Korea Times: Samsung Galaxy S 4 to be announced at MWC2013
1. hateftotti (Posts: 146; Member since: 03 May 2011)
BYE BYE APPLE.
Samsung will show you what is innovation.
3. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
BYE BYE SAMSUNG.
You will just show what is so called a phone with super craziness and overcome screen size.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i gotta agree with you peter98 samsung thinks that the bigger a phone is the better it is............is not 4.8 inches already big enough? they need to start making premium phone designs first before they go ahead and make another galaxy s phone with MONSTER SPECS and features.......because those things only appeal to a certain crop in the field.....lolz
you gotta have BEAUTY AND POWER........nuff said
54. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
What if the galaxy s4 has a 5" screen but in the same body size as the gs3.. It could be done as Samsung can easily shrink the bezels on the s3 to allow a 5" screen... Happy with the size of my s3 and I hope they don't get any bigger in phone size... Motorola just showed that a 4.3" screen in a 4" size phone so it's totally possible to see a 5" screen on a device the size of the s3..If you have an s3 you will see what I mean as there is plenty of bezel that can be made smaller to add a larger screen.
17. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
5 inch is really at the line already. 4.7-4.8" is the sweet spot. so whats next 5.3 like the galaxy note 1
25. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I personally think they should keep the Galaxy S line small and go overboard for the big screen people with the Note line. 5 inches on the IV? That's kinda ridiculous.
49. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Just wait and see. The Note II has a larger screen than the og Note, but the size is the same. Bet it is the same with the Galaxy SII line. Bigger screen, less bezel, same size overall.
Remember these are just rumors, anyway.
59. nicholassss (Posts: 358; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I think a 5 inch screen would be great as long as the phones footprint didnt increase.
61. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i bet that the samsung galaxy s4 will have a real edge to edge design
with kevlar or keramic
and it will be the same size as the s3 or even smaler! i bet!
1080p flexible screen and it will be thinner then the iphone 5!
exynos 5250 2 ghz
13mpx camer with samsung sensor
2 gb ram or 2,5
46. rf1975 (Posts: 250; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
They said next big thing is already here. I do not understand why they going to replace innovative big thing within six month. May be they realized this isn't big enough.
56. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Ha ha .. LoL .. It makes me laugh buddy . Nice comment !! Poor Samsung !!
74. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Not only do I think the galaxy s 4 won't be released untill about a year after the s3 but I am sure that the final design and hardware choices have not been decided on. They should release the s line once a year and the galaxy nexus line in the middle of thos launches like how the winter and Sumer Olympics do it
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I would expect an announcement in 1Q2013 followed by shipping in 2Q2013. Apple will sh*t a brick over the GS IV, 'cause the GS IV will force apple to up its game yet again, instead of an incremental upgrade 5S, they will ave to produce the iP6.
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
whats the galaxy s4 gonna have that the note 2 wont have tho?
jus a question
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
IDK. Maybe the GS IV gets better GPU? Maybe better battery tech? And then there is always the Note III....
Technology marches on.
70. E.N. (Posts: 2380; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Keep in mind that this could be a total lie to deter off iPhone 5 sales.
72. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I call shenanigans on it.
I expect it to be a dual core A15 Exynos5.. clocked around 1.5ghz or a lil more. Its not going to be another quad A9 exynos. Fat chance its a exynos5 quad either.
52. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Probably a faster processor and better camera. Some will like the smaller size. You do have a point though, maybe those specs are good enough? My Galaxy SIII already does everything I need.
6. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Much expected Exynos A15 , flexible screen , a better camera and finally a better DESIGN would drive everyone crazy ...
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1011; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I still dont get how flexible screen is so amazing. I dont even want to bend my phone.
19. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I dont want it to bend too ... But the screen won't break easily if it uses flexible screen ..
68. starandmountain (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
yeah, it's like a high skyscraper, they are not stif, but they move with the ground. far more innovatif than make it as stif as possible! :)
41. shuaibhere (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's not to blend our phone...but the screen will never broke due to it's flexibly...and oled screen said to consume less power...and no need of gorilla screen will result in a thinner and lighter phone.......
It's said to have some external changes but will maintain the same rectangle with rounded corners shape....
62. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol its only for the stability..
and a flexible screen alows samsung to make a ultra thinn
71. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it allows samsung to change designs a bit like a curved glass display. Also, its more for drop/vibration resistance than anything. If its flexible and not rigid, its less likely to break on impact or if you bump into something with your phone.
8. baldilocks (Posts: 552; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I imagine it will be a 5" 1080p Super AMOLED HD++ screen. 2GB of RAM and all of the other usual goodies.
10. jrandolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
maybe the next samsung galaxy s4 will not be in 5 inches screen . if that will happen, it is consider a phablet . but i'm excited what will samsung do with this new galaxy . :)
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want to say the same things...
I think Samsung is too responsive towards what Apple did...
Apple is Apple and samsung is Samsung...
15. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Did any single one of you NOT expect that a Galaxy S iv would be announced early next year?
24. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
It seems that this piece of news came as a surprise to a downvoter? LOL
Some thumbs down ppl must be phsychologically unstable...
18. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
am i the only one who thinks it is too early?
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I said this-that it will come out in march- two days ago :)
21. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1397; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Arrrrrrgh , just got my s3 a week ago ....
22. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And here's a rundown of expected specs, with a special note that it WON'T BE LARGER THAN S3:
- 4.8/5 inch screen
- RGB hd or full hd pen tile arrangement
- smaller or equally large footprint as the GS 3
- Exynos 5 chip
- 2500mah battery
- 13mp camera
- ceramic body
- hardware camera shutter
This phone will rule for the most of next year end I have no problem with Samsung releasing it asap, lol
27. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I hope they do a little more than that, that's almost as much of an incremental upgrade than the iPhone 5.
C'mon Samsung, don't be like Apple and release the same thing every year!
48. VJo003 (Posts: 339; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
LMAO.... That was the biggest joke of S3
63. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
u will see they have already noticed
s3 will get a kevlar or keramic design
23. Ahsan (Posts: 37; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Hahaha iPhone boys gone mad! Kids it just a rumour.
28. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I think it's too early because people didn't expect it. Take sony for example, everyone knows they release two flagships, one for every 6 months, and the second flagship is not just an incremental upgrade.
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
No it's not a rumour.
Galaxy S2 was announced in february and released in march..the same schedule was initially stated for the S3 but they postponed it for two months to avoid the too lengthy American release delay.
Now for the S4 Samsung just got back on track - march release worldwide, and may release for the U.S.
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
U are right......
I read the same thing in zdnet...
that samsung wants to maintain it's one year product schedule.....
33. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Brace yourselves, cause the next Galaxy or whatever the name is will look like iPhone 5 and will be used as a coffee tray as well with a 6" display and a korean massage girl as an extra :)
65. yousef8824 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
yes its already in the market its called the ipad nyahahahahahah
34. sabretigger (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Being an s2 owner i thought the gs3 was hardly innovative. Yes it was bigger, faster, nfc and wireless charging but nothing new. The only neat thing I liked was the picture in picture feature. The latest Motorola razrs impresses me most.
53. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
LOL.. bigger, faster, NFC, wireless charging, new OS.. updated design.. but nothing new.
If that's nothing new.. What IS???
57. Carlitos (Posts: 360; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
How about all the software improvements. Touchwiz looks better, much more fluid, and dozens of nifty little, but extremely helpful features. i.e. Swipe palm for screen shot, smart stay, call someone from contact or message just by putting phone in ear.
that pop up video thing, and more
37. shuaibhere (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I read in zdnet that s4 will sport oled displays i.e. flexible displays.......
It is said to have some external changes but will maintain the same rectangular shape with rounded corners....
39. shuaibhere (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And here is the link....
43. ryq24 (Posts: 557; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
let me guess, it will have longer screen, 7.5mm thick and A6 chip. just joking! samsung fan! just joking!
44. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I know it's just a rumor, but 5" screen? Didn't Dell already fail at a phone screen that large? Don't even talk to me about the Note, as that is for a very niche market.
Maybe it's just me, but I had the Galaxy SIII for a month. While it was a gorgeous display with beatifully saturated colors, it was a little large to operate with one hand. Granted, I do not have giant hands, but I think a majority of consumers do not either.
50. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2873; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The Galaxy Note has sold over 10 million. The Note 2, which is expected to release on all 4 major carriers in the U.S. is expected to sell over 20 million. Not many phones do those kind of numbers period. I hate to burst your bubble, but I would hardly call that niche.
45. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Lol thats how samsung always work, wait others to announce their phones and then copy them with a larger screen and more cores inside, but this time they have two phones to copy iphone 5 and the new nokia lumia 920 lol
55. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Get me my Jelly Bean update to S3 then focus on the new one.
58. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Jesus, Samsung is pulling what HTC did last year......
60. maxspecs (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
it dosen't take a genius to know that every year there will be a new s and a new note even about the same release dates every year i think even the nexus will be the same but samsung is a monster in terms of production and quick and perfect innovation
66. Iphone4 (unregistered)
I just bought my S3. My view at least wait for 1 year Samsung