New app lets you tweet from the grave
Believe it or not, there already is an app called DeadSocial that sends out tweets from your account after you've passed on, but the messages are written by you before your death. LivesOn tries to capture how you write your tweets. The AI also tries to learn what subjects you normally respond to so that tweets that are sent out in your name cover the kind of subject matter that you would have tweeted about when you were in the pink. Those who want to use the app will have to appoint an executor who will be in control of your Twitter account after you've gone.
As morbid as this is, wouldn't you just love to catch the reaction of your friends and family the first time they get tweeted from your ghost? LivesOn already has a web page up where you can leave your email address to be notified when the app is (please forgive us) live. And no matter how you feel about the whole thing, you have to laugh at the app's tagline on its site. "When your heart stops beating, you'll keep tweeting."
source: LivesOn via CNET
4. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
So I'm not the only one who thinks it's REALLY creepy %)
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
this has got to rank amongst some of the most messed up s@$t out there!
and people who actually use this app need to see a shrink for obsessive social disoorder!
3. blackice214 (Posts: 163; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
wow, now i can say fucck you to my haters from my grave yes.
5. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Why wait for so long? You can tell them that now :)))
6. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
OMG! This dpesnt gets any creepy than this. I'm gonna puke.
7. nikenturd (unregistered)
So creepy....only applicable if ur dying of cancer
8. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 390; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I'm sure Apple will try to patent this nonsense
9. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm just laughing at the comments and article period, this is to funny. Only in this generation(sadly my generation) would people be so up the ass of social media that an app like this would be born.
10. rocketlog (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
This is not creepy at all. Not creepy at all.
11. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Should be available on Windows Phone to start with....i can see that thing going to grave first. xD
12. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
On a serious note...this is sad app....really really sad. Lol....who wants to do that? At 27.....i want to live for 50 more years.....i really don't want to plan tweets after i am dead. Lol.