Is the HTC One coming to Verizon on May 22nd?
HTC One, or at least Verizon's version of the device. Back in March, some leaked information from Walmart hinted that the HTC One would be launched as a replacement to the HTC DROID DNA. But the latter had been selling fairly well, giving Verizon no reason to pick up the HTC One. At least until now. Certainly some Verizon customers have been asking for the device and indications are that it is selling well for other carriers.
There is no guarantee that we will see the HTC One or anything remotely close to an HTC DROID DNA sequel coming out of Big Red's camp on the 22nd. But for Verizon customers who want to dream, might as well dream big.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Knowing verizon, they're probably going to announce the end of all subsidies, a raise in plan prices, and ending all grandfathered plans.
6. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Okay if they release the htc one on verizon thats cool and all but for the millionth time ive said it, the verizon variable of the htc one will not ever be considered a sequel to the htc dna simply because of the screen size. you do not go backwards in screen size and call it a sequel. But i will be excited if htc one comes to verizon.
2. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yes and it is going to be covered in verizon logos...-__-
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I really hope so and HTC needs to put their foot down. If there's a HUGE Verizon logo on the front and back, I'm going to be pissed. Do not make a near perfect design into an ugly one because you want to advertise your name everywhere.
If they do release the HTC One on Verizon, consider me sold(DO NOT PUT HUGE VERIZON LOGOS ON IT)
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I could care less about VZW logos. I put all of my phones in cases, so the VZW logo means sh*t to me. If VZW announces a One, the moment pre-orders open, I will place one for the One.
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Not everyone wants huge logos on their phones, nor do they want to put thick otterbox cases on their phones JUST to cover the carrier brands on them.
16. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I like the Reflex series on my iPod Touch. The Defender Series was an overkill.
13. Daftama (Posts: 562; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
We the ppl should have right over this...lower my bill ill out your logo on my car
4. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I would buy the day it was dropped. Only phone that if came out in the near future I would buy!
5. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'd love to see a Big Red One (ahh... so many different ways one could go with that little gem) but knowing Verizon they'd do their damnedest to force some carrier re-branding to the Droid DNA 2.
I'm thinking if it's not this then maybe it could also be them announcing the cheaper iPhone availability.
The Big Red One could be a real show stopper in a cherry red paint job.
7. dorianb (Posts: 347; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Isn't it time for a new DROID Incredible??? I'm just sayin
14. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I don't think the Incredible name means much anymore after they applied it to a midrange device last year.
18. evarod48 (Posts: 136; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
yikes I still have the OG incredible. need the ONE
8. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
The customers on USCC have been waiting for one, when will they get theirs?
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i could see HTC wanting word to get out about the One coming to Big Red before the S4 launch.
25. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I skipped out on VZW for the HTC One on my fiancee's AT&T plan, and wow, this is one amazing device. Since I am no longer a Verizon agent and my unlimited data is out the window, it made good financial sense to go on her plan. Not a fan of being back on AT&T, but I effin love the One!
12. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Make it a 5 inch screen with a snapdragon 800 instead of 600
15. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Th HTC One is a big phone due to its tall size. I placed my Moto Triumph next to it, and the Triumph looked small.
That phone is just too big; I think a 4.3" or 4.5" screen would be the limit for me.
17. rizevnarastek (Posts: 326; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
5,5 inch and software soft keys with bigger battery, sd card slot and snapdragon 800 ;) ...of wait, that's going to be the Butterfly 2 in the fall ;) would love me some all metal Note-a-like with the ultrapixel camera, boomsound, zoe and blinkfeed :D
19. bparkerson (unregistered)
Yes....and this time I hope HTC allows rapid charge feature!
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HTC's since last year have supported rapid charge...
21. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
it used to stand for High Tech Computer Corporation, but now just HTC Corporation
24. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hey, Taiwanese Crap!
I kid you, HTC. Now about that Jellybean update...
23. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
HTC is named after the owner. H.T. Chou
26. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Since you posted an article Verizon would were not be releasing the HTC One, followed by another that they were going to be getting the HTC One, then another stating they would get a revised DNA, followed by one that Verizon would not have any variant of the HTC One after all, and yet another that they are going to be releasing the HTC one...chances are 100% your right.
27. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
URGh. Well I'm game for a "droid dna 2" if it's a htc one full aluminum with the black and red accent colors as the original dna.