HTC One X to get Zoe and BlinkFeed in upcoming Sense 5.0 update
Developer LlabTooFeR tweeted that the HTC One X should get updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in the near future and features like the Zoe camera with 3-second previews. It’s not clear though whether this means the One X will get highlights reels in the gallery and all the fancy software features of the One will come to the device as well.
The Sense 5.0 is a simpler, cleaner version of HTC’s Android skin and it will be a welcome update on the HTC One X released in early 2012.
It will also bring the BlinkFeed homescreen aggregating a tile-organized view of all your social updates or news, whatever you configure.
source: @LlabTooFeR via mobiFlip
@xuanqil Zoe and Blinkfeed will be in HOX Sense 5— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) May 12, 2013
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1198; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm excited for this update on my one x!
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Trust me, when your One X gets updated, it will become even more awesome like the One.
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Brace yourselves , Samsung Fanboys are coming
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's okay, they won't attack me, I didn't say anything bad about Samsung right?
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
You don't need to bash them , they attack any other brand that is not Samsung for no obvious reason
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just ignore them and everything will be okay.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
At the moment you are the only one below this article who tries to make up the fire.
12. HouTexan (Posts: 280; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Lol you see more htc fanboys bashing on Samsung articles, than the other way around.
26. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you must be real blind your just refusing to accept thats not the case
they gang up so its harder to reply to 5 different people, whats your problem lol always denying the facts
35. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Wait till it gets ported to touchwiz and then they will be all over anything related to htc.
9. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im excited as well! at least my old HTC One X can taste the Blinkfeed and the awesome ZOE feature of my HTC ONE! :)
20. amiroo (Posts: 243; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
killer phone get killer update..
im quite amazing for this and best wish for htc plz continue this great job for one s ..
one x is most amazing phone that i see ..
31. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Another reason to love HTC
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Never really liked the Sense UI. Sense 5 reinforces my opinion.
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i prefer the ancient sense ui (sense 3) but sense 4 and 5 will be ok as long as they provide the flip clock
37. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Sense is bad. Not the worst android variant but its still bad.
38. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
If you think Sense is bad. Than you never used touchwiz.
11. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm for any version of Sense that is anywhere close to stock. Sense 3.6 is a bizarre frankenstein creation - Gingerbread with the bare essential ICS multitasking features. I wouldn't buy another HTC unless they've trimmed the fat off Sense dramatically.
13. ahhxd717 (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I agree, except I'd still go for an HTC phpne. Though I like Sense in general, I'm also for simplicity. Wish you could get rid of the BlinkFeed on the home screen just to get a more "stock" appearance.
40. kozza3 (Posts: 566; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
serious? just install a launcher
its really that easy...
43. mr.techdude (Posts: 416; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Sense 5 is the closest stock android exp you will ever get, my dad has the HTC one for the past 2 weeks havnt seen any lags so far and multitasking is a breeze ITS SOOOOO FRICKEN FAAASSSTT!!!! with 2GB of ram plus sense 5 coming to my one x equals awsome.
14. cliveprennison (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
So wtf did I go and buy a one for if I'm getting these features on my perfectly fine one x!!?? Gonna be a lot of pissed off ppl that bought a #htcOne that already had a one x, I should have just waited for this update instead of rushing out and buying a one thinking the features would be one exclusive
15. Klamba92 (Posts: 161; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Really they announce that the the HTC one X is getting updated and will have features from sense 5 and you complain? First people complain that their phones don't get updated and now they complain because older flagship device's are getting the latest updates that the new flagship gets?
22. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
What are you talking about ? it's exclusive for htc brand.
but sooner or later. it will be on an app anyway.
39. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
There already is an app that HTC copied. Flipboard.
27. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
When did HTC ever say Sense 5.0 was going to be exclusive to the One? I'm pretty damn sure they announced the One X, X+ and Butterfly/Droid DNA would be updated to 5.0. I'd be annoyed if the One exclusively got all these nifty new features while my 5 month old HTC is left in the dust. And if they get around to updating to 4.2, it wouldn't make much sense to make a Sense 5.0/Android 4.2 and a Sense 4+/Android 4.2 update. Talk about fragmentation. If every HTC device released in the last year gets the same update, everyone wins. And those who bought the One still have a great piece of hardware.
41. kozza3 (Posts: 566; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
bro, no one forced you to buy the phone. plus your ignoring boomsound and ultrapixels... :P
16. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
thank god i didn't choose HTC
19. sukhhifi (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 May 2013)
great for one x but plz also make it removable for some users who don,t like it or who don,t need it for specific time.
21. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Great news for the ONE x.. I miss my one x of it's black sexy look and feel..
23. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
WOW htc. atlast u r understanding ur CUSTOMERS. waiting eagerly. htc ROCKSSSS
24. Arpad (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Only thing I feer is the "part of a massive upcoming update".
I dont want to fill my limited HTC One X storage with more stuff. This is similar to what happened to Samsung S4 but luckily Samsung S4 can be expanded with more storage HTC One X cant.
Does anybody know how much space the whole Sense 5 takes up versus Sense 4?
25. darkskoliro (Posts: 830; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Not too much, around 4gb incl apps for my rooted version of sense 5
29. jove39 (Posts: 1194; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hope they count my att one x for this update!!!
30. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Thankfully my HOX is rooted, else I'd have to wait till their next flagship is announced...
33. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
great for the one X user , congraturaltion one x user
42. Scorpion (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Can make it a worthwhile buy, if the price goes down