Nokia asks you about the brand name of the first series of Nokia Windows Phone devices
1. snowgator posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:10 3 0
I read this a couple days ago on WP Central website. I think it is a good idea. Anything to build interest for Nokia products in the U.S. can't hurt. Most people here think of Nokia as a camera company.
12. Lucas777 posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:02 4 0
very true... they shut call it the nokia genesis.. powerful name, shows rebirth, and sparks interest
40. Jeromeo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 14:31 1 0
If Nokia has to ask the consumer, then they can NEVER compete with iApple...
3. box (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:22 3 0
While as good and accurate as the Phoenix branding is, Phoenix is already taken by LG: it's AT&T's version of the Optimus, which runs Android, so I sincerely doubt that Phoenix will be used.
4. WD.DN (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:40 1 0
Why not name it SeaRay lol
5. drahmad posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:41 1 3
I suggested "Nokia Next" a name with a very purposeful meaning.
6. ilia1986 posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:43 3 9
Nokia needs to reinvent itself...
Wait - that's wrong.
Nokia SHOULD HAVE REINVENTED ITSELF - back @ 2007 - when the iPhone came.
And changed that ugly Nokia font as well.
They should have been the first to jump on the Android platform - and not HTC - and show Apple what it means to have good hardware and excellent software back in the day.
Make no mistake - WP7 is very very good - but it's not Android. I doubt it's the future.
11. Hallucinator posted on 30 Aug 2011, 11:50 8 2
Actually Android sucked back in 2007 so the rest of your story is kind of mute
13. RicNP posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:13 0 0
@hellucinator yes it's true but no OS is born perfect! at least they should have put some of their eggs the Android basket, I bet if they would have they would be making great divices.
17. ilia1986 posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:34 3 3
Hallucinator - Android 1.0 is way better than the crime-against-humanity that was Symbian S60v5.
I had a Nokia 5800. I know.
18. Hallucinator posted on 30 Aug 2011, 13:21 3 2
I definitely agree with you about that.
7. lubbalots (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:49 1 6
This is Nokia and they want to attach a bird to their products? Just say it out loud, "Nokia Phoenix!". How stupid is that. That name has no connection with anything with regards to Nokia or wp7. It will not be a household name like Apple's iproducts. Should have name for example,
Nokia ND7 (ND= nokia design), Nokia ND7S, or Nokia ND7S 4G.
Attach a name that will have a legacy.
29. box (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 15:23 1 0
That sounds too much like the HTC HD2, HD7, and HD7S
8. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:52 1 2
I would go for something like ''Nokia Atomic'' or ''Nokia Blue Rain''.
10. nb2six posted on 30 Aug 2011, 11:10 3 2
Call "Purple Rain" then they can have Prince market it...
14. RicNP posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:16 2 0
"Nokia Acid Rain" is better and more agressive!...jk
16. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:28 2 0
yeah but that would scare the customer.lol
19. Hallucinator posted on 30 Aug 2011, 13:23 5 0
Just call it the Nokia Make it rain. Give a way vouchers for free lap dances at your local strip club with purchase.
36. drahmad posted on 30 Aug 2011, 23:48 0 0
hahahaha very funny
9. vvelez5 posted on 30 Aug 2011, 11:09 1 0
I think Fusion is a good idea. Since these new Nokia phones come with WP7 it is a fusion of Microsoft and Nokia. And the marketing could work with it too. Think about it what works great together? Then make a list of things that work well together then stop with Nokia and Microsoft.
15. PeterIfromsweden posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:19 2 4
They should go for Nokia Mr Elop killed Nokia with this WP : P
22. jthiagesan posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:23 2 1
Peter just know your bada is not as famous as Symbian or Nokia.
20. ReturningToNokia posted on 30 Aug 2011, 13:28 2 0
Someone suggested Nokia Communicator - it's nostalgic, return to glory, and is exactly what phones are for!
21. MUSSIEXXX (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:03 1 3
they should just call it iflop series
23. PeterIfromsweden posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:30 3 1
Grow up man !
I know that at the moment symbian has more market share than bada. I am not saying that Symbian is bad at all, in fact i like symbian. I actually have 2 Symbian 3 phones at the moment (Nokia N8 and X7) and i might buy the Nokia 701 as well (to check out symbian belle, don't want to wait until i get an update on my X7). Oh, and the Nokia N9 i'm definitely getting that one !
Now as im saying this, i do like bada alot better than symbian, but i still like symbian as well, but of course i am going to use bada as my phone and symbian / MeeGo only as my second phone.
But, in a year or two bada will have more marketshare than symbian (unless Mr. Eflop gets fired and nokia go back to symbian).
24. jthiagesan posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:45 0 0
are you working in bada development team? Whatever i download from samsung apps in my friend's wave 2 it says Android application not compatible with your device. It's the fault of Sammy not creating much apps for their Bada OS. But if you take OVI it has lots of downloads suits your device. I think if you have UC browser you can even transfer them to anyone. Everyone has freedom to talk it includes you and me, but just wanted to know why the BADA has made you to love it.
25. PeterIfromsweden posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:50 3 0
for the wave 2 there is about 6100 apps at the moment.
How you can download an android app i don't know. If you use the Built in Samsungapps on your friends Wave2, you will only be able to donwload bada apps, and there is lots of good bada apps on samsungapps.
UC browser is available for bada...
26. jthiagesan posted on 30 Aug 2011, 14:52 1 0
I'll try it tomorrow when i see her. Thanks friend!!
27. PeterIfromsweden posted on 30 Aug 2011, 15:13 0 0
I recomend you download UC browser, Weatherbug, Samsung mobile Unpacked (then you can watch the presentation of the wave 3 live on the wave 2 in the app on 1 september), beetagg QR reader and hockey nations shootout.
There is lots more quality apps, but these are a few of them you can have a look at : )
30. jthiagesan posted on 30 Aug 2011, 16:04 0 0
thank you. I have a question maybe stupid. How many phones do you have?
39. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 03:37 0 0
Check my profile and you will see all the phones i have and all tha phones i have had.
At the moment i have 5 phones.
31. Doggletron (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 16:10 0 0
32. stun (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 16:24 0 0
"symbian killed me" will be a great name resemblance with nokia current situation
i hope they quickly release the phone and not to busy trying to figure out a name
34. m. begin (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:58 0 0
hmmm Name of Nokia WP7...............................i suggested name is Nokia "Connecting" maybe???? i hope so...
37. drahmad posted on 30 Aug 2011, 23:49 0 0
my suggested name "Nokia Next" has got 75 votes already lol
38. Ranjit (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 03:31 0 0
How about Nokia Tiles