HTC One not yet announced, but it's already been cloned in China
The GooPhone One is an almost exact copy of the HTC One, at least of those alleged leaks with a dual front speakers.
Of course, the GooPhone creation will be much cheaper and possibly running on MediaTek’s new quad-core MT6589 processor. The GooPhone One is likely to run on the Lewa OS skin on top of Android and the device will support dual-SIM connectivity.
The screen is expected at the same 4.7 inches but we doubt it’d be 1080p. The GooPhone One is quite real and shows just how quick Chinese phone makers have gotten. And while previously we’d easily write off white box manufacturers phones as junk in most cases, given a quite capable cheap processor like the MT6589 those devices do start to look justified, don’t you think?
HTC One has not yet been unannounced, but it's already been cloned in China Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Nexus 5 huge camera ring actually holds a magnet for add-on lenses
05 Dec 2013, 09:51
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
HTC One has not yet been unannounced, but it's already been cloned in China
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 1745; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I think I'll just wait for the Goo SIV or the Goo X.
5. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 625; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
china is 1 of most annoying country i ever notice
6. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
China is the country that assembles quasi every gadget you are interested in.
18. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
And their government does nothing about it. Other than annoy the competition..
10. sayedejaz (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)
and i think Hardest job in the world is Police sketch artist in China. :P
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 704; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I think it will be called the GooPhone i4!!
30. tashreef (Posts: 474; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
And one of my friend have been fooled by Showing China made Note 2 and he paid about INR 8k ... that's a sh**t price for a useless brick... how disgusting
2. hawk8509 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
It's not due to be announced until tomorrow 2-19-13
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Dunno why, but i just like these obvious rip-offs :>.
Still waitin' for GooPad!
4. BillyG (Posts: 303; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
htc one rip-off iP5, and GooPhone rip-off htc one... its a vicious circle...
9. INF1N1TY (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yeah, that does look more like the Z10, especially with those icons.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The Z10, the iPhone 4, 4s, 5? the Droid X, the HTC One all look like they are cousins.
The iPhones...somewhat. But the other 3 definitely.
26. Taters (Posts: 1760; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The back looks just like an Xperia ION if you look at the pics from the HTC staff party.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 784; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Looks gooooood, nice copy. "C"heck "H"is "I"dentical "N"ew "A"rtificialness CHINA.
15. jroc74 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Good ole KIRF products.....will they ever end?
19. darkskoliro (Posts: 742; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You know your phone has made it when China starts making clones even before its out!*
20. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Goophone makers strikes again!
When it's a Goophone, you'll know you're in for the best of the best fakes.....
21. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol and whats really sad is these clones quality every year get better and better
27. Taters (Posts: 1760; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They probably have some great stuff. Once Samsung or anyone else sells their 720p screen stock to make room for 1080p or full HD ones, goophone will buy it for cheap. So in a few years we will see some knock offs with 720p screens.
28. Taters (Posts: 1760; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Or they might have some workers stealing the ones that don't pass quality control and using the ones with only minor issues on their kirf products.
23. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lol,,, this phone will sue htc once the m7 has been released
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2700; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
China is all about SPEED SKILL & SCALE :)
25. Taters (Posts: 1760; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Lewa OS is probably better than sense. Lol