People line up for 8 hours to get Nokia Lumia 800 in Singapore, lured by a free Xbox 360 offer
Nokia has always been strong in marketing, and it is obviously trying to drum up excitement about the Lumia series on an unprecedented scale, but the kids lining up seem to be pretty dedicated regardless of the free Xbox promo.
As you can see in the pictures, some even tattooed their hands with Nokia and Windows Phone logos, while waiting in line.
The launch party was also giving away 10 Lumia 800 phones, which is an attraction in itself, since the phones sold at the launch cost $775 apiece, as the carrier prices will be announced at a later date.
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
People are waited months in long lines for iPhone didn't give away anything and still sold millions of phones and made 50% of profit on each phone.
3. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
they surely are .... windows 7 crap ... xbox was good
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
XBOX RROD IS CRAP
4. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
You seem quite defensive about a product that wasn't even mentioned in this article. Are you somehow related?
5. pongkie (Posts: 520; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
do you think apple should give back something to their fans? Maybe they should stop boasting profits and start giving hmmmmmm
10. harsh_732006 (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
what else do you expect from the Issheep?..duh
6. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ill buy the phone and sell the Xbox on ebay.
13. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
most doing the that the opposite way,expect lost of the nokias to appear on ebay
7. Pdubb (Posts: 241; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
No matter who is selling a product, I think that waiting in those long lines is a little crazy. However this free xbox-kinect bundle for the first 100 might would have me thinking about doing this.
11. hepresearch (unregistered)
Haha... We can be like Apple lovers, too! Except we get FREE STUFF for waiting in the long long (popular) line... Long Live Nokia!
Apparently it is super fun to wait for hours in the groupie line... so popular! All for a piece of electronics that they will replace after waiting in a similar line in a couple more years when the next big thing arrives... this is the stuff they will tell their grandchildren about some day?
12. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
most will keep the xbox and sell the phone thus making a profit. the phone is a failure otherwise without this offer
18. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
the article mentions only 100 xboxes to be given away and there seems to be many more than that in line. hardly a failure. :)
17. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
thank you, daniel p. for a positive report of the nokia/wp debut in singapore. very refreshing to hear from pa in this manner. :)