HTC preps 5.2" waterproof Butterfly 2 flagship, colored front panels pop up
15. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
But that thick bezle is annoying! HTC should learn trimming.
26. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Shut up! stop bitching about your thick bezel thing.
29. JC557 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There's nothing wrong with it as long as it's functional like having the BoomSound speakers, unlike other phones with thick bezels and no features to justify it.
I really would like to get an HTC One but hopefully this new Butterfly will have a Verizon variant... doubtful but I'm in no rush. I can always buy a used Droid DNA and keep my Spectrum 2 as a backup device.
2. newbey123 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Dang you HTC why do this to me. I was all set to the the One Max, now I might need to wait for this!
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Bezel, moar bezel.
Sorry HTC, I've left to the nexus.
Besides, like this would be sold anywhere other then select markets keeps it a pipe dream.
4. ryq24 (Posts: 568; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This phone is available in the philippines and its expensive. Not worth the money. But its a pretty good looking phone.
12. amats69 (Posts: 1212; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think youre referring to butterfly s....this isnt out yet in the market...try to read the article
6. hmd74 (Posts: 425; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Why don't they (samy,HTC,Sony) understand?
It's not about specifications!
It's about the price and features!
7. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Htc has been stepping it up in the design department recently, and here is no exception!
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
HTC needs to sort out the flagship confusion. In 18 months you saw Appsung only releasing 2 Flagships phones with a capital F referring to the yearly model, while HTC lined up the One X, One X+, HTC Butterfly which was called Droid DNA somewhere else for some reason (confusion), then the HTC One (confusion), then Butterfly S, then Butterfly 2. Can someone tell me between the Ones, Xs and +s which is supposed to be HTC's premier lineup, cause these names are giving be Butterflies and so they to ppl who rather go with something more clear.
10. ngo2dd (Posts: 886; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
This not for the US market. The DNA was a one time thing for Verizon. The butterfly is an Asian phone. The only confuse is you.
28. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Not really. You buy the latest HTC phone and the next best HTC phone is out 3 months later. Guess what, ppl. are confused and HTC is going down the drains.
31. ngo2dd (Posts: 886; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Like samsung? How many different S4 do they have? Just in korea they have one with a S800 and the octa-core. HTC only the HTC one and the butterfly S which has only been released in Asia.
34. StacksTM (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Are you one of those consumers that needs to be told "buy this one, it's our best"?
I don't understand that point of thinking. Why do you need an OEM to tell you "This is our Flagship, buy this phone above all else". Why can't the consumer make that decision?
I don't need a manufacturer to tell me what their best phone is for me to purchase. I make that decision. I want HTC to launch monster spec phone every quarter if need be simultaneously at that.
If I like it and it fits my needs, I'll cop it. Case closed.
9. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 162; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Dat design !
HTC is doing really a good job in design department it's just some more effort and 8 mp maybe ultra pixel camera and it will be excellent
18. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I'm designing mobiles and I draw a phone just like this i'm on a good way :D
14. amats69 (Posts: 1212; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So if the rumored s600 of HTC One max is true then ill wait for this device.. Waterproof with fantastic boomsound...wow!..but im just curious if they put also finger print scanner..lets just wait and see in this coming months...
16. amats69 (Posts: 1212; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And i wish they also offer a red/black color of this phone..same with my red htc one..i really love that color combination!
30. JC557 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I want an Ice Blue color but that seems to be a Best Buy exclusive. I wouldn't mind the red black combo seen on the Droid DNA though.
17. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
What bezel? It has a very narrow bezel...
22. KParks23 (Posts: 491; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I think there referring to the bottom 2 inch of wasted space!
32. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It's not wasted space. Speakers need somewhere to be put. People complained about the HTC logo replacing the third button. Now they've put a speaker in it's place. I was interested about this Butterfly 2 but seeing the bottom speaker being different that the one up to kinda leaves me cold. I like symmetry and the Butterfly S is better looking. If only it was available in matt black like the original Butterfly.
19. chandra7894 (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
No Ultrapixel madness please. Kindly give 12 MP camera so we can detialsl in photos
21. amats69 (Posts: 1212; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Ultrapixel is good..only the 4mp is not enough...if they put only 8mp then it will be a good one.
23. terencew0305 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
i love the design.. hope they able to combine htc one m7 design with this
25. zachattack (Posts: 604; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Does this matter? It won't come to the US so let's be honest here G2 for life!
33. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The two button are great. Simplistic. Still better than physical buttons anyways but on-screen are the best.