Nexus 7 16GB price slashed to $199
Pictures from major U.S. retailers like Office Depot and GameStop have leaked out and this is as close to official as it gets.
This puts Google’s Nexus 7 in an extremely favorable position against the 7.85-inch Apple’s iPad mini, which goes on sale in a couple of days for $329 for a Wi-Fi-only version.
So even though you don’t get to see a Google event live today because of that Frankenstorm that hurricane Sandy is forming to be, you still have the good news. Which one would you buy, the Nexus 7 or iPad mini?
source: Droid Life, Android Police
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2012, 06:02 12 1
Nexus the iPad Terminator
2. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 29 Oct 2012, 06:10 14 1
Google means consumers first.......Apple means my pockets first you people last
14. rf1975 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:38 0 1
"Google means consumers first". It is not true. This pricing is to break the market domination of Apple iPAD. But consumer can benefit from this.
5. jove39 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 06:52 3 0
Discontinued i think...at $150...asus/google will lose money!!!
13. bayusuputra posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:23 0 0
Sold out.. they are not losing money because the 8GB model is already sold out..
7. Cacharoes posted on 29 Oct 2012, 07:03 0 0
Currently on the Playstore it lists the Nexus 7 as unavailible.
At least for me it is.
I guess it is a sign that they are changing something.
True they said the 8GB model was already being sold at cost, if they drop 16 to that and have a 32, either they are selling them underpriced, or the components in the device became cheaper.
9. deuel_18 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 07:23 0 0
wait is it what it says "coming soon" at the bottom of the price?
11. willywill_evo posted on 29 Oct 2012, 08:26 1 0
Microcenter and Staples has the 32GB for $250