Samsung Galaxy S II stars in a teaser video reminding you that its US debut is near
1. Kyle (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 08:37 0 0
Already got the Euro version, but am curious to see what the US version packs.
21. pancakefly posted on 25 Aug 2011, 12:51 0 0
wow, where did u get it? can Euro version use T Moblie's 4G network tho?
2. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 23 Aug 2011, 08:49 3 1
Wow this is going to be the king until the quad-core phones come out!
5. Alex (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 09:38 0 0
Not really... Nexus Prime will be released this year.....
Duo core 1.5
6. Knicknevin posted on 23 Aug 2011, 09:57 0 0
There is no confirmation of a launch on V. SGSII may be the flagship phone for V for the time being. However, If that Nprime comes out on V, then that would quickly take the cake.
13. NexusmightNOtwin (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:53 0 0
can't see how except for the HD screen but than again it's a pentile display
16. PeterIfromsweden posted on 23 Aug 2011, 13:48 0 1
Untill the wave 3 comes out you mean ; )
20. adamska (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 08:57 0 0
Watch the video again, at then end you see the touchscreen buttons at the bottom, the home button is second from the left.
4. WirelessCon posted on 23 Aug 2011, 09:02 0 0
Why wasn't this released 2-3 months ago? Samsung could have sniped quite a few out of contract iphone users looking for something bigger and better.
I wish Samsung the best, but they lost a killer 2-3 months of sales in the U.S.
11. Sam1234 (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:52 0 0
With a lot of people waiting for this phone im pretty sure it would have done great in sales.
I think the main reason for the delay is the impending legal drama with apple. Thats probably why they changed how the Galaxy s2 looks before it hits america. Im hoping to get one myself and im very patient.
7. LED (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 10:04 0 0
Ok.. i have a question for those who own a SGSII... does it have a notification LED??
Definite deal breaker if it doesn't!
10. Ivan6479 posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:51 0 0
I don't own the device, but as far as I have seen on the Euro version I am pretty sure it doesn't have a notification light, but whether or not one of the U.S. versions will have one is not really known seeing how they are changing a few things here and there for each provider. As you notice at the end of the video there was also no Home button on the one they show, which will most likely be the one going to AT&T seeing how they probably want to stick with the same form factor as the Samsung Infuse as customers have already grown accustom to its current layout. I hear what you’re saying with the notification light though, because I do miss that feature from back when I had a BlackBerry (BB). If a notification light is your biggest concern then I would have to recommend a BB or possibly an HTC as they both have them and HTC does a nice job of hiding them within the grill of the earpieces.
12. bucky posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:53 0 0
no led notification unfortunately. however, there is a mod that lets the capacative buttons at the bottom blink. Works the same.
19. Ivan6479 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 06:16 0 0
Well that's good to know that the option is there for the people that really must have it.
8. Al (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:48 0 0
Already have the euro version too. Fantastic phone. I can't believe that the U.S. model(s) won't have a home button. I've gotten quite used to it. I hardly ever needed or used the search button on my old phone (evo 4g).
9. NexusmightNOtwin (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2011, 11:51 1 0
Nexus might not be able to beat gs2 in terms of performance because even though the nexus is using a higher clock soc the gpu is a overclock older gpu the PowerVR sgx540 found in the original GS. Also the new HD display would demand more form the hardware at least it would make sense because all of those pixels. Also there's that software implementation as well, like many other who have said that ICS could be rushed so there might be all sorts of bugs. The gs2 has proven by every other country (which is a good and sad thing) that it works and it works well. SO time will tell but nexus might not win. Another thing is the nexus line of phones were only meant to be a developers phone and not the top of the line STUFF.
15. gallitoking posted on 23 Aug 2011, 12:43 6 0
I dont like Sammy but My girlfriend would find this phone sexy.. so will buy it... what people do for love..dammmm
18. chezzitstealer posted on 24 Aug 2011, 03:51 0 0
yes in the us! i was hopeing to get the Motorola photon but this looks much better and my upgrade is in December! ill have to wait awhile but i think i can hold out. i hope my transform does.
22. tryecrot (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 18:13 0 0
Yes there should realize the opportunity to RSS commentary, quite simply, CMS is another on the blog.