Here's your first look at the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
The model has a shutter button added which is an important touch for a camera-centric device. The phone is equipped with a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED screen with 540 x 960 resolution (qHD). A dual-core 1.6GHz processor does the heavy lifting and the 16MP rear-facing camera is equipped with a 10X optical zoom. Sammy's TouchWiz Nature UX runs on top of Android 4.2.2. The handset comes with 8GB of native storage that can be expanded with the use of the unit's 64GB capacity microSD slot.
The rendering makes the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom look like a handful. Any takers?
source: SamMobile via AndroidCentral
13. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i see it as more of a camera with built in phone capabilities :P
18. phljcnth (Posts: 264; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
What do you expect from a device with 10× optical zoom? Compact cameras are still relatively thick, what more adding phone functionality in it. If you don't like it then it's not for you. Nobody forces you to buy it.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very true, looks ugly.
Even the specs are downgraded.
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3437; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
EOS is way better....waiting for photo taken by eos.
30. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This is innovation, bro... A Galaxy S4 and duct taped together with Galaxy Camera, and it should be named Samsung Galaxy S4 Tumor.
45. Taters (Posts: 2925; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You can do that with duct tape? Where do I get some? I want to duct tape all my HTC, Sony, and Nokia products with something good because they currently suck compare to my Samsung products.
2. sid07desai (Posts: 255; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Won't be on par with Nokia Lumia EOS. And dual-core? They should have at least retained the quad-core of Galaxy Camera. And qHD? What's the point of viewing high quality 16mp shots on a 540x960 screen?
3. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Should be called the Galaxy S4 Mini Zoom (Since it has similar specs to the S4 Mini), or the Galaxy S4 Zoom Mini
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6420; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Really now ? add a big ol lense on the phone? it does look ugly it probably weighs a ton
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Holy Molly was not expecting that....don't think will quite be on par with eos but will outsell it....10x optical zoom is good but 16mp compared to 41mp is not amazing....
6. juandante (Posts: 300; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Why they call it S4 if there is nothing it got from the real S4 ?
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1794; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I don't normally like camera phones, but I have to say I like this... a lot less than I like Lumia EOS. That one at least looks good, and I think probably even has a better camera.
Samsung is definitely watering down the brand of the Galaxy label.
Take note of this HTC... don't water down the One branding.
9. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
And i thought they couldn't make the galaxy line uglier.
10. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I would not want to let anyone see me talking on this camera.
11. cripton805 (Posts: 920; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I highly doubt it will look like this if its only 3mp more even with the 10x zoom. It looks like they got a phone and strapped a camera to the back.
12. alltechinside (Posts: 239; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Oh......Stick with the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.... Don't make this.....
16. shadez10 (Posts: 402; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
this will be a flop like the Galaxy Camera... lol
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1056; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I think that with that high of "quality" of camera on a device, the minimal amount of storage should be 32Gb.
On a similar but different note, I think that the "standard" minimal amount of storage on any new high-end device should start becoming 32Gb. That or manufacturers should start including minimal of an 8Gb microSD with devices.
22. iguano (Posts: 101; Member since: 10 May 2012)
So, i what world this is better than the Nokia eos
23. wendygarett (unregistered)
Looks cool to me
29. MEeee (Posts: 232; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Soon others will follow. Just like phablets.
25. Taters (Posts: 2925; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks hilarious but perhaps the funniest thing about it is that it is probably still less chunky than the Lumia 920. Lol
26. iguano (Posts: 101; Member since: 10 May 2012)
And probably still worst camera than the 920 too!!! LOL
28. Taters (Posts: 2925; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Naw, the 920 camera couldn't even beat the iPhone 5 or GS3 camera in daylight. This will be at least compact point and shoot quality.
Noisy as hell with a poor lens but it still has a bigger sensor and a more intricate lens set up.
33. Altair (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
You don't know what you are talking about. 920&925&928 beats all those easily in camera front.
41. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I hope you're kidding I really hope so
44. Taters (Posts: 2925; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I know that you are not kidding, which I find extremely sad. Point and shoot camera takes better pictures than phones...you learn that when you are born, or even before depending on how much you think gets passed down from genetics.
This is basically a point and shoot camera with a sim card. It'll take better pictures....idiot. lol
46. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
always fun to make you look stupid
galaxy camera -a point and shoot was beaten by the nokia 808 -a phone
so you piont about point and shoots taking better pictures falls flat into the bs bin
32. Altair (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Laugh, such an ugly phone. Inagine yourself holding thid brick on your ear. Even crows will laugh for you!
Gogo Nokia Lumia EOS
36. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so where are the ones slating all nokia phones for been abit thicker then competitors, where are those who said people only want thin phones. all changing your tune suddenly as daddy samsung brings this half assed device out
seriously samsung arent even trying with this, there becoming complacent. they think they can just flood the market and people will buy it because its samsung. this was apple's mentality and samsung seem to be following.
honestly its just a galaxy camera with phone shoved on, no real effort or thought put in, no new ground been broken and nothing that stands out. HTC has ultrapixlel camera in its infancy yes but something different to set them apart. sony are bringing there A game too and nokia have proven time and time again there ahead in this area. if this cant compete with the 808 how do they believe it to compete with the EOS.
just admit it samsung are taking to mickey out of its fans with this, theres no effort in it
37. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Why do this? They should have just added phone capablility to the Galaxy Camera.
38. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
The Galaxy line is getting uglier.. hahaha..
39. selena1000 (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
whenever i see a galaxy i say it cant get any uglier and then samsung surprises me again
40. sergiobr (Posts: 416; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I´ll compare the photos and the video (60fps ????) with Nokia EOS and Sony Hanomi (??? never comes !) and ... after that I´ll decide which one.But I prefer the features of S4 rather than WP
49. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Compared to Nokia's design team, it seems to me that Samsung's design team only consist of one designer.. hahaha..
52. Sondae (Posts: 187; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I think i will hand the design and innovation on Nokia EOS when it comes to camera and how they shrink it and make it in a portable without making it look like a phone that a camera being glued together. Its looks bulky to carry around honestly. Its much better to buy a real portable camera and a phone separated not like this glued together.
53. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6420; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Samsung gives consumers options. Look at their Digital Galaxy camera not a phone but a touch screen Android powered camera.
54. Trex95 (Posts: 543; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Can S4 zoom zoom in video mode without noise (loosely zoom) like 808 PV?! don't think so