Likely Samsung Galaxy S5 model with Snapdragon 805 and a 5.2'' QHD (1440x2560) display revealed
High-powered Galaxy S5 candidate (SM-G906S) exposed Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
High-powered Galaxy S5 candidate (SM-G906S) exposed
1. aayupanday (Posts: 454; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Samsung denied the F Series but something incredible is definitely brewing within the company.
19. jeeta444 (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
another crap coming after the disappointing S5.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Why do you even care????
Are fearing that samsung will make something better than what your beloved company has???
85. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Name what phones has half the feature the S5 has.
93. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Hahahahaha yeah specially nokias. Connecting people.
99. GTR722 (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
"feautures" = gimmicks. Z2 kills the platic toy S5
21. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
This is going to be "The NEXT Big Thing" and Apple is going to be really pissed... Again...
88. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Because Samsung is dragging potential customers away from them. Samsung even managed to make more profit than them last year.
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3243; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I guess end of 2014 and in 2015 phone will be superior.
37. aayupanday (Posts: 454; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
UPDATE: Now we're talkin' !
Bring it on Samsung... A New range of Flagship series with drool-worthy specs.
Finally a Snapdragon 805 leaked device that too from a reputed brand.
51. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 483; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Shut up, with this "premium" Galaxy F iboys.
Last time I believed you guys, that aluminum, is premium and hard material, it ruined my life.
Bought may girlfriend aluminum ring and bracelet , and she dumped me.
I bought my best friend aluminum bike-helmet for his birthday, and he sue me now for attempting murder. And still ride with his plastic helmet.
89. SleepingOz (unregistered)
52. UglyFrank (Posts: 331; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I thought they denied a premium S5 but didn't deny a separate series
42. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 483; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Guess WHO let this "rumors" few days befor S5 release?? ROTFL
Must be "somebody" who is afraid TO DETH by the great S5.
"Somebody" who clearly understand that the organized "band-aid" attack, doesn't help much
3. MarkArigayo (Posts: 239; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Lags still occur even in the latest TouchWiz UI. QHD resolution just makes things worse.
7. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 378; Member since: 24 May 2011)
I guess you have already used it than. You wouldn't be a troll just saying stuff? Naah, I think it's the former.
14. fireblade (Posts: 629; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I've tried TouchWiz UI in Samsung's low end phone. Seriously it lags compared to other launchers in low end phones too. Even in my brother's Note II I still can notice micro stutter when sliding the home screen.
17. MarkArigayo (Posts: 239; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I had both GS3 and Note2. Force close for some apps and lags made me get rid of Galaxy series and their immature TouchWiz.
24. tech2 (Posts: 1762; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
GS3 and Note2 dont have the 'latest TouchWiz' as you claim to be.
26. ahomad (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 May 2012)
well, I have S4 and it does lag, I also have sony Z1 and it is way a head in terms of performance
32. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
You do realize the S4 uses S600 and z1 S800?
72. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
You really shouldn't speak. Stupidity comes out of your mouth.
82. jeeta444 (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
and still the "latest touchwiz" looks cartoonish......
34. cR203 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I had the note 1,2,and currently the 3. I also had the s3,s4 and the galaxy mega 6.3. The only one that I saw excess lag on was the mega and the s3 a little. I never had lag issues on my note devices. Even the note 1 was fast and it was running stock jelly bean with nature ux. It was also the Exynos unlocked model. People say touchwiz is laggy but I rarely experience lag on my galaxy devices.
41. ojdidit84 (Posts: 252; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I hated Samsung's TouchWiz overlay for the longest, ever since the GS1 and their Apple cloned app drawer. That and having the terrible Samsung Instinct kept me away from Samsung until now. Left HTC for the Note 3 this year even though I was wary of TW and waited about 3 weeks before I rooted it and added a custom rom/recovery/kernel so I could gauge whether I'd keep it or not. Sense on my DNA was smooth and TW on my Note before I rooted was just as smooth. Haven't had any micro-stuttering or lag on it and having an optimized rom made things even snappier.
I would hear my roommate complaining about his Note 2 just outright freezing and being non-responsive from time to time though and he was only a moderate user. I'm pretty sure that he chucked it across the room a few times before he got his Note 3... lol
Can't say that I experienced any lag on the GS4 either so I'd say that they're making great improvements in TW performance. You can't say that even the latest TW lags when you haven't used TW as a daily driver in 1.5 generations of the software.
45. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 483; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Touchwiz is THE BEST THING that happen to Android.
And its functionallity makes the iboys crazy and jealous.
That's why they bash it in every article pretending to be "samsung users".
48. MarkArigayo (Posts: 239; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
One more April joke. TouchWiz is the best thing for what? Enlighten us, please. Lol.
33. cncrim (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Touchwiz does lag..... unfortunate for me my phone has bootloader lock :-( otherwise I will have stock Android rom on it.
However stock need to add Do Not Disture feature ..... Once feature I use everyday.
59. latido (Posts: 33; Member since: 31 May 2012)
touchwiz UI a lot of lag.. my older S3 take more time only to open phone dialler.. flagship should not lags. bcoz they very very expensive.The other things samsung & other manufacturer just know to upgrade processor & screen but forgot to improve screen+battery technology more than 24 hours or 1 days with screen on..
73. geordie8t1 (Posts: 76; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
to be fair i had the s3 and had no issues with it, but that dialer lag u are refering to was a known bug, it is true it took a few milliseconds longer then usual to open, however if you opened your settings and developer options and altered the transitions all to off i noticed everything sped up considerably....
54. Taters (Posts: 2584; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Either way. A custom rom or a gpe edition woul smoke the crap out of whatever company you have chosen to support if the touch wiz doesn't do it first. You lose either way.
65. tedkord (Posts: 4270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The Note 3 is as lag free as any phone on the market.
74. geordie8t1 (Posts: 76; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
i made the switch from the s4 to note 3 rather then s5 as was not really impressed the upcoming phone, and i agree with you, it is crazy powerful with a ton of neat stuff underneath :-) was aprehensive about moving to such a big sized phone but after 24hrs of use i forgot completely about the size of the beast and its totally comfortable to use, 1 handed operation is fine, but no bigger please samsung :-)
86. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Never had any lag with touchwiz. I guess you are a sony loser?
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hope it comes with better design and higher quality plastic. It will give a leg up for android in H2.
47. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 483; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I see. All of you iboys, forget what tech means(and even tech design), and lately start to follow Tim Cook's "fashion- orientation". With passion.
By the way how do you know what quality plastic S5 use???
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung is obviously holding back on the QHD screen for the higher yield and the SD805/A420 to run it smoothly. In the meantime the S5 is absolutely blows off expectations, best screen, best performance, best battery life, best android camera, superb drop resistance, IP certification, top feature pack and great grip, it's just a complete phone, not sure if the wait is worth it.
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right, I was kinda disappointed at the announcement but I'm finding myself liking that phone more than expected.
31. jan25 (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Just how did you draw out these conclusions before the phone's reviews are out?
36. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Yep, it's absolutely lovely to see these kind of claims with many of what's so called 'supporters'.
40. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Whateva he said above has been proved....
Like screen was rated best by displaymate....s5 preformed well in drop test.....and did well in battery test too....
49. jan25 (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Only the screen has been tested by a noteworthy tech site. I haven't seen a credible battery life test yet and a drop test doesn't say much about the durability of a device. I've actually seen a versus video on youtube that claims the HTC's Sense is a bit smoother and lasts longer on battery than the S5.
53. UglyFrank (Posts: 331; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
A 10 foot drop shouldn't be survived by any phone but the S5 did
58. latido (Posts: 33; Member since: 31 May 2012)
hmm. wait until the real drop test by android central.. face down. if s5 survive like older S2, I will consider to buy it.
92. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Sorry, You are wrong. It seems that they all are literally has been proved in your eyes, but haven't in reality. We all know that we were disappointed on the announcement and sure, we knew that it is better than how we think it should be. But not all of his claims are proven in proper testing. Sure displaymate proved the screen was excellent and sure, it has a great grip and has the fastest SoC but, he claims 'best endurance', 'top feature pack' and 'best android camera' which is not proven.
94. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Oh yes, don't forget the other S5 vs HTC M8 vs iPhone 5 test. It definitely has the same strength as the likes of HTC M8 and iPhone 5S. Sure it's improved from the S4, but not as durable as it would survive a 15 foot freefall.
66. tedkord (Posts: 4270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Displaymate tested the display, said it was the best screen they'd ever tested. There is a drop test video on YouTube where the GS5 not only survives multiple drops of up to 10 feet but also being run over by two tires of an SUV with no damage. There was also a battery life test posted to tech sites in which the GS4 was in the top tier.