There won't be a Nexus 6 from LG, says a company exec
1. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm pretty excited for the Nexus 6. Hopefully it stays at around 5 inches and does not become a phablet...
12. Finalflash (Posts: 2040; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I would even want it to take a step down to between 4.0 and 4.7 inches. We have big super phones, need smaller super phones now. Also, I think Sony should make this one, they haven't even made one nexus device while others have made more than one.
24. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 122; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
4.7 inches is the sweet spot for me but if the OEMs can make a phone that can be use in 1 hand I would likely to buy that phone.
31. TheFirm (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
Where does one acquire these baby hand a that you possess? I'm 5'7 and can handle any phone size and can even handle the nexus 7 with one hand.....
33. vishalaestro (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
i really love the size of moto x .perfect for a smartphone without any sacrifices in screen size.
32. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yes, I love that idea. 4.7 inches would be great for one handed use, like the Moto X...
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I just hope it WILL BE A SONY NEXUS this time
30. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2336; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Sony has never done a Nexus.
HTC did the Nexus 1
Samsung did the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus
LG did the Nexus 4 & 5
And if you want to get technical, you could say the original Motorola Droid was a Nexus without the Nexus name. But officially Sony and Motorola have not done a Nexus phone.
5. boosook (Posts: 1188; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It will never happen. The main reason why they sold Motorola (and possibly the only reason) is that they didn't want to compete with their own partners, mainly with Samsung. So it's unlikely that they will choose Motorola for the next Nexus. What's more, Motorola's current firmware is already stock android with only some minor modifications and is updated almost as fast as Nexus phones, so a Moto Nexus would be useless.
This time they could choose HTC, since HTC is having a hard time and needs help. They did the same with LG and Asus.
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If LG is out, HTC comes first to mind. Samsung and Sony seem unlikely, and I can't really imagine Asus Nexus 6. One chance might be that it's completely Google and like Apple they have outsourced production somewhere.
6. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Nexus Octa LTE (or Nexus 5 Ultra) made by Foxconn, MT6595 LTE Mediatek Soc. 13 megapixel Sony IMX Sensor back cam, 5 megapixel AF front cam, 2gb ram, 16/32gb storage, Full HD IPS, Asahi Glass & Android 5.X.X. $299/$349
7. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
cannot edit so i replied to my own post: make that 3gb ram
8. tenho1982 (Posts: 65; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
The phone was made by Samsung, LG, HTC and still not many buying it. If it is produced by Foxconn then the name of Nexus phone will surely die.
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You mad bro?! Nexus phones were never meant for mainstream market and sales, and they've been selling quite well lately.
PRO TIP: Check the word nexus in dictionary.
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Mediatek!:-@ I'll kill ya for that, those POS shouldnt come near the royal pure blood of Nexus.
10. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 212; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I would love to see a 6.44 inch phablet with QHD, IPS screen...and IP 58! Wish LG, HTC, MOTOROLA, or Sony would build one...
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I get the feeling there will be no more Nexus devices. Hopefully Google I/O at the end of June will prove me wrong :)
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
HTC has made a Nexus device, Samsung has made two Nexus phones plus a tablet, LG has also made two Nexus phones. I think we might most probably see a Nexus device from Sony or Motorola/Lenovo this year since these are the only two major Android OEMs that haven't made a Nexus device yet.
17. vuyonc (Posts: 580; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Makes sense since they're working on cheaper waterproof phones
19. chocowii (Posts: 367; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
If Google would choose Sony to make the upcoming Nexus, and following the trend of LG, then Z3 would likely be the template for Sony Nexus?
16. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1222; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I wish for a Sony Nexus, but I think it's going to be HTC.
18. Barracuda (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Feb 2014)
that's what they said last time about the Nexus 5, they still made it...
27. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Can't go on without Nexus's.
There's many OEM that could make it, maybe LG needs a break.
Moto or Sony would be welcomed warmly.
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yup bro, nexus devices have a unique experience imo the best. Motorola Nexus would rock.
Hope they just put a bigger battery and I'm certainly in... Nexus 5's poor battery turned me off.