No, Samsung did not pay Apple $1 billion in five cent coins
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 08:52 6
It sounds more like SJ's way of doing this thing. He would pay the money in coins of different denominations and demand the payee to count every one under his watch.
2. sithvenger (banned) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 08:55 19
What was ur point with this post. It made no sense at all.
25. OptimusOne posted on 30 Aug 2012, 14:24 0
its just one of those funny articles with no point or meaning to it
3. bobfreking55 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 08:57 7
abraham Lincoln said that? hahahaha.
well, i still wish it was true. we did this on a school payment once. professor was pissed with counting, ever since he made all fees exact and such.
32. abiug.gc posted on 03 Sep 2012, 14:04 0
he was a vampire hunter not an article´s hunter lol
4. sp3llv3xit posted on 29 Aug 2012, 09:01 3
Don't you get sick of the stories about how this schoolyard bully kicks people around? Someone should stick it to Apple and maybe roast this fruit with marshmallows.
11. PapaSmurf posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:06 6
That would probably be the best trolling act I've ever heard of. You are a genus!
21. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:35 3
Only if they were Macintosh apples.
31. levvy posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:52 0
a little addition: ......in trucks of "ROTTEN STINKY" apples.
7. bloodline posted on 29 Aug 2012, 09:27 3
nice little gag at the end of the story nick.
u apple fanboy
10. prisilla111 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:01 13
WTF. Lincoln didn't know anything about the internet. If I know my history, he was 2 busy killing Vampires.
12. biophone posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:11 1
That awkward moment when you read this meme on 9gag and knew it would start a rumor like this.
13. kshell1 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:11 2
They should pay apple in pennies. thats alot of damn pennies
14. Slammer posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:12 4
Wasn't Lincoln known for driving a Mercury vehicle to continental breakfasts? Hence, the Lincoln Continental. Then dropping a load afterwards. Lincoln Logs. It's on the internet. Look it up. :)
15. wayee1 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:55 0
OMG !! PLASE thsi history is funny..! but !: write a article ...! omg! sooo ...
17. Sniggly posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:18 0
Yeah, no way this would have been real. Now there was a case of one guy paying another a court settlement of thousands in pennies. Heard that one on the radio like, a decade ago.
18. Savage posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:24 0
How I wish it were true. But it's impossible. I read somewhere it would take atleast 347 trucks (had a lot of statistics and calculations) to transport the $1 billion. Not possible with current gas prices.
20. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:34 0
I heard it was dimes, they wanted to show Apple how it felt to have them dropped on you.
22. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 13:28 0
How could anyone believe this story, when there is an appeal process starting....
23. chris_t610 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 22:04 0
Phonearena, aren't you getting tired of this kind of story to tell? Frankly, this stuff is starting to sound rather ridiculous and yet you keep fanning the flames of the issue, put a lid on it please.
Just go back to what you do best; and that is reviewing and reporting gadgets which is the main core of existence of this website anyway. As for the legal matters in between companies, best you leave that to the court and lawyers. Unless you want to shift to becoming LawArena.
26. OptimusOne posted on 30 Aug 2012, 14:26 0
lol. can't you laugh once in a while.
this is the only samsung v apple related story that doesn't have mass apple vs android flaming
24. Mohamed_Abdulkareem posted on 30 Aug 2012, 04:48 0
"Don't believe everything that you read on the internet." Did Ibraham Lincoln said that? so, Pharaoth sould be the real founders of the Internet :)
29. Android4u posted on 02 Sep 2012, 19:10 0
How the hell does Lincoln know about the Internet?
30. AnotherOne posted on 03 Sep 2012, 00:05 0
33. ambrown posted on 06 Sep 2012, 14:45 0
Obviously this would be a little more than impractical...but it would make an awesome FU to Apple for being trolls themselves in the courtroom. But clearly Samsung doesn't actually owe that amount as of yet. Once it goes through the appeals court that price will likely be lowered, at least somewhat. Most cases like this where a sum is awarded the appeals court usually knocks off either a portion, or reduces it drastically. It's still quite outrageous that $1.5 Billion was awarded to Apple, but in the end Samsung can hope for a huge reduction in that amount before the day of reckoning comes and they have to pay up.
34. ELgar posted on 02 Oct 2012, 14:36 0
That's a pretty sharp and witty ending to your article, you must be really proud of yourself Nick T. NICE one bra!