Motorola suing German Apple Stores over three patents
The site says that Dusseldorf courts are relatively slower than German courts in Munich and Mannheim, although it is pointed out that they are faster than courts in the States. It could be that we are still months away from decisions on the cases. The court in Dusseldorf was the venue where Apple was able to obtain an injunction against the sale of the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 tablet last year. The three new suits were filed with the court on April 12th of last year.
Just the other day, Motorola Mobility won an injunction from a German court, preventing Apple from offering the push email feature in iCloud. Thanks to an earlier ruling in November in Motorola Mobility's favor, Apple recently pulled from its German online store its 3G/UMTS products like the Apple iPhone 3GS, the Apple iPhone 4 and the 3G Apple iPad. The Apple iPhone 4S is not included because it is equipped with a "world" radio manufactured by Qualcomm and Apple is paying the company royalties for its use on the model.
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And the patent wars continue. Attorneys are getting college funds in place for their kids.
3. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
This news needs an update about the 3G products.
11. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yep because of frand apple is paying royalties at a fair price which other companies pay that moto wouldn't give and nothing is banned. There is your update guys.
4. f1r3z0r (Posts: 88; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
take that Apple....stop suing other companies
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Lawsuits won't end because the whole patent system is crap. It need a deeper revision.
Timeline, Inc is suing Facebook for the word Timeline.
If so, anyone can claim anything and sue for it.
6. paulyyd (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol too bad this ban was already lifted all 3G products are back on apples German site, nice try though
7. random1204 (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 May 2010)
I just looked at it...no it's not.
Under iPhone there's only the 4S.
And the iPad they're selling is only wifi.
...nice try though.
9. cthunder (Posts: 104; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
I really don't care. But someone is seriously imformed if they think the all 3G products are back on apples German site.
12. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Your right but apple is palying royalties to lift the ban
8. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Wow, Motorola is very bitter recently. Is it because their phones are typically of poor quality and build?
10. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so, when apple sues over napkin designs, is fully justified.... and when motorola sues AND WINS its over bitterness of their poor sales? lol
13. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Build is something that Moto phones are better in, aren't they?
Quality is an unclear term. Which quality parameter are you referring to?
And even they were of poor quality and build, why is apple stealing from a company that makes phones of poor quality and build?
15. buggerrer (Posts: 293; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Glass is better than a Kevlar ? seriously?
*warining* IQ less than 50!!
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6954; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Youre nothing but a bitter whining btch Miz. Just learn the fact the Apple deserve what they GOT. Being BAN in Germany.
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You must have a mAxiPad; are they really absorbent?
14. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Miz , come on now, stop acting like Apple is the victim. They are getting what they deserve .
18. tedkord (Posts: 6261; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Hey, now fellas, take it easy on Miz. It's been a very difficult week for the baa baa types.
* Figures show that Android growth STILL outpaced iOS in the 4th quarter of 2011, despite the iPhone 4s' supposedly miraculous sales.
* A scientific study showed that iOS crashes *significantly* more than Android.
* A survey shows that Apple's phone support satisfaction has taken a nosedive
* Apple products are banned in Germany for (ironic pause) patent infringement.
* Another report said that Android users were more likely to score on the first date (pretty good for supposed virgin geeks!)
* Hopes that Apple would come back strong with an event in February have been dashed.
So, cut the man some slack. These are the times that test the resolve of a dyed in the *wool* partisan, so he can be excused if he doesn't quite bring his "A" game to the table.
19. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
You are my new god and savior. Where is our new place of worship?