Purported Galaxy S5 mini specs appear: 4.8" HD display, Snapdragon 400, and an 8 MP camera
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
That's certainly 'mini'. Does this make the M7 a mini?
4. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
No with his huge bezels... Mini is not the screen size but the all package compactness.
2. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
They released the S3 again under the S5 name lol
11. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
HEY! How dare you say that! S3 has an 1.4 Ghz Exynos 4 Quad CPU which is better than snapdragon 400. Sent by a proud owner of the GT-i19300.
12. amats69 (Posts: 1223; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol!someone is being too serious! Relax! Hahaha
16. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Lol yeah. My gs3 has served me very well since I bought it in 2012. It still takes wonderful photos and is still running fast (with cm11).
22. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
dont cry, even though the snapdragon 400 is a little better and more efficient than exynos 4, the difference is minimal. antutu bench result of s3 and s5 mini will be very close. but since this is bearing the S5 moniker, samsung will overprice this and sell it more than what galaxy grand 2 is doing now even if the latter is a better phone at 5.25" real estate...
3. 1701nino (unregistered)
If 4.8' is a mini phone these days,what would you call my nexus 4 with 4.7'screen(which i can barely handle with my hands) extra mini?
10. vincelongman (Posts: 2493; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I think Samsung means mini as in mini phablet
Since the S5 is basically as big as phablets from 2 years ago
17. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1791; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
We don't know this world anymore, my friend... Mini should be 4"-4.3" maybe 4.5".... anything bigger than that should never called mini XD
26. Taters (Posts: 4300; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It should be smaller than the Nexus 4 despite the larger screen size.
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Is this a joke? Performance wise is a step back from the S4 mini!
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 710; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Why aren't oem's using atleast snapdragon 600 for their mini or midrange versions......????
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I wish it had the Eyxnos 5422 or E5420 or S801
9. techperson211 (Posts: 961; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Samsung htc and lg never learned about their so called mini handset.
Only Sony z1 compact is by far the mini of its flagship.
13. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Actually looks quite good, but at least have a better processor or higher resolution camera? But that would bump up the price too much...but then again it was always pricey to begin with.
14. express77 (unregistered)
Don't worry people.They are providing bigger hand as accessory so that it feels like 'mini'. And mini of 2017 will be 6 inch. Money back guarantee.
15. lpratas (Posts: 129; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Samsung make the things come worse and launch a a phone very worse than the Galaxy S4 Mini. Why a Snapdragon 400, Cortex A7? What stupidity is that? The S4 Mini has a Snapdragon 400 dual-core but at least it's a dual core Krait 300 which is the same architecture present in the Snapdragons 600, 800 and 801 which it's equivalent, more or less, to a Cortex A15 because has those instructions and has 3.39 DMIPS per MHz and a Cortex A7 has 1.9 DiMPS per MHz which is lightly less than what a Cortex A8 has, 2.0 DMIPS per MHz and a Cortex A8 it is for a long time, a outdated technology. In 2010 is that the phones had those architecture. A phone with those specs it's doomed to failure because nobody buys it. Even the S3 Mini has a better processor, a dual core Cortex A9. I don't understand this view of Samsung, it's a very strange view in fact. The S4 Mini, in specs, it's reportedly better than the S5 Mini.
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
S5 mini with A15 no matter if all features turned on on Touchwiz it will push it with not a sign of lag no matter what you throw at it it will glide fast
Those A15s have immense power if not used with A7 cores but straight A15
20. vuyonc (Posts: 669; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The Z1 Compact and Moto G remain the king and queen of compact smartphones. Heck probably for the rest of 2014
21. seanwhat (Posts: 247; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
4.8? screw that man. i'll stick with my s4 mini, 4.3 is about as big as i'll go.
23. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
a combatant for the Sony Xperia M2, hmmmn but the M2 will be priced way lower.... this might kill S3 sales + - and or boost Grand 2 sales.... but if you are stateside then the nexus's and moto's are still king... in asia this will get slaughtered by mediatek octacore phones...
24. true1984 (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 May 2012)
so its the s3 with a better gpu? maybe they had parts left over from the gs3?
25. flipjzn (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I am not getting any Samsung galaxy mini version anymore. I have the s4 mini duos and it keeps hanging.