Now in the Apple App Store: AOL for iPad
But AOL did have the brains to re-invent itself in the new mobile based world, as an app that offers many of the same things that it offered as a closed system. The app for the Apple iPad was redesigned from the ground-up and uses a tiled UI that opens on a general news feed, although more specialized stories are a click away. And yes, AOL mail is included. Just click on the small envelope icon on the top toolbar and you're on your way.
AOL for iPad is a free download from the Apple App Store.
AOL for iPad Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
AOL for iPad
source: AOLforiPad via TUAW
1. mas11 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Haha does it come with those classic dial-up sounds?
2. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Hard to believe people still use AOL?? Nevermind, just read it's for iPad: makes sense now.
3. quakan (Posts: 1080; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Aol with dial up back in the 90s: *wait like 45 min* "Welcome. You've got mail" lol
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was my first experience with the Internet. Took forever to get on, and no call waiting while on the net. Those were the days of chat rooms lol.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Makes sense you would troll chat rooms, any behind the dl hook-ups??
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not sure why you look to bother me, but if it makes you happy go for it. Your wasting your time if you think I'll actually answer your questions though.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I had that too, with the disk inserted in the drive lol.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm sure I wish you'd go away...Wendy.
11. Deaconclgi (Posts: 145; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
NetZero with SegaNet FTW!!!! I heard "Get off the internet!!! I am expecting a call!!!!" Waited for hours for a phone call that never came..no internet the whole time....what kind of cruel joke was that!!!!!