Nexus 4 KitKat update released, 240 MB OTA takes you from Android 4.3 to 4.4
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Progress. Now all that needs to happen (for me) is for KK to drop for the Droid Maxx.
5. JC557 (Posts: 1227; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Which probably won't be too long after the Moto X if Motorola keeps it up.
9. rf1975 (Posts: 251; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Got my Nexus 7 LTE, waiting for KK update. If Google enable calling feature (like on TAB 2 P5100) can be happy with my purchase. Otherwise it will be a waste of money.
11. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ive got the friggin wifi version of the fhd n7 and still no update
2. hmd74 (Posts: 431; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
The image was krt16O and this one is krt16s...what's the difference?!?
7. sss_ddk (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The image was updated to this newer one. No changelog has been published (to my knowledge)
4. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Finally ! I was started to think my Moto G would get the 4.4 update before Nexus 4 :D
6. bagou01 (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
All of you saying "finally" or "great" or ... have you received it?
because last time google announced a rollout was one week ago and still nothing for almost everyone.... example, I still haven't even received it for my N7...
8. saenaedewe (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 May 2013)
My N7 (2012) also have not received the 4.4 update... I am in Indonesia...
15. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
i believe what they did was pull the update and then start to release this newer version of kitkat to clean up some minor bugs
13. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Your all going to love 4.4 I thought with it being incremental that i wouldn't really notice too much from 4.3 (4.2 to 4.3 didn't yield too much imo).....man was i wrong. Flashed 4.4 on my DNA 2 days ago, its BEAUTIFUL! If you haven't seen it in person yet, just wait =)
17. Izoe (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
I agree with you, got the nexus 5 and was really impressed with the look and function of the interface. Only wish they also upgraded the interface of the home screen of the nexus 7, almost thought I bungled the update because it looked exactly the same, until i noticed some icons had changed e.g camera
16. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
I'm growing impatient waiting for my n4 update. how does apple have such a quick and easy rollout while my nexus products are struggling?
18. RohanM (Posts: 135; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I already flashed previous factory image that was krt16O so will I get OTA for this new one now or I have to again flash new factory image ?
19. 1701nino (unregistered)
This is exactly my issue,i flashed factory image krt16O on my N4 and after that i locked m bootloader again, will i get my next update OTA???
Thanx for posting this question.
22. 1701nino (unregistered)
I read on androidcentral forums that we will get a small update 2-3 mb.
23. 1701nino (unregistered)
Just got an 9mb update to krt16S after i flashed the factory image a couple of days ago.
There you go.
20. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
My Nexus 4 is currently using ver 4.2.1 (due to having LTE activated). It shows in the front that it has ver.4.2.2 downloaded but not installed. I have not installed it because if I install ver. 4.2.2 it probably will disable or turn-off the LTE... Since 4.3 has to be installed prior to be able to upgrade to ver 4.4 Kit Kat. Do that means that I cannot upgrade to ver 4.4?
21. 1701nino (unregistered)
You have to upgrade version by version OTA,or you can flash the factory image straight from google and have the latest version(but it's a bit complicated)
24. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I did it. Right now I have it working with ver
4.3 waiting for 4.4
25. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I finally received & installed ver 4.4 (Kit Kat) in my Nexus 4 today!!!
26. bagou01 (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
received it yesterday evening in belgium, but no performance improvements