Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch makes its late night television debut
While Topolsky displayed a new Lytro camera and a new virtual reality game, the watch on his wrist went unnoticed. A closer look at it shows the familiar circular face of the Moto 360. At one point, the wearable lights up, showing off the face of the watch with a soft neon glow.
The Moto 360 will be one of the first wearables to be powered by Android Wear, which is a version of Android designed specifically for wearables. We could hear more about the device and Android Wear at Google I/O, which is scheduled to take place June 25th and June 26th in San Francisco.
source: TheVerge via AndroidAuthority
3. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I'm gonna hold out to see what Kairos can achieve
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1507; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It definitely looks like 360 and as far as I'm concerned there are no copies announced.
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4074; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I didn't watch it.
37. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yes, the verge actually confirmed it on their facebook page
2. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I was hoping the 360 would have been smaller. now we are gonna get phablet watches too.
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6697; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I think you need some glasses there friend. Moto 360 looks like a real watch.
19. Metropolis75 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Watches with large faces have been in for a while now. The Moto doesn't look any bigger than those.
22. grahaman27 (Posts: 348; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It doesn't look that big to me, no bigger than ever other watch for men.
8. gustavoace (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
If this is true, it is not as big as the previous leak
18. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 391; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
You say that on a picture that shows the watch face on and from really far away? okay...
33. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1146; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if you watch the show you see it very clear up close, dont judge from a article pic
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4074; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It seems to me that it's only an extension of Google Now on your wrist. For the same price Pebble Steel offers a lot more options including an app shop on the Play Store.
14. erikiksaz (Posts: 129; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
You just like to pile on assumption on assumption, huh?
Mind you, I'm just a casual observer of smart watches (I don't care to wear a normal watch, either), so I'm not biased toward any of these smart watches.
I just find it funny that people can already write something off before its even unveiled or even leaked in any sort of substantial detail.
26. PBXtech (Posts: 982; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
He wrote it off the second he heard it wasn't running iOS.
35. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1146; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
just wait ios will copy this and say we made a prototype 20 years ago after watching inspector gadget, lol i really do think apple will take the same route as moto but moto holds the patent to the round screen tech from the ariea phone, this is the same thing just condensed,
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6697; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
But what channel or program was impaired on?
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6697; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I meant what channel/program did the 360 aired on?
29. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Looks stylish classy and smart
Really like this design, a watch style smart watch.
What about : Prada Giorgio Armani Louis Vuitton D&G watches
36. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1146; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
f them i will trade my movado for this hahahahaha
38. Gadgety (Posts: 99; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
JT was on the Verge in a video, pleading to see the watch close up, not long ago while Moto's guy acted coy, stating he couldn't. The whole thing an act obviously.
41. TouchWiZSucks (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 May 2014)
Now tht Motorola made moto 360
All companies will try their hands on Round faced smartwatches
Such a shame seeing a struggling company like motorola actually come up with something and then have it copied by other big companies :/
42. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1146; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
My Gayson for Motorola holds a patent for the round displays from 8 years ago
43. Gadgety (Posts: 99; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Amazing. Would you know which patent number?