No, Samsung did not pay Apple $1 billion in five cent coins
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
It sounds more like SJ's way of doing this thing. He would pay the money in coins of different denominations and demand the payee to count every one under his watch.
2. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
What was ur point with this post. It made no sense at all.
25. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
its just one of those funny articles with no point or meaning to it
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
abraham Lincoln said that? hahahaha.
well, i still wish it was true. we did this on a school payment once. professor was pissed with counting, ever since he made all fees exact and such.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the ending line was golden. I liked it. :)
9. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
and he was a math teacher. lol. hahaha.
32. abiug.gc (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
he was a vampire hunter not an article´s hunter lol
4. sp3llv3xit (Posts: 20; Member since: 15 Sep 2011)
Don't you get sick of the stories about how this schoolyard bully kicks people around? Someone should stick it to Apple and maybe roast this fruit with marshmallows.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9809; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That would probably be the best trolling act I've ever heard of. You are a genus!
21. Aeires (unregistered)
Only if they were Macintosh apples.
31. levvy (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
a little addition: ......in trucks of "ROTTEN STINKY" apples.
7. bloodline (Posts: 704; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
nice little gag at the end of the story nick.
u apple fanboy
10. prisilla111 (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 May 2012)
WTF. Lincoln didn't know anything about the internet. If I know my history, he was 2 busy killing Vampires.
12. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
That awkward moment when you read this meme on 9gag and knew it would start a rumor like this.
13. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
They should pay apple in pennies. thats alot of damn pennies
14. Slammer (Posts: 1402; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Wasn't Lincoln known for driving a Mercury vehicle to continental breakfasts? Hence, the Lincoln Continental. Then dropping a load afterwards. Lincoln Logs. It's on the internet. Look it up. :)
15. wayee1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
OMG !! PLASE thsi history is funny..! but !: write a article ...! omg! sooo ...
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, no way this would have been real. Now there was a case of one guy paying another a court settlement of thousands in pennies. Heard that one on the radio like, a decade ago.
18. Savage (unregistered)
How I wish it were true. But it's impossible. I read somewhere it would take atleast 347 trucks (had a lot of statistics and calculations) to transport the $1 billion. Not possible with current gas prices.
20. Aeires (unregistered)
I heard it was dimes, they wanted to show Apple how it felt to have them dropped on you.
22. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
How could anyone believe this story, when there is an appeal process starting....
23. chris_t610 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Phonearena, aren't you getting tired of this kind of story to tell? Frankly, this stuff is starting to sound rather ridiculous and yet you keep fanning the flames of the issue, put a lid on it please.
Just go back to what you do best; and that is reviewing and reporting gadgets which is the main core of existence of this website anyway. As for the legal matters in between companies, best you leave that to the court and lawyers. Unless you want to shift to becoming LawArena.
26. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
lol. can't you laugh once in a while.
this is the only samsung v apple related story that doesn't have mass apple vs android flaming
24. Mohamed_Abdulkareem (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 May 2012)
"Don't believe everything that you read on the internet." Did Ibraham Lincoln said that? so, Pharaoth sould be the real founders of the Internet :)
29. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
How the hell does Lincoln know about the Internet?
30. AnotherOne (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
33. ambrown (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Obviously this would be a little more than impractical...but it would make an awesome FU to Apple for being trolls themselves in the courtroom. But clearly Samsung doesn't actually owe that amount as of yet. Once it goes through the appeals court that price will likely be lowered, at least somewhat. Most cases like this where a sum is awarded the appeals court usually knocks off either a portion, or reduces it drastically. It's still quite outrageous that $1.5 Billion was awarded to Apple, but in the end Samsung can hope for a huge reduction in that amount before the day of reckoning comes and they have to pay up.
34. ELgar (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
That's a pretty sharp and witty ending to your article, you must be really proud of yourself Nick T. NICE one bra!