (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I switched to an iPhone 5 from the HTC one s and back to the htc one s, the iPhone was just too laggy and it froze too much
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Only going to be available in South korea sadly
30. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy S4S
-Life Is Complicated-
56. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
so it would be Samsung Galaxy S4C-omplicated
3. tech2 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Why always only in Korea, Samsung ? They've already got a higher clocked Exynos Octa CPU :(
13. techspace (Posts: 633; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
because the phones sold in south korea are manufactured over there itself and the taxes are very low...so they can use the extra money to make a better phone and sell it at the same price
17. tech2 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
possibly but the only difference in korean and international version is the clock speed. I don't really see any cost implications for that.
Also, they are not only manufactured in Korea.
25. techspace (Posts: 633; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
the ones sold in south korea are manufactured in south korea...and its not about the clock speed...the snapdragon 800 is more expensive and it also needs a bigger battery...
51. medicci37 (Posts: 627; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Actually, has more 2 do with the fact that Samsung & LG get alot from the Korean government. So the government pressures them 2 give back a little
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Snapdragon 800 in Samsung Galaxy S4 means competition over.
7. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Not really , you see that processor is going to power the next nokia lumia flagship
and you know if that processor is going to be on a windows phone , NO OTHER OS STANDS A CHANCE INFRONT OF WP
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Keep dreaming, dude!
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea it will be on Wp8 next year june.
57. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
lame lame lame...
8. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
But sill that processor will show its real colors if it was on WP and it will be on the next Lumia flagship and then NO OS will stand a chance against WP
40. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmfao, halfbaked, half Android, half iOs "Wanabe"
Hardly has any Apps and games!
No dev support
What a joke pathetic™ platform
10. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
What's the use of an OS which comes with too much limitations? Adopt android to achieve freedom.
11. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 819; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
One thing i hated HTC doing was re-releasing the same phone with an uprated processor and now Samsung is doing the same... I can already see lots of angry early adopters..
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
How will I angry? I'm happy for my current gs4 and I will going to get this version of gs4
18. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
31. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If she's Korean, her name should be Wendy Ga-In, not Wendy Garett.
26. techspace (Posts: 633; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
really? can you prove it? will you show yourself with both the phones in a video?
you also said that you will be getting the s4 active, how about showing all 3 of them in a single video?
.........i know that u are lying
71. darkkjedii (Posts: 11222; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly tech. I have 2 phones, an ip5 and a used note 2 from Craigslist. I have them cuz I love each platform...what the hell would I need with 10 phones, and that's not including the iPad 2, 3, mini, and galaxy 8.0 she claims to have. That's 14 devices, c'mon tech reallyyyyyy???
75. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Maybe wendy runs a betting syndicate. They need 10 cellphones to each member :)
66. darkkjedii (Posts: 11222; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Liar. So according to you, you have or are planning to have
2. Gs4 Octa
3. Gs4 rugged
4. Gs4 sp800
5. iPhone 4
6. iPhone 4S
7. iPhone 5
8. Note 2
9. Note 3
10. Gs4 s600 pro
Why? Unless you're a 3rd party retailer.
I think you're a liar that wants attention. One week you sell your kidney for iOS, the next you hate all things apple, including its users and have all these android devices.
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 11222; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wendy's a computer virus, just use norton on it.
72. techspace (Posts: 633; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
it(she) has attacked PA, they should do something about it...i think that is the reason why google tried to block PA a few months back...lol
82. a_merryman (Posts: 675; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Norton itself is pretty much the worst thing you could install on your computer. Invasive piece of crap.
15. tech2 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Did you read the article ? It'll only be for Korean market !
16. Trex95 (Posts: 543; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Samsung want to catch every where S4 zoom, S4 Nexus, S4 water resistant and now S4 with snapdragon 800 to catch up with Lg optimus g 2. Soon you'll see S4 with 5MP Ultra pixels like HTC one Lol.
28. techspace (Posts: 633; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
now they will think of making an s4 plus and the s4 duos...and both the phones will come in 3 different versions
19. .KRATOS. (Posts: 113; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Why didn't they include all this in the original S4 wouldn't be better.
23. AnonymousOpinion (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Is it just me, or are you people having problems with typing English clearly. The snapdragon 800 will indeed be badass in the S4, but don't bother sweating it, there will always be something newer within a month of any phone you buy. Just plan for what makes sence at the time and be happy with it untill time for next contract renewal.
81. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Well said. Get a phone that you like and that suits your needs and move on with your life. I believe a smartphones purpose is to help make your life tasks easier, not make it revolve around it.
24. BachMuhandes (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
maybe its the rumored 5.5" galaxy S4 mega
58. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
mega in term of processor
35. _Bone_ (Posts: 2126; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Likely the Note III test device. If it was indeed a newer version SIV, it'd have much better benchmarks since that's a finished product, the Note III is not just yet.