Korea Times: Samsung Galaxy S 4 to be announced at MWC2013
1. hateftotti (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 May 2011)
BYE BYE APPLE.
Samsung will show you what is innovation.
3. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
BYE BYE SAMSUNG.
You will just show what is so called a phone with super craziness and overcome screen size.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i gotta agree with you peter98 samsung thinks that the bigger a phone is the better it is............is not 4.8 inches already big enough? they need to start making premium phone designs first before they go ahead and make another galaxy s phone with MONSTER SPECS and features.......because those things only appeal to a certain crop in the field.....lolz
you gotta have BEAUTY AND POWER........nuff said
54. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
What if the galaxy s4 has a 5" screen but in the same body size as the gs3.. It could be done as Samsung can easily shrink the bezels on the s3 to allow a 5" screen... Happy with the size of my s3 and I hope they don't get any bigger in phone size... Motorola just showed that a 4.3" screen in a 4" size phone so it's totally possible to see a 5" screen on a device the size of the s3..If you have an s3 you will see what I mean as there is plenty of bezel that can be made smaller to add a larger screen.
17. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
5 inch is really at the line already. 4.7-4.8" is the sweet spot. so whats next 5.3 like the galaxy note 1
25. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I personally think they should keep the Galaxy S line small and go overboard for the big screen people with the Note line. 5 inches on the IV? That's kinda ridiculous.
49. AstronautJones (Posts: 303; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Just wait and see. The Note II has a larger screen than the og Note, but the size is the same. Bet it is the same with the Galaxy SII line. Bigger screen, less bezel, same size overall.
Remember these are just rumors, anyway.
59. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I think a 5 inch screen would be great as long as the phones footprint didnt increase.
61. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i bet that the samsung galaxy s4 will have a real edge to edge design
with kevlar or keramic
and it will be the same size as the s3 or even smaler! i bet!
1080p flexible screen and it will be thinner then the iphone 5!
exynos 5250 2 ghz
13mpx camer with samsung sensor
2 gb ram or 2,5
46. rf1975 (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
They said next big thing is already here. I do not understand why they going to replace innovative big thing within six month. May be they realized this isn't big enough.
56. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Ha ha .. LoL .. It makes me laugh buddy . Nice comment !! Poor Samsung !!
74. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Not only do I think the galaxy s 4 won't be released untill about a year after the s3 but I am sure that the final design and hardware choices have not been decided on. They should release the s line once a year and the galaxy nexus line in the middle of thos launches like how the winter and Sumer Olympics do it
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I would expect an announcement in 1Q2013 followed by shipping in 2Q2013. Apple will sh*t a brick over the GS IV, 'cause the GS IV will force apple to up its game yet again, instead of an incremental upgrade 5S, they will ave to produce the iP6.
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
whats the galaxy s4 gonna have that the note 2 wont have tho?
jus a question
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
IDK. Maybe the GS IV gets better GPU? Maybe better battery tech? And then there is always the Note III....
Technology marches on.
70. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Keep in mind that this could be a total lie to deter off iPhone 5 sales.
72. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I call shenanigans on it.
I expect it to be a dual core A15 Exynos5.. clocked around 1.5ghz or a lil more. Its not going to be another quad A9 exynos. Fat chance its a exynos5 quad either.
52. AstronautJones (Posts: 303; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Probably a faster processor and better camera. Some will like the smaller size. You do have a point though, maybe those specs are good enough? My Galaxy SIII already does everything I need.
6. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Much expected Exynos A15 , flexible screen , a better camera and finally a better DESIGN would drive everyone crazy ...
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I still dont get how flexible screen is so amazing. I dont even want to bend my phone.
19. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I dont want it to bend too ... But the screen won't break easily if it uses flexible screen ..
68. starandmountain (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
yeah, it's like a high skyscraper, they are not stif, but they move with the ground. far more innovatif than make it as stif as possible! :)
41. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's not to blend our phone...but the screen will never broke due to it's flexibly...and oled screen said to consume less power...and no need of gorilla screen will result in a thinner and lighter phone.......
It's said to have some external changes but will maintain the same rectangle with rounded corners shape....
62. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol its only for the stability..
and a flexible screen alows samsung to make a ultra thinn
71. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it allows samsung to change designs a bit like a curved glass display. Also, its more for drop/vibration resistance than anything. If its flexible and not rigid, its less likely to break on impact or if you bump into something with your phone.
8. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I imagine it will be a 5" 1080p Super AMOLED HD++ screen. 2GB of RAM and all of the other usual goodies.
10. jrandolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
maybe the next samsung galaxy s4 will not be in 5 inches screen . if that will happen, it is consider a phablet . but i'm excited what will samsung do with this new galaxy . :)
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want to say the same things...
I think Samsung is too responsive towards what Apple did...
Apple is Apple and samsung is Samsung...