Nexus 7 refresh and Android 4.3 now expected in July
1. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Tegra 4 or Snapdragon 800 is the real question.
Snapdragon 800 should beat the tegra 4 cpu by a little.
The Tegra 4 gpu though will own adreno 330.
Both are good enough chips to push the rumored 1200p screen perfectly.
5. MrPhilo (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Snapdragon 800 won't be faster than a pure A15 chip, it's a stripped down version of A15 (easier way to say it). Obviously its a custom SoC by qualcomm but it doesn't inherit all the A15 features (to use less power). But the advantages of Snapdragon is due to it's wireless/radio integration.
The Adreno 330 > Tegra 4 in terms of benchmark. The Adreno 320 at 450Mhz loses only to Tegra 4 by 1.1 framerate (GFXBench, 17.1fps vs 18.2fps).
7. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
In a benchmark thats biased towards adreno?
8. MrPhilo (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Obviously the benchmark is bias towards Adreno (sarcasm), Adreno GPU uses better technology than the old Tegra. It has OpenGL 3.0, which is going to be supported in Android 4.3, while Tegra 4 GPU is only 2.1.
GFXBench isn't bias, it's a universal benchmark.
11. sorcio46 (Posts: 392; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Ho can you say this
"it's a stripped down version of A15 (easier way to say it)"
If Qualcomm didn't say or presented any kind of technical info about the architecture of the Krait 400?
12. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
should be on par with the top a15s. Silvermont though is going to destroy arm q3-q4 in the tablet market.
Based off specs the quad core baytrails will be scoring between 50000-60000 in antutu
15. sorcio46 (Posts: 392; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
*Should be is a supposition, nice try...
FACTS, no useless rumors!
Also there are only rumors and suppositions about the Intel Silvermont...
21. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
A dual core low end intel atom phone cpu is on par with a15 quad core. The atoms are basically seeable as a7s. The baytrail series (mainly for tablets for now) is going to destroy the competition in intels $400 laptop/tablet hybrids running android.
30. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
thats the first Intel fanboy ive seen all day
31. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Lenovo K900 is using a low end intel atom.
Now **** off.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who cares as long as the darn thing works.
20. james004 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 May 2013)
screw that, all these news are made up to get people to continuously come back to site and read this trash. im done with this site. not coming back. all they do is MAKE UP news.
32. smartphonelover (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
I'm hoping for Tegra 4 :) Idk if it's more or less powerful than the Snapdragon 800, but Tegra processors seem to have more high end apps that are compatible with them.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well they have until August to wave a shiny new Tablet in my face because if they don't i'll either get the HP Slatebook X2 (most likely) or i'll find a deal on an N10.
4. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
What about Back light bleeding on Nexus7.I hope Asus fix that, I return three of mine Nexus.And I hate Back light bleed.
6. Tsoliades (Posts: 179; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
I want a new Nexus 4 with an aluminum body, a Snapdragon 600, and GSM LTE.
Come on, Google!
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's impossible. The Nexus 4 has a glass body, if you want aluminium, go get a HTC One.
9. alltechinside (Posts: 220; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
If you go to 20 seconds of the video, it looks like the new Nexus 7!
It's from the Hangouts ad by Google. What do you guys think?
19. JesterB (Posts: 16; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Looks like the nexus 7 have I've had for the last 6 months. Wish it was the new one though.
22. alltechinside (Posts: 220; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
turns out it is the current nexus 7 with some light flashing animation (from the video)....I was wishing it was the new one though :(
10. Kjayhawk (Posts: 271; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
I find this really weird, why would google have 2 announcements so close together? If they were planning on releasing android 4.3 then they would have previewed it at google i/o. It looks to me that google will just be releasing KLP in november, to keep manufacturers from falling behind and keep fragmentation low. Personally i think google should just forget about android 4.3 and just release KLP in November.
google could do what it did with android 4.2 just release a video on verge, but that was because the conference was cancelled...
13. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I was pretty shocked that google didn't announce this at I/O but I think google wants to separate it's product announcements from it's software announcements, just like apple.
14. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I was gonna wait for the new nexus 7 for my kids but they are getting impatient.
So should I wait or just buy the Nexus 7?
23. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Wait the nexus 7 is starting to show its age pretty bad.
35. riggsy (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I would wait. It is a great tablet and it worked like a charm till 2 days ago when it started constantly power cycling. This could just be a one off issue and I am still going to try the external hard reset before i try to go through Asus for a manufacturer warranty. Bought mine last July when they came out. Besides this it has been one of my best purchases ever. But if it was me I would probably wait. Hope your kids enjoy it.
18. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
No excuse they could not at least talk about 4.3.
24. TNesmith (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Alright, so a while ago Qualcomm leaked a profile of what could possibly be the new Nexus 7 running on I believe the Snapdragon 600 but also it said " Version: KLP." So that makes me think do manufacturers, those close to Google, get the new versions of Android before the public?
25. FlushGordon (unregistered)
If Nobody wants Tegra 4, well maybe except Tosiba and ZTE...what. does Nvidia going to do now?
They got a little bit cocky in their T4 announcement, and we have yet to hear from former customers like Asus, LG, and HTC
27. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
They have the Windows RT market. Tablets with Tegra 4 and Windows RT
26. FlushGordon (unregistered)
So far, NO major OEM manufacturer wants a piece of Nvidia....I wonder why
28. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Cost and the tegra 4 is only for high end tablets. Also there are OEMs with interest just the other day HP announced the SlateBook x2.
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'll wait for a key lime nexus tablet thanks.