Researcher says Android will overtake iPad soon, doesn't understand "Android"
1. rallyguy (Posts: 614; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
So if you don't like it, why write an article about it unless you are trying to bash Android. There are a lot of polls taken that the author may think are more accurate.
3. salic (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
They reviewed a report and provided their own feedback to it?
10. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The point of the article is to make sure that people understand the numbers more fully rather than just repeating the "findings" like other sites have done. Not everything is black & white pro-Android/anti-Android. There's a lot of nuance in the world.
14. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
"It almost seems inevitable that Android tablets will take over the majority of the tablet market sooner or later. "
How about looking at sales of android tablets in India and mainland China, and you will find, that android tablets are currently out-selling iPads. Those "official" numbers are hard to come by, but since android is a commodity in the two most populous countries in the world, it's very hard for the iPad and iOS to remain the #1 tablet in the world.
12. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
sorry thum`d up you by mistake. take it as thumb down please.
2. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Amazon's != Android.
It can run Android app, but it is seperated from Android's ecosystem. Google is just trying to look nice doing that.
6. ph00ny (Posts: 665; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google? Google didn't conduct the survey or predicted overtaking ipad in tablet market "very soon"
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You can always tell when someone either didn't read the article, or just couldn't comprehend it...
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Google only reports activations of android devices equipped with liscenced Google apps. the fire does not use the Google market.. it uses the amazon market.
7. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
" The Kindle Fire is separated out as 10% of respondents, but the Nook tablets are included in the 32% given to Android tablets, so it's hard to say what the real numbers would be."
You meant 42? Or did you take off 10 for the kindle. Either way though it should be 42 because 42 was giving to android but they did give you the ability to separate kindle if you wanted.
8. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
it should not take very long for GREEN ROBOT to dominate tablet space. we never know some day android would be runing on notebooks and ultrbooks.
ANDROID domination is inevitable.
13. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Indeed, while Apple will continue to be the
Single biggest tablet maker on the market
, android, collectively, will continue to hold its
Own against it, with some notable devices like the
Amazon kindle doing particularly well. But I think
It will be not until 2013 that android shipments will
Outnumber those Ios.....
15. stealthd (Posts: 1060; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The numbers said cheaper mp3 players would overtake the iPod but they never did. Nothing is guaranteed.
16. Juan_Gomez (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
The MP3 player was dead before that could happen.
18. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
"The numbers said cheaper mp3 players would overtake the iPod but they never did."