Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom announced for AT&T, $200 on contract
Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Sony Xperia Z2 display analyzed: large color gamut, excellent color accuracy
28 Feb 2014, 05:29
Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
Dallas, Texas, November 04, 2013 - Beginning Nov. 8, AT&T will be the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the Samsung Galaxy S® 4 zoom and customers will have the option to purchase for $25 a month on an AT&T Next installment agreement or $199.99 with a two-year wireless agreement. The Galaxy S 4 zoom offers customers a first-of-its-kind smartphone camera, which features 10x optical zoom and spin-to-focus manual control ring. It has the best qualities of the Galaxy S 4 smartphone series combined with the best of a compact point and shoot camera.
“Customers need more and more from their smartphones,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “With powerful, best-in-class optical zoom, in addition to easy access to day-to-day functions like email, social media and more, we’re able to offer customers the qualities they want and need all in one device with the Galaxy S 4 zoom.”
AT&T was the first to deliver Samsung’s Galaxy family of devices and has the best selection of Samsung Galaxy S 4 models in the U.S. with the Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S 4 Active™, Galaxy S 4 mini and now the Galaxy S 4 zoom.
The Galaxy S 4 zoom is a 4G LTE smartphone that features a 16-megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom. The lens has a manually adjustable zoom ring that allows users to spin to zoom in and out. The dedicated shutter button and Optical Image Stabilizer allow for effortless shooting. The Galaxy S 4 zoom captures video at 30fps in 1080p or 60fps at 720p, and features a built in Xenon flash and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone’s screen is a beautiful 4.3” Super AMOLED™ display.
Advanced camera features include:
- 10x Optical Zoom – Capture beautiful images from far away or up close accurately and easily
- Smart Modes –Choose from one of 25 pre-set camera modes, like Sunset, Best Face, Drama, and Panorama to capture the best photo possible
- 16-megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor – The built-in Optical Image Stabilizer helps keep the camera perfectly still, reducing blur and stabilizing the imag
- WatchON– Control your television and discover a rich TV viewing experience with the Integrated Infrared (IR) controller
- S Beam –Provides fast, easy transfer of large files, such as photos videos and documents, with a single touch of the Galaxy S 4 zoom to another S Beam enabled Galaxy device, without needing a Wi-Fi connection or cell signal
- Samsung Hub – A destination for the latest music, videos, books and games in one place
- For a limited time, Galaxy S 4 zoom customers can take advantage of two amazing promotional offers. Those purchasing the Galaxy S 4 zoom with a two-year contract or on an AT&T Next installment agreement and qualified voice and data plans can get a Galaxy Tab 3 for free. The Galaxy Tab 3 requires a new qualified 2-year data plan in order to be eligible. Customers won’t have to choose between a phone and tablet. Now they can get both for the price of one. With AT&T Mobile Share, customers can add the Galaxy Tab 3 to an existing Mobile Share plan for $10 more per month. And with Mobile Share, up to 10 devices can share data without needing to purchase separate plans for each one.
Additionally, customers can come in and receive a minimum $100 AT&T Promotion Card when they trade in an eligible smartphone and purchase a smartphone with AT&T Nextsm. The promotion card can be used towards the purchase of a connected tablet, new accessories or a wireless service bill. Both offers are for a limited time only, ending Jan. 9, 2014. Promotion can change at any time.
Galaxy S 4 zoom customers will also be able to take advantage of 50 GB of free cloud storage through AT&T Locker. AT&T Locker provides free storage that lets you store and share high-resolution images and video. It’s a single place to keep music, documents, and more for easy access.
1. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Who and why would anyone buy this?
11. Nick_T (Posts: 123; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Hi! The promo actually allows S4 zoom buyers to get the Galaxy Tab 3 tablet for free, not the Note 3, as the post initially stated. Sorry about that.
13. kyan- (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
i work at att. you can get s4, s4 active, note 3, or this zoom and get the tab 3 for free with 2 yr.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5454; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
At least theyvdidnt charge 249$ might as well buy the 1020 lumina
4. fouadqr (Posts: 204; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Awesome Cam + Smartphone = Nokia Lumia 1020 ...
samdung u can take ur UGLY camera and go away :D
5. solomonsteve (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Doesn't AT&T offer the 1020 anymore?? Even at a lower price tag..??
8. bigdawg23 (Posts: 294; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Yes they do, but some may not want it because if software limitations. I have a Note 2 and have looked at Note 3 and Lumia 1020. First I am not a fan of the tiling on WM but cam dwal with it. Second I send alot of emails and it requires reply and insert documents back into the email. Windows Mobile and iOS neither allow for this only Android does. This can be one reason to not do a 1020.
7. trickster_qc (Posts: 69; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
the S4 Zoom is a flop
the S4 Active is a flop.
I don't even know why Samsung is still trying to sell these in North American. No one is interested in a 200$ on contract phone-camera when 100$ gets you a better point and shoot.
10. Augustine (Posts: 291; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Just because we have the technology, it doesn't mean that it should be done. :-P
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 8872; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Camera phone with a camera...mehhh. They'll sell a few though.