Let the rumor games begin: next iPhone to sport more than one LED flash, and with blue tint to boot
1. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
WOWOWOWW what amazing innovation.....
piece of crap
8. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
We'll see many ecstatic iFans, some will have seizure of excitement.
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
Many? I just see one mareep here only...
you need more mareep? Lol
50. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
LOL@you, Wendy Garett.
On a side note, wow...it looks like it was drawn on...a NAPKIN!
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Call me evil but PA, i can't help but think why wouldn't people bring up the biased issue up when even the rumor for the next iPhone has such a grand opening.
"Let the rumors begin..." that's really grand compared to things like "Samsung Galaxy SIV to have unbreakable glass..."
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I really think that this is indeed an innovation. Using the differential signals to calculate the correct white balance is commendable. You shouldn't bash everything because it's Apple, dude.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I agree...there's something worth taking into consideration. If i'm not wrong, the calculations has to be precise to get the timing right for a great photo. And taking note that iPhones have good photo taking capability, this should be a great plus.
52. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Not worth $199.99 on contract.
They best come with the kitchen sink next round, because this alone is meaningless for most people.
I see people daily (daily) using upgrades to snatch Galaxy S3's and Lumias. More so the former than the latter, all while tossing their old 4 and 4S units in a nearby recycle box.
37. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Most certainly is not. A blue tint on the next iPhone plus the purple tint on the current iPhone is going to be revolutionary because given the rainbow spectrum the possibilities are going to be infinite. It breaks down this way:
Blue + Purple = Indigo
Then, if they add a touch of pink on the following iteration they will have:
Blue + Purple + Pink = Violet
Add some yellow or cadmium and you got something never seen before and that's why it will be revolutionary. Oh, I can't wait..... and, by then, the screen size should be up to 4.201".
Yayyyyyy Apple -- take my money too!!
44. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
so apple is catching up with 2009/2010-era phones with adding another LED. It's revoflashionary!
This is likely a Sony innovation apple is wanting on its next device. Personally, I'd rather have Xenon (just looking at flash-lit samples from the Nokia 808PV and N8 make me flash-envious, although LED is faster for now)
49. monkeytown (Posts: 125; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
you will count it as innovation, as soon as samsung copied it
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
You wanna rumor Apple? Just take my money!!! :D
3. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ifans will be salvating and this achievement, the iPhone 5S will throughly be innovative. Sure no phones have ever had two led flashes before,never
5. Shubham412302 (Posts: 431; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
well nokia phones do have like c7 n9 etc
26. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
And almost every HTC phone for the last 3 years.
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Fellow dudes, those dual LEDs and this one's different... That's just normal flash, this one as some work behind it. The capability to adapt to the scene in the frame.
"The premise of the patent was also to get light with different intensity and different angles adjusted to the various scenes that appear in front of your lens..."
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13576; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple is all about innovation, not imitation.
24. LOTR12 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
I hope that was sarcasm. REALLY, really bad sarcasm.
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
He doesn't joke when it comes to Apple!
And yes, that is NOT a sarcasm! :D
29. Shubham412302 (Posts: 431; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
ok then tell what apple has invented in phones
what different tech has apple in mobile market
54. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You'll be waiting for a long, long time for an answer to that one.
If you forget that Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Ericcson, LG, Sony, RIM, and HTC ever existed, coupled with the plane of technology stolen from a parallel universe similar to the one seen on the television show "Fringe" where Apple IS actually the innovator, you would find that Apple was the first to market with EVERYTHING.
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Straight out of a sci-fi movie from YEARS ago...
the difference? the use in the movie was for autonomous robots eyes/sensing!
I guess since a dumb human is using it, and in just a camera it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE when it comes to Patent Innovation!