Samsung Galaxy S III gets fan teaser to stir up rumors
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Buy a GALAXY NEXUS, when they arrive, or wait until next spring/summer for the next best and greatest phone? Tough choices - choices that ANDROID happily provides.
7. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm Andy Rubin and I approve this message.
14. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Too bad MS couldn't do the same for WP. Jealous:'(
23. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
It probably won't hit the states until fall, one year after the ii did.
32. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
There will always be better phones. You can't wait forever!
4. dws93 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I hate rumors , can't we just wait for the official announcement from Samsung it self , I think it's too early to talk about sgs3 , the glamour of s2 is still shining .
5. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Bah silly samsung didn't we hear this kinda talk last year?
8. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Rumors set expectations high...only to be...demolished with actual launch of device...see Galaxy Nexus...If we pull ICS out of it...its just another piece of already aging hardware...no quad-core...or superfast dual-core chip. Not that I'll use the cpu to its fullest capacity...just for my bragging rights ;)
16. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
What you talking about. It has just as good but mostly better hardware than anything out there. Resolution and pixel density, NFC, still great processor. Camera is better than mos but the iPhone, unless u are to concerned with mega pixel. 4.6 inch screen with not much if not bigger at all in side than a 4.3 inch phone with no hardware buttons. The extra charging spots besides USB. It's pretty much the best possible phone hardware that's been tested to work together or one of the best. What else you need. If you can wait than do it but I don't really want to. This phone is good enough and is only phone that works with ics without hardware buttons. I reapply don't care to much if my bionic gets ics because with the hardware buttons being a waste of space along with the onscreen hardware buttons that would equal a small usable screen.
20. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Ok...by hardware I just meant CPU and GPU (which i failed to mention earlier)...come on...OMAP 4460 is not fast than exynos running at 1.4GHz.
And...one more and important thing...Google has launched next-gen Android with Galaxy Nexus...then why not next-gen Superfast 4core CPU...HD display is awesome...camera...I don't even care...but I do care of fast processing speed...sometime...I attend webex meetings and conference calls at same time...and when feel bored in call...try to listen some music at same time as well...and...I do push my gadgets to limit at times.
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm. because quadcores arent out yet. did you want to wait till january at the earliest for the nexus?.. why not wait till the exynos quad launches in june? or... until holographic images are possible?
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
gs2 is an awesome device and even after 8 month being in the market it is still considered by many as one of the best or the best smartphone and especially in android land that is a feat in itself...so i cant imagine how awesome the gs3 will be...even though i have not seen it i already this will be my next device....lol think am becoming a samsung fanboy
10. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Well I think everybody around the tech world knows how the rumor mill goes so I'm not going to pay attention to the specs guessing. I think it's pretty obvious that the next phone in the SGS line will be great, though. It definitely has a solid foundation to work off of.
12. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
For people now on the edge between the gs3 and nexus. Get the nexus if you can on contract, when the GS3 is announced you can probably sell your nexus for $400-$500 (if you unlock it) and pick up the GS3
13. Carlitos (Posts: 499; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
3/6/12, I can defenetly see Motorola and HTC, releasing something, big around that time. Lets just see. But i really do think that Android, specially Samsung and Motorola, with Quad cores, there phones arent going to have many bugs or issues, of course you'll find something, but nothing big.
15. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I just hope that another "Epic" or "Evo" with physical keyboard comes to Sprint with the updated specs (dual/quad-core processor, 4in+ 720p screen, and 1GB+ RAM).
34. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I love my Epic, with the keyboard...I with you....i want to keep my keybord!
18. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
o0o, shiny. does anyone know if the quadcore exynos uses the little.BIG configuration like tegra 3?
19. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Samsung, Android - double trouble. No, thanks. My TV and microwave are enough. :)
21. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
And watch it launch with a plethora of problems like its ancestors. That is why I prefer the Evo line to the SG line, they always bring innovation and are much more trustworthy over Samsung
25. ph00ny (Posts: 1165; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You make it sound as if evo line didn't have a single issue. Also trustworthy? You know where the whole Carrier IQ thing blew over big time right? HTC and software just doesn't go well together. I still can't believe they dump all those sensitive data into the log
24. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
F YOU Samsung...i just got the Nexus! i thought this would be at least July or something...but march really!
26. ph00ny (Posts: 1165; Member since: 26 May 2011)
last GS2 was announced in march and released in april/may. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same this time around
31. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lol. Relax, Alantef. This was made by a fan. Nothing true about it.
But I did get my GSII in may.
27. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I HATE FAKE TEASERS. I'll wait till the next REAL GALAXY NEXUS then my upgrade will be available.
29. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I'm honestly putting my money on sometime in June.
30. AzmiAb (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Woww! Exactly on my birthday!! Maybe Sammy would send me Galaxy S3 as a birthday present...hehehe
33. jayrownage (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
got my sgs2 last august and now another bomb. can't wait to get my hands on this.
litening rom + spb shell = awesome