Lenovo to team up with Ashton Kutcher on a range of new phones
Lenovo Chief Marketing Officer David Roman said on Friday that Kutcher won't be designing the actual circuitry that goes into the phone, but the UX of the device will certainly have his fingerprints all over it. The actor is known to be a savvy tech investor with a lifelong love of technology. Besides playing Jobs, he also portrays internet billionaire Waldon Schmidt on television 's "Two and a Half Men".
Kutcher, who has been seen on Nikon camera ads, co-founded VC firm A Grade Investments, which was an early investor in Foursquare, Airbnb and Uber, among other companies.
The Kutcher designed phones will be launched later this year.
source: re/code via Engadget
1. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Looks like Kelso did okay for himself hahaha
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1483; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Can't wait to see the final product... Notification sound: BUUURN!!
6. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1746; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
That comment goes in my top 10 favorite comments sir.
8. papss (unregistered)
16. trickster_qc (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
and the sound alarm for when you misplaced your phone:
Duuude, where is your phone?
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this guy is gonna punk us all with his with ux designs..got punked?
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Wrong, he's going to secretly sabotage Lenovo on launch day by pulling out his iPhone 5S and Macbook. And, then, he'll ruin Lenovo just like he did "2 and a Half Men".
4. AfterShock (Posts: 2860; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't expect great things from this union.
Just another hole to throw cash down I bet.
5. bdclark (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
By that reasoning, HTC should bring in Vanilla Ice.
"If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it. Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it."
7. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Lenovo, he is just playing Steve Jobs, he isn't the real Steve Jobs!
10. Dthawk (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
oh let him play! He has to redeem himself somehow after that 'Jobs' fiasco.
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey, "don't hate"! That movie grossed over 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!
24. Scott93274 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Where they expecting it to gross as much as Social Network?
9. papss (unregistered)
This makes me feel good about the house that bought Moto..
14. Yubnub (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Nooo, I hate Ashton! give me back my Mila Kunis
15. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Well, then. Guess I will not be at all interested in a Lenovo phone. I've met Kutcher. He was a jerk.
17. trickster_qc (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Hopefully for Lenovo, he'll be more successful than Alicia Keys was with Blackberry.
or Robert Downey Jr with HTC...
18. GoBears (Posts: 374; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Hopefully he's a better designer than an actor.
20. varunrawal (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
bad idea!!!just coz he acted as steve jobs doesn't make him steve jobs….lol….next year news update lenovo mobile division up for grabs!!
22. DomChavez (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Yeah, these aren't iPhones and he isn't really Steve Jobs.
23. Scott93274 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Well, they have the money, let them throw it away on a publicity stunt. Who knows, he might actually design a good phone... Also "I can shoot chocolate milk from my nipples."
25. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
let's hold this phone in the future while watching two and a half men...haha