LG rumored to be working on new phablet similar to Sony Xperia Z Ultra
So far, there is no rumored introduction or launch date and a name for the device in presently unknown. The phablet market is getting crowded with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra already released, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 announced and soon to be launched, and rumored units coming from Nokia (Nokia Lumia 1520) as soon as next month, and HTC (HTC One Max).
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Im sorry i love big screens but 6.4 is toooooo big!!!!!
3. Kishin (Posts: 691; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Good as long as its designed like the G2 or new brick design
15. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I haven't seen d LG g2. but I but I love xperia z ultra. the design is wholesome
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
the z ultra is nice except for camera is bad very bad and call quality suck software is meh screen is great and writing with a regular pen is sweet and dust and water resistant is great but no removable battery sucks if lg made a phablet that improved these faults on the z ultra that would be something I would buy
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9667; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So it excels at everything but what it's supposed to do, which is to make calls.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9667; Member since: 14 May 2012)
6.4" is NOT pocketable. It's not even a phablet anymore, it's a damn tablet.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If you can't pocket a nexus 7 your jeans are too skinny.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9667; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because I'd want to hold a tablet to my face and have people think I'm talking with a book.
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I've seen worst. People taking pictures/videos with iPads. Not only is the damn thing huge but the camera sucks. I see more people doing this than what your talking about.
22. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Excuse me? The camera on iPad sucks? Every tablet has a camera that sucks balls. The only tablet that has a great camera is an iPad. What are you smoking?
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9667; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Excuse me? Are you forgetting the Nexus 7? What are you smoking?
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I just got the LG G2 like 5 hours ago. Coming from a Note 2 but decided to go smaller since I have a Note 10.1 and man there is a difference. Like going from a S4 down to a iphone 5. No way I want over 6 inches as a daily driver.
10. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Do you have half a brain cell? If you keep the same display size and resolution, the ppi is the same. Don't know why I bother with this site anymore.
11. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I reckon this is a 2560x1700p display we're talking about here @ 6.44 inches and not the 1920x1080p which PA got from their anonymous tipster/source.
16. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
yeah u seems right a 1920*1080 can't produce a 418 ppi rather it produce a 342 ppi but 2560*1080 will produce 432ppi. which is close to 418ppi and reasonable
14. sharks (Posts: 185; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Competition in the phablet segment is good. Now, we'll have actually some serious alternatives to the Note 3.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 1833; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yeah but it's not going to beat the rumored resolution of the Sony Z2
18. datphoneguy (Posts: 144; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Wow, too many phablets....are people even buying these in notable quantities (outside of the Note)?
34. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Ironic really, how many people would be seen buying the handset in your avatar now? Not many I would suppose except for retro phone lovers. A collectors item maybe but for daily usage?....Nah!
31. qwerty_keypad (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
My samsung SII is now in the Mini League :)
27. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Do we really need phones to play table tennis with?
30. Trex95 (Posts: 597; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Please LG no ON SCREEN BUTTON just same design as LG optimus g pro.
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not sure that I understand the wording of the article. It will be the same size & resolution as the Z Ultra, but it will have a much higher pixel density? How is that possible?
33. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Welcome to phonearena. I've already mentioned this. These people don't think.