Moto X+1 said to be coming with optical zoom and... 3D display?
8. NexusPhan (Posts: 625; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Agreed. This is an idiotic rumor that exists only because of those two dark spots on the bottom of the white render which could be any number of things at this point. Least likely of all is a head tracker for 3D effect.
11. JC557 (Posts: 1541; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There's a possibility with the optical zoom. I've seen old Samsung flip phones that came with it on their 3.2MP cameras. That was several years ago so I would imagine there are plenty of improvements to make it as compact as possible.
Sony is also working hard on their optics from zooming to mimicking how the human eye works. I can't wait to see the results.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
3D display is a gimmick. We don't need any Fire, Moto! Why not keep it simple? Optical zoom is nice though.
3. erikiksaz (Posts: 170; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
GSMarena interpreted the 3D display as being a curved display, not a stupid tilt thing like the fire phone.
7. sniper1087 (Posts: 513; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
the tweet said the last leak as a going away present basically
5. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
please dont start back with 3D displays......anyone remember the Evo 3D? or that 3D LG? yeah it didnt catch on, I really didnt/dont see the uses for it
9. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Optical zoom is great. 5x is enough, atleast not losing any detail, like digital zoom :)
10. Scott93274 (Posts: 4835; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
An optical zoom would be a much welcomed upgrade, thought I'm calling BS on the 3D screen. the Moto X was nearly stock android, adding only features that made the phone smarter. Touchless controls, Moto Assist, shake to launch camera, these features are used daily and make using the phone all the more intuitive. Having 3D would maybe benefit the Spotlight stories app and really nothing else.