HTC Rezound for Verizon is out - the best smartphone the company has ever made
46. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i wish it looked like the vivid… that phone looks so much nicer...
3. AdamW33 (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)
Im willing to wait a few months for ICS in order to get the best specs...
5. AdamW33 (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)
Also Im willing to forgive the small battery 1) because there is an extended battery 2) its removable so I can buy a second one and have it charging at home
31. bokajay (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
how big will it be then with an extended battery and cover. 17mm?
7. tuminatr (Posts: 734; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
now this is the droid I have been looking for!!
8. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
holy mother of god are you kidding me? once htc launches ics on capable devices, everything else will eat dust.. effin galaxy nexus and razr will be blown out of water.. lets go htc..
9. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Can't decide now from Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and now HTC Rezound
36. bruintech42 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
haha same, i believe most Verizon customers are having this same problem that are looking into buying a new phone. Although I am sorta leaning towards the Galaxy Nexus, as it is stock Android ics
40. Skidro13 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
motorola is weak and the stats on the nexus are sub par to this.
61. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 404; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What? No SD card slot.....no Samsung Galaxy Nexus for me. What? Another Motorola phone with a locked boot loader.....no Motorola Droid Razor for me.....What? HTC Rezound will have a unlocked boot loader and a SD card slot....HTC Rezound is for me.
54. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"Only" qHD screen takes the Razr out of the running. I know Moto has many vehement defenders here, but HD SAMOLED and HD S-LCD will be the two best displays out there. No contest for me.
10. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
20. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Islaves will consciously ignore that dpi statement because apple have taught them only iphone has best dpi
23. bucky (Posts: 2221; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Nobody cared about dpi until the iphone came out... I still don't. I don't understand what the big deal is about 720p on a 4.3 inch screen is. All it does for android is make things smaller like on my old atrix.
55. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Actually, I'm a 14month iPhone 4 owner, and that pixel density on a 4.3" screen is pretty amazing!! I'm excited to see this screen in person!
56. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Kudos to you for keeping your options open!
I do see the Rezound as a more "mainstream" offering, combining the screen quality, camera quality (hopefully, pending reviews) and audio focus people enjoy about the iPhone, but in a grown up Android screen size. It's not a power-user phone, more a multimedia powerhouse.
57. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Thanks for the Kudos!
I agree with you except I think your "not a power-user phone" comment needs clarification. For example, what will the Galaxy Nexus offer over the Rezound? A more vibrant/saturated display with less pixel density? NFC? Exynos?
Maybe you were referring to the smallish sounding 1650mAH battery included. If so, I'll agree with that. With LTE, a large screen with high pixel density, and HTC's history of battery life, I'm expecting to have to charge this guy quite often.
58. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Really the processor and highly optimized Sense interface more than anything. If you listen to remix and Thu--er, Kurogiii the S3 makes this phone a knuckle-dragging battery-sucking lag beast. I view the Nexus as more of a power-user phone where the emphasis is on the software experience, not music, video and photos. Of course its screen is going to be gorgeous too and it may well have great camera quality.
Some people here are so caught up in benchmark envy they'll have you believe anything less than an Exynos is a piece of crap. That's what I mean by power user.
12. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
LG LTE has a 4.5" RGB IPS LCD....
but good for HTC
13. trin (Posts: 88; Member since: 11 May 2010)
I don't normally use this term to describe electronics but this is one sexy phone.
14. Trainer (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Correction.. The Galaxy Nexus does 1080p at 60fps.
I don't have the link, but there was a popular video on Google+ posted by a professional photographer showing how great the video on the new Nexus is. The video was time lapse shot at a beach.
16. Trainer (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Here ya go. Great vid!
60. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Gotta admit...awesome video!!
I just want to see a more realistic vid from this phone. Normal peeps operating this phone as a video camera aren't going to be using a professional dolly/tripod system......they're going to be walking around and whip out their phone when the moment strikes them.
15. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Impressive indeed..but i will wait it out from now on. HTC said this about the Thunderbolt and we all know tbe rest of the story..believe me..I do like HTC phones..but to date they just have not produced to my liking on VW with the Incredible 1 and 2 or the Thunderbolt..i will let the users decide the title of this article vice HTC...specs are nice..beats sound good..but will it perform...i.e. stay connected to the network...decent battery life..no reboots.....
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
720p screen on a 4.3inch is IMPRESSIVE but i need my super amoled screen,features look awesome but phone looks a bit thick for my liking.
22. Snapdude (Posts: 128; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
please just get rid of the damn S3 cpu.... OMAP4 on this thing would kick all kinds of ass now and well into next year
24. DatabaseMX (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 May 2009)
Ho Humm. Another boring phone that looks like every other smart phone and yet another phone with NO Keyboard! When the touch screen fails, how you gonna dial 911 ? OOPS! And another pressing question: Does the camera function have a dedicated camera key ?
59. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Are you 80 yrs old and stuck in your ways? So negative!
Not many people care about a physical keyboard. I would say you are in the minority on this one. Many graduate just fine from physical to touch keyboard.
I've had a touchscreen for 14 mos, no failed touchscreen yet. If I had too, just hold the home button and say, "Dial 911"
Doesn't look like they have a dedicated camera key, but with Sense you should be able to access the camera quickly from the lockscreen. They really should take Apple's idea of making the up-volume button a shutter key.
Gosh, go take a happy pill!
25. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
A litlle bit to thick...for me, not a problem..but nowadays when phone has more than a 10 mm is a deal breaker.
I'm wondering the camera module. Is it going to be the first HTC phone with really good camera? It's high time...but I doubt.
And dear nexus is again behind with his screen and rest of the specs.
42. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
The Nexus actually exceeds this phone in terms of pure hardware specs with its better CPU and better GPU. The screen is debatable as some don't like how SAMOLED looks but IPS panels are near the end of their game, SAMOLED is the way of the future since it doesn't require a separate backlight and has the potential to bring much better all around quality for screens.
26. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It has one stand-out-point which could be a really deal breaker.
Comparing it to galaxy S II it look great and probably has good build quality.
And the camera of course...we shall see.
27. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 411; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i have the thunderbolt now... i might wait a few months for this phone to drop to like 99.99 and then pick it up.
28. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Android is going Dual Core crazy and Quad Core is already in the pipeline ready to let loose come 2012. I like variety, check it out two 720p phones with DC chipsets and both LTE compatible go figure. Verizon has quite a bit of differentiation in their line up, all power but different offerings for those who like to pick and choose, hope these phones all get decent pick up and we will always have a lot of great phones to choose from.
29. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Beats and Screen are the only thing I like about this phone. The thickness of it is a negative and I'm worried about the bat life...
30. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I have found the cpu/gpus in htc phones to be garbage for gaming. That's why I went with the Photon and put it up against my wifes Evo 3d. I found her 3d to he laggy and just slow playing games and emus. Sorry HTC I love your Sense ui but until you put a powerhouse gpu in your phones, I will have to get other brand phone. Remeber, clck speed means nothing if the gpu is to weak to play medicore games, and not Angry birds. Lol
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you've seen first hand what people fail to realize when comparing SoCs. navigating the platform is only one small slice of the equation,
32. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Beats is just a marketing gimmick.Could install DSP manager for free. HTC paid way to much for the brand, they should have used all those millions to update their phones android OS to the latest.
33. ajoshi06 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
fancy fancy!!! but really nothing without gorilla glass!!! moto rocks!!!
43. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Gorilla glass is just a brand name. You don't need it to have a great strong glass screen. Just look at the Nexus, their glass is even better than the Gorilla glass (they have a joint venture with Corning Glass, the makers of Gorilla glass).
50. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so....they use gorilla glass anyway:]
nobody said it's indestructible..but it's the best way to use as a screen. That's a fact.
Maybe dragontail will be better...maybe.
34. Snakingmysolid (Posts: 10; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
This looks like a very promising phone. I'm just wondering how Beats Audio will sound... I like metal and such and I'm worried it will be tailored for other genres of music. Does anyone have any experience with Beats Audio?
44. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
IMO it's overrated. But in the end, it's a very subjective thing. Maybe listen to a demo in the store (if possible).
35. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 468; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Code name , Verizon take over is hear,
38. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Cause it have BASS BEATS tech built in it which makes the best phone HTC made yet
41. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Lol please be joking, Beats audio is not a great product as music vidoes make them seem. Why does apple sell millions of iphones? Great marketing. I always see in videos with BASS where the dj is using Beats headphones but find in reviews there crap and only output way to much bass. Must be good for young kids who know nothing of great talent in music and sound.
45. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Unfortunately, all the current phones have crap DACs. I'm tempted to stick with the first Galaxy S or the Droid Charge for its Wolfson DAC.
47. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
This phone has good specs but will wait for the PA review of it as well as the review of the nexus whenever it decides to be released.
48. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Now lets hope HTC fixed their battery drainage issues with LTE phones. No matter how good the phone is, a 4 hour battery is a deal breaker for me.
49. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
1620 mAh....Is Htc kidding,you cannot completely use all the feature,sure your gonna have insufficient battery..
51. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
enough is never enough. More this more that. This is better, that is better. There's never enough to satisfy the android user.
52. risee2 (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Exactly this phone may have nice features, beats audio, and a lot of memory but the battery life on HTC phones is terrible. You'll have to carry a charger everywhere you go with this new phone. That is what they need to fix.
53. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Beats is garbage. unfortunately for the consumer, they cant look past basic marketing.
Tell me it has a real DAC and not just a contrived brand name from Monster backed by a washed up 90s rapper and ill get excited.