Redesigned Apple iPhone 5 earphones show horse head-like appearance
Still. we now have a pretty good idea of what to expect on the 12th of this month when Tim Cook shows off the new design of Apple's smartphone with a larger screen, a faster processor, a smaller dock connector and a new location for the earphone jack. And actually, it is the latter that we want to discuss. A video on a Vietnamese site claims to show the redesigned earphones that will come in the box with the redesigned phone. The wire on the new earphones say that they were designed by Apple in California and assembled in Vietnam. The site goes on to say that the earphones look like they won't come apart like earbuds and that they resemble horse heads.
Vietnam has seen some legit Apple iPhone leaks in recent years, so while we would advise you to take these leaks with the proverbial leaks with a grain of salt until the phone is introduced, there could be a reason to believe that the earphones for the Apple iPhone 5 will look exactly like what you see in the video.
source: Tinhte (translated) via AppleInsider
1. mercorp posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:09 18 17
Even htc's poor earphones are more pratical.
2. AndroidVsApple posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:15 16 13
Looks Ugly...Horrible..Disappointing. Keep the old headphones damn it Or make them with Flat Cables so they dont tangle so frequently. Like the BEATS Earphones
14. 305Bucko posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:30 9 0
I hate the old headphones, they fall out of my ears. These look like they'll stay put.
Anyway,,, shouldnt sound be more important? I mean, I don't necessarily wear headphones to make a fashion statement.
3. Peter98 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:36 9 0
Special design but how to use it? Looks not practical.
4. lilg29 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:42 3 10
"Revolutionary" i see... Please apple, i didn't like your headphones before (because of comfort reasons) and I certainly don't like these (it doesn't look like apple's doing).
30. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2012, 09:29 5 2
So.. you can tell how comfortable they are from a photo? Keep trollin' trollin' trollin'
37. lilg29 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:53 1 3
1) i don't like trolling, i was stating the truth...
2) those things are already molded versus apple's gel buds which are way comfier, knowing the previous headphones already being molded these would probably be unconfortable unless they had different sizes.
38. 305Bucko posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:57 3 0
I suppose you can taste food by looking at pictures on a menu as well.
I want your special powers :o
5. amiaq posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:44 9 5
I heard you stick those damn things up your nose holes. Apple has patented it already.
6. meowcenary posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:46 14 1
How does it even look like a horse? It looks more like a pair of cat testicles, if anything.
19. 305Bucko posted on 02 Sep 2012, 00:04 3 5
I found another close up picture of these on the internet
8. TheLibertine posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:01 14 3
They gonna sue farmers over horse-head design.
15. 305Bucko posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:35 8 2
APPLE VS BUDWIESER
Anheiser bush banned in the US over Horse design. Budwieser claims they had Horses in their commercials before apple. When suddenly Apple shows exhibit A: a 200 page email showing how Budweiser wants to copy apple's headphones.
shame on you Budwieser tsk tsk.
9. TheRetroReplay posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:04 1 2
Looks more like a horseshoe than a horse head.
10. networkdood posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:07 4 0
That pic reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets.
17. 305Bucko posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:37 11 2
Yes... and the worst part... mostly Android fans commenting on how much it sucks.
18. HäckeMáte posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:59 6 6
Oh maan, pass the Haterade, theres quite a bit of angry Android users up in here. I swear they comment more on Apple articles than the stuff they ACTUALLY like.
22. TheLibertine posted on 02 Sep 2012, 01:08 3 3
Yup, you did got it quickly.
41. ILikeBubbles posted on 02 Sep 2012, 14:03 0 1
not compared to apple cultists...........
there's zealots on both sides of course
but show me one Androidfan Applebasher i'll show you 10 applefan android bashers...
24. whysoserious posted on 02 Sep 2012, 01:49 7 6
Just like how apple sheeps troll about how android suck, copycat and sh*t everytime there's something new about it. It's a never-ending cycle so get used to it, my friend. At least we, android fans are truthful about what we say about Apple; it sucks, and so this earphone.
31. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2012, 09:30 2 3
"At least we, android fans are truthful about what we say about Apple; it sucks, and so this earphone."
Thanks for the comedy.
25. Savage posted on 02 Sep 2012, 03:53 2 0
Haha ,that's funny because I just said they make headlines. No judgments nor snide remarks made by me, won't you agree?
29. networkdood posted on 02 Sep 2012, 09:18 0 0
lol, I never said it sucks, but...it is overblown.
12. frydaexiii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:23 3 5
Ugh, who's gonna use those ugly POS? Maybe if people bought Android or WP, they'd have enough money left over to get some decent earphones like Audio-Technica or Sennheiser.
13. AndroidVsApple posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:27 3 2
Ooo So Modern Just look at them Their ugly..i bet people who are going to buy the iPhone 5 are going to buy extra headphones and Agreed you can stick these up your noses so when your sick All the Snot wont come out .....
16. BigBoss10 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 23:36 1 4
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!! Looks like 80's headphones
21. Rocksteady posted on 02 Sep 2012, 00:35 5 1
What's important is the performance and comfy.
Let's wait and see.
(Although I personally don't like the design, could have looked better)
32. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2012, 09:35 0 0
Personally I had mixed results with the old apple headphones. They felt comfy in but often 'popped' out. They felt a little too big for my ears. I hope these stay in better.
39. 305Bucko posted on 02 Sep 2012, 11:03 1 0
That is precisely my complain too. They popped out. Everytime I lay down on the bench at the gym they fall out.
Im glad they changed the design I just hope it was to address those complains. I could care less how they look.
26. karoafriyie posted on 02 Sep 2012, 05:29 5 1
oh so now everything apple brings out sucks hm i bet most of you have apple as you first love
40. frydaexiii posted on 02 Sep 2012, 11:33 0 0
Yeah, it's embarrassing really...Apple is really one of those where it looks like the grass is greener, only to realise it's a s**tty locked up pit of despair and you've made a huge mistake, feeling even worst that you once even looked up to it.
28. voxmarc posted on 02 Sep 2012, 09:14 0 0
looks more like mantis eye,reminds of kungfu panda.
34. Peter27 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:00 1 0
I stopped watching comedy central channel.
The news from Apple are much more funny.
35. Peter27 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:04 1 0
It's year 2112 and children at school have history lesson.
Teacher says: And in 2012 Apple came up with these headphones.
A big laugh in the classroom!
36. xtian1103 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:53 0 0
look at all these guys excited about every apple news. they didn't bail out even a headphone
43. GregL posted on 03 Sep 2012, 00:28 0 0
You're a moron neither of your sentences make sense, and your grammar is child's play! Tisk tisk!
42. Nathan_ingx posted on 02 Sep 2012, 18:18 0 0
Looks like it'll be featured in the next Star Trek movie.
It looks like it could fly...like those flying machines in the move...
44. GregL posted on 03 Sep 2012, 00:30 0 0
Who gives a rat's ass what they look like? Don't like them? Don't wear them! Simple solution children.
47. downphoenix posted on 03 Sep 2012, 15:38 1 0
I hate earbuds with a burning passion. Maybe its just my ears, but they are uterly TERRIBLE.
I have to admit though, the redesign of these COULD be a good thing, although Im still skeptical due to the fact I've never found a single pair of earbuds that actually fit properly and comfortably.