Metal Huawei Honor 7 outed with 20 MP phase-detection camera and finger sensor
1. Johnnokia (Posts: 1096; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Hopefully, Huawei Nexus 5 will be based on this awesome affordable Honor 7.
14. waddup121 (unregistered)
That's a lot of stuff going on there.
23. Simona (unregistered)
Guys don't worry there will be honor 7 plus soon and it will be 6''
btw guys what's that 4th button on the left side of phone?
2. Ghost04 (Posts: 344; Member since: 03 May 2014)
The RBGW sensor is gone.
It's now using IMX230 .
So, it's definitely going to give them disadvantage against big players .
As sony uses it and sony smartphones don't have good camera like the others .
And more , I was expecting Kirin 940 ......
13. Ruturaj (Posts: 1385; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
AS vuyonc said sony uses imx220 and this one has imx230 which is sony's top of the line sensor. I was expecting kirin 940 too.
17. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Everybody (well, except HTC) uses Sony sensors. The only differences are in the software.
21. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 247; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
True. Samsung and Apple are two good examples on good software + Sony sensor = great looking pictures, while Sony + their own sensor = worse than competitors which is unacceptable. :)
22. Simona (unregistered)
the main is software how it processing the image best in s6 /edge
3. JetMK (Posts: 91; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)
Hmm, I believe this will be my first try at a Huawei phone. They have piqued my interest far too much to ignore at this point. And that is a great price point.
4. Bondurant (Posts: 431; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Front has a confusing mix of Honor 6 and Mate 7, while rear is mate 7. Its the 5.2inch version of Mate 7 that many were asking for. Doesn't meet the looks of Huawei P8, but for the price im sold.
5. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Looks like a mini Mate 7. For that specs, that price is just great. Looks like this will be my first Huawei phone.
8. Bondurant (Posts: 431; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
It does, but looking closely, the mate 7 front bezels are far more sleeker, but Honor 7 have similar size bezels to the Honor 6/plus (and P8 top and bottom).
9. dimas (Posts: 2206; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
So the 4gb ram for the 64gb is not true. Quite disappointed with that but the metal design and large battery is already good for $400. That battery should last long on reviews and huawei got my money.
10. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 247; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
GOD I hope they will use a good software implementation for the camera because the Huawei P8 took good daylight pictures but the video and low light performance were subpar. :/
But damn I'm kind of disappointed because of no OIS. :(
11. plasteek (Posts: 127; Member since: 07 Jun 2015)
Why i don't like the black strip around the screen ?
I want HONOR 7 right now !!!
12. Hatshipuh (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Specwise it sounds even better than the P8 at a lower price point, so what's the point of the P8?
15. rency0722 (Posts: 158; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
It's sad how Sony sold IMX230 sensor to Huawei first than their Xperia line. But still, here's hoping for Sony's flagship using the same sensor plus revamped camera app and software image processing.
16. may_czos (Posts: 752; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
I'm very disappointed. Very generic and bland design with wasted space in the bottom bezel. Combined with rubbish GPU no wonder this thing is so cheap.
20. Virage (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 May 2015)
Ill give it to huawei. The p8 series,honor 6, mate . All in less than a year. And all very good phones. Their Nexus version will be killer.
24. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 May 2012)
huawei is really peaking my interest from the other day, keep it up guys. These chinese phone manufaturers are getting better everyday
25. aislami (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2015)
i had a question does honor 7 have infrared