Here's exactly how much bigger the Samsung Galaxy Mega is compared to the Note II, S4 and other popular smartphones
So, the new devices are big. We know that they are very, very big... but exactly how big are they? We can never have a good understanding until we can see them side to side with some of the popular smartphones out there, so that's exactly what we're going to do right now. Below you can see the new Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 phones right next to the Note II, Galaxy S4, One, iPhone 5, Xperia Z and Lumia 920. And we have to tell you, folks, the moment we saw this comparison, that's when we realized how MASSIVE these guys are. Anyways, don't let us keep admiring their sheer size - tell us what you think about the Mega brothers! Has Samsung finally crossed the line? Could the Megas use some more screen?
151 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm
6.44 oz (182 g)
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
4.59 oz (130 g)
137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm
5.04 oz (143 g)
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
3.95 oz (112 g)
139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
5.15 oz (146 g)
130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
6.53 oz (185 g)
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha......look at the "tiny" iPhone 5!! xD
16. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Hahaha, so iPhone getting taller... Samsung, getting larger. Next time we'll see a TV that actually is a smartphone.
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
When we see a Samsung Galaxy TV (20") , iPhone 20 (20 cm) will be tall like a remote control! xD
101. omar300 (Posts: 157; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
too funny, you make them sound like lover. one cant function without other. lol
115. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha........they are "lovers", because they like to "fight" each other. xD
133. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hahaha that was really so funny, so every1 need to carry a case / bag for them.
34. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though you don't like the iPhone 5, you can't say it is fragile and weak. :)
111. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
But it is fragile and weak if you take into consideration the complaints of scratches out of the box, the aluminum shell that bends, the countless shattered screens, how it indirectly tries to kill you with bad navigation...all complaints from actual users.
113. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know, but "bad navigation" doesn't match the "fragile and weak" topic, and we buy smartphones because we love them, we use them, not smashing them, not pissing on them! :)
134. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
i'm pretty sure that a screen shatters if its dropped. i've seen just as many Droid Razrs shatter as iPhones. if its dropped, it can happen. if you are ruling that a manufacturer defect you sir...are an idiot.
39. sid07desai (Posts: 233; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I bet Mega's battery is bigger than iphone itslef
89. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 908; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yeah, but what's the point? I looked at the Mega, and it's basically close to being the size of a Nexus 7 tablet. Big screens are nice, but seriously...
131. porter_ (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Exactly, no idea why you would choose this over the Note 2 - This comparison says it all - versusio.com/en/samsung-galaxy-mega-5-8-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-2
93. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 293; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, the Galaxy Mega series is way too big. My Note II pushes my acceptance level for phone size to the limit.
117. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Oh cmon!...this definitely looks like the smaller version of nexus!
102. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
For your tiny hands maybe. I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
114. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, he's not replying to me, he's replying to quakan.
64. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Samsung, Smartphone have some limits......u crossing a limits....!!!
65. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uhh....sorry? I don't know what you mean. :)
Can you make it clearer, cuz you know my English......... =_=
73. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i mean smartphone have some size limits.
103. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Obviously not because they keep pushing them
72. mandkeee (Posts: 78; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
hahahaha.....look at the "stupid huge" mega....
course i dont like tiny and also i really hate real huge phone...
i think htc one is best size for cell phone...and doing anything with one hand.,...
MEGA is really foolish size....why korean people just keep trying to make bigger and bigger?
90. MEeee (Posts: 163; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Just wait til next year when HTC makes this size. I heard the same stuff when Samsung release 4.8" and now everybody making 5". Soon Apple too.
94. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Sales on phones don't lie. People like big phones, apple will follow suit on the 5s or the iphone 6 but only 1 step at a time while each year android takes 10 steps.
30. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
And I thought I had seen everything already............
32. noim1 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Ok now Sammy is just going over the Line & Crazy like the Chinese companies....How on earth is someone gonna use such a device as a cellphone ??? it should be a Tablet ..
I think the Cellphone Display should stay at 4 - 5.3 Inch ....This is the One hand useable size....
95. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 293; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'd sport a 5.5 inch display but any bigger would be too much screen for my comfort level.
58. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Getting Bigger Will be A Joke.......!!! just think about it when u talking with someone how your head and phone will looks like.....look LOL
.php?fbid=534875493235490&set= a.177389378984105.44633.120674 037988973&type=1&theater
61. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
62. noim1 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Its not like our Hands or Fingers are getting any bigger either !!!...
83. akki20892 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i don't want to live on this planet anymore. LOL
96. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
They just have the eyephone in Futurama.
4. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 321; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Galaxy note 2 doesn't look like a phablet anymore...LOL
104. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I know! It looks normal size in comparison haha!
7. emadshiny (Posts: 753; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you must have put a Galaxy note 8 as well.
54. RapidCat (Posts: 340; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Asus FonePad 7.0 then galaxy tab 7.7, ipad mini and note 8
9. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
the Mega "5.8" & 6.3" are huge for nothing; Note II has a better processor; the megas are dual core; Note II is Quad CORE and battery is 3100, so bigger sometimes is not better...I prefer the NOTE II
57. KingOmar (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Nop, The dual core on the galaxy's mega are exynos 5250 wich is dual A15 wich is more powerful
Where's the galaxy note 2 processor is based on A9 architecture
77. jove39 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Right...Exynos 5250 has 2xA15 cores and Mali-604@533mhz...its really fast for 720p screen!
98. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 908; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Well of course...because it's a tablet, not a phone!
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Look at the Mega 5.8' screen, next to the Note 2.
It could fit in the chassis, reducing the bezel to minimum.
In other words, the Note 3 :)
97. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
IMO the note 2 is the max size for being a usable cellphone, anything bigger should be a small tablet.