Nexus 4 KitKat update released, 240 MB OTA takes you from Android 4.3 to 4.4
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5718; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Progress. Now all that needs to happen (for me) is for KK to drop for the Droid Maxx.
5. JC557 (Posts: 1025; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Which probably won't be too long after the Moto X if Motorola keeps it up.
9. rf1975 (Posts: 242; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Got my Nexus 7 LTE, waiting for KK update. If Google enable calling feature (like on TAB 2 P5100) can be happy with my purchase. Otherwise it will be a waste of money.
11. apple4never (Posts: 944; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ive got the friggin wifi version of the fhd n7 and still no update
2. hmd74 (Posts: 301; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
The image was krt16O and this one is krt16s...what's the difference?!?
7. sss_ddk (Posts: 61; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The image was updated to this newer one. No changelog has been published (to my knowledge)
4. tech2 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Finally ! I was started to think my Moto G would get the 4.4 update before Nexus 4 :D
6. bagou01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
All of you saying "finally" or "great" or ... have you received it?
because last time google announced a rollout was one week ago and still nothing for almost everyone.... example, I still haven't even received it for my N7...
8. saenaedewe (Posts: 61; Member since: 01 May 2013)
My N7 (2012) also have not received the 4.4 update... I am in Indonesia...
15. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
i believe what they did was pull the update and then start to release this newer version of kitkat to clean up some minor bugs
13. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Your all going to love 4.4 I thought with it being incremental that i wouldn't really notice too much from 4.3 (4.2 to 4.3 didn't yield too much imo).....man was i wrong. Flashed 4.4 on my DNA 2 days ago, its BEAUTIFUL! If you haven't seen it in person yet, just wait =)
17. Izoe (Posts: 104; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
I agree with you, got the nexus 5 and was really impressed with the look and function of the interface. Only wish they also upgraded the interface of the home screen of the nexus 7, almost thought I bungled the update because it looked exactly the same, until i noticed some icons had changed e.g camera
16. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
I'm growing impatient waiting for my n4 update. how does apple have such a quick and easy rollout while my nexus products are struggling?
18. RohanM (Posts: 130; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I already flashed previous factory image that was krt16O so will I get OTA for this new one now or I have to again flash new factory image ?
19. 1701nino (Posts: 264; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is exactly my issue,i flashed factory image krt16O on my N4 and after that i locked m bootloader again, will i get my next update OTA???
Thanx for posting this question.
22. 1701nino (Posts: 264; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I read on androidcentral forums that we will get a small update 2-3 mb.
23. 1701nino (Posts: 264; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Just got an 9mb update to krt16S after i flashed the factory image a couple of days ago.
There you go.
20. Professor (Posts: 135; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
My Nexus 4 is currently using ver 4.2.1 (due to having LTE activated). It shows in the front that it has ver.4.2.2 downloaded but not installed. I have not installed it because if I install ver. 4.2.2 it probably will disable or turn-off the LTE... Since 4.3 has to be installed prior to be able to upgrade to ver 4.4 Kit Kat. Do that means that I cannot upgrade to ver 4.4?
21. 1701nino (Posts: 264; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
You have to upgrade version by version OTA,or you can flash the factory image straight from google and have the latest version(but it's a bit complicated)
24. Professor (Posts: 135; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I did it. Right now I have it working with ver
4.3 waiting for 4.4
25. Professor (Posts: 135; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I finally received & installed ver 4.4 (Kit Kat) in my Nexus 4 today!!!
26. bagou01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
received it yesterday evening in belgium, but no performance improvements