HTC Sense 4.1 helps international HTC One X score nearly 6000 on Quadrant
We bring this up because of a leaked version of Sense 4.1 for the international version of the HTC One X that made its way in ROM form to XDA Developers. Instead of trying to be too clever for its own good with Sense 4.0, HTC had worked on making things faster. This carried over to Sense 4.1 and the HTC One X with the leaked ROM scored close to 6000 on the Quadrant Benchmark test.
2.15.401.5, included some fixes including the removal of lags on Live Wallpaper, a dedicated button added in the camera app to switch between front and back camera (no more having to go into the menu), a dedicated button added to the browser to switch tabs (again, no more trips to the menu) and all 3-D effects were removed from the launcher to remove the lag. With the ROM comes Android 4.0.4.
Other changes include a new kernel described as being "blazing fast" which is obvious considering the improvement in the Quadrant score, the ability to remap the recent apps button switching between recent apps and Home as Menu, a fix of weak Wi-Fi signals, and most importantly, the ROM brings a longer battery life of 5+ hours of screen-on time compared to 3+ hours on Sense 4.0.
For a complete changelist and information on the ROM, click on the sourcelink. Just remember that this is for the Quad-core powered, Tegra 3 flavored, international version of the HTC One X only.
source: XDADeveloper, GEEKSABER via Phandroid
1. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:25 8 4
I thought sense 4.1 is match with android 4.1 because its 4.1 :(
Oh well, still cool :) I can't wait...
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:02 4 1
JB does not use 3D either
11. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:07 4 3
I know :) I still wanna get this update because of baterry life :)
34. anjkiii posted on 06 Aug 2012, 06:25 1 0
battery life improved or still same??
36. smartphonemad posted on 06 Aug 2012, 12:30 0 0
Im glad there'll be no more 3d... On my one s' pentile screen the 3d effects looked awful!
38. gwuhua1984 posted on 06 Aug 2012, 18:42 0 0
You definitely won't miss or notice the 3D effects, and the battery life difference is very very noticeable.
3. Hammerfest posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:29 5 1
Tegra 3, 4+1...
international only... lmao...
GO GO USA, keep those carrier restrictions as tight as possible! We dont need the same tech level as the rest of the world, dual-core's work just fine!
4. Hammerfest posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:30 6 0
thats sarcasm if anyone cant tell... I still have single cores that work just fine, hell even better with JB :D
6. Captain_Doug posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:50 2 0
Yeah, my Dinc2 is running fine with JB @ 1.4Ghz. Although I'll be moving up to the Sensation 4G soon and I can't imagine having 2 whole cores and twice the GPU power. As you can tell, definitely not an early adopter...
5. buggerrer posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:47 6 11
I hate Sense! its doesn't feel anyway near like ICS, and sure its will not be anything like JB !!
HTC is just screwing up!
make more simple and minimal skin.
15. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:13 7 6
You never appreciate the beauty of android (choice)...
20. Hammerfest posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:58 7 1
HTC's Sense and me have a LOVE/HATE relationship...
I LOVE the settings menu, notifications menu, icons, and much more of the skin, I just HATE the launcher/rosie...
ADW Launcher EX + Sense Icons and everything else Sense= inLove
9. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 22:58 3 11
Nice job? We can't even get playstation certified yet :(
12. SonyFTW2020 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:08 6 2
that would be sony my dear....and the Xperia S is PS certified.
13. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:10 4 6
But HTC promise us to receive PS soon during Sony E3 event, dont you remember?
14. SonyFTW2020 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:13 2 1
No actually I dont......lol that would be cool tho....HTC? Playstation certified?? wow
16. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:19 3 6
This might refresh your memory :)
17. SonyFTW2020 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:34 2 1
Sony and HTC as partners? Man o Man that's going to be REAL interesting.... Hope to see more of that..
18. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:41 2 1
companies are partners and competitors at the same time, that's nothing surprising. eg. SS and HTC surely are fierce competitors but HTC buy screens and components from SS and sells image chips to SS at the same time.
22. SonyFTW2020 posted on 06 Aug 2012, 00:04 1 1
Yea I know that man, Just like I know sony makes the iphones camera.....Nothing new right? But considering the fact that you will be able to have a playstation certified phone other than on a sony one... Is really quite interesting to say the least......
23. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 06 Aug 2012, 00:25 2 2
Sony is in danger of losing the mobile game war. Gaming on mobile phones and tablets are threatening Sony's portable game consoles. So Sony obviously realized that they must enter mobile phone and tablet game market and they cannot do it with Sony phones alone. for Sony HTC is obvious partner as SS and Apple do not need Sony's games to succeed.
28. SonyFTW2020 posted on 06 Aug 2012, 02:22 1 1
yea im pretty sure they are hurting in the portable game console area with the PS Vita out....LOL... Shut up dude...Sony just seen this as a great move and a way to expand what they have... To, yes gain money, but because they're hurting in the portable area?? get real....and is mobile gaming really that big to even say somthing like that?............ sigh
30. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 06 Aug 2012, 03:46 1 0
As things stand now there's little need for Sony to do that. But you have to think a little bit ahead of time. The power of phones and tablets is growing fast and it will exceed even TV game console soon. And people will spend more time playing games on their phones and tablets.
If you doubt what Sony's strategy is you should look at One Sony strategy where everything will revolves around the phone including games.
37. SonyFTW2020 posted on 06 Aug 2012, 18:27 0 0
I guess man but i just dont see phones outdoing the PS vita any time soon.......peace
33. darkskoliro posted on 06 Aug 2012, 04:50 2 0
htc one x screens are manufactured by sony
24. cepcamba posted on 06 Aug 2012, 00:36 0 1
You don't need to get PS certified to play PS games. Try PSX4Droid and turn your android phone into a PS machine.
19. Bluesky02 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:58 4 1
That's unexpected from HTC, it looks like they are doing some real good out there
21. preet27in posted on 06 Aug 2012, 00:02 4 1
oh wow man well done. waiting anxiously for jb 4.1 for my htc one x..........its gna b on fireee
29. Berzerk000 posted on 06 Aug 2012, 02:36 3 1
I've always loved Sense, ever since I first saw the original Evo, I'm glad to see HTC is making more improvements to it (:
31. bayhuy posted on 06 Aug 2012, 04:24 3 1
Тhis solves the problem which phone to buy...good bye Sensation - Hello, HTC One X...