Government steps in to ease fears of a phone call that purportedly kills people in Nigeria
1. superguy posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:26 7 0
Maybe it's the ghost of one of the exiled "generals" or "princesses" that needed help transferring funds to a different bank account.
4. quakan posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:46 6 0
Just western union them $6,000 and in no time they'll send you the $16 million dollars you're rich uncle who was a king left you in his will.
2. PHaS3 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:36 1 0
I live in Africa. The people here (no colours mentioned) believe that a hairy midget with a giant penis (the Tokoloshe) will rape them and bite off their toes in their sleep unless they prop their beds up on bricks...
There is a mass mindset of non-education and "moronism" here, and I fear that no amount of education will solve the issue.
3. lulz (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:42 4 1
Sounds like the same mindset that is widespread among the same sort of people in the US.
7. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:51 5 2
seems like some african people are stuck in the 1600's...(at that time most people in sweden believed in trolls, giants, and other strange things that doesn't exist. One thing most people believed in at that time also, that does exist though, and that is God).
9. PHaS3 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:57 0 4
In the 1600s here people didn't have bricks...
11. WM6.5Sucks posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:29 4 0
There have been bricks since the beginning of time
15. PHaS3 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:58 1 2
Not in Africa...
They used to make their "houses" out of cow crap, mud and sticks...
26. wow.... (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 12:00 1 0
formed into bricks....
52. matistight posted on 18 Sep 2011, 12:42 0 0
talk about s**tting bricks
27. superguy posted on 16 Sep 2011, 12:08 1 1
I call bulls**t on that. :D
42. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 19:05 1 0
What??? They had sticks back then? When I was a kid, we had to make houses out of crap, mud, and dinosaur bones...
33. winston (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 13:53 2 4
Really? god huh? I can prove the existance of trolls, giants and such just as much as you can prove the existance of a god. Which of the thousands of gods are you speaking about? How about the belief in a rabbit that lays eggs and lures children with candy? I bet you buy that too huh? WAKE UP and start thinking.
48. PeterIfromsweden posted on 17 Sep 2011, 04:17 1 1
Of copurse God does exist. your post just shows how ignorant you are, comparing God to giants and trolls.
49. AKm007 posted on 17 Sep 2011, 05:17 0 0
lol....god is a touchy topic. People have a right to choose what to believe in. Don't force your beliefs upon others Peter. And the fact that there is a discussion about god on a tech site is so funny.
51. dreek (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 21:12 0 0
god is the same s**t stupid people still believe in come on...!!! and wake up and smell the bulls@#t
53. matistight posted on 18 Sep 2011, 12:45 0 0
seeing is believing. have you seen God???? or Jesus??????
55. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 18:50 0 0
matistight... just sort of curious, but have you ever seen a proton, or a neutron, or an electron? Have you ever seen a quark? Better yet, have you ever seen a neutrino? Do you believe that they exist, as you would be told they do if you visitedhttp://pdg.lbl.gov? Just curious...
12. Rich (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:30 2 0
OMG hes right... i looked it up on google... LOL!!!!
28. bolaG posted on 16 Sep 2011, 12:39 3 0
No wonder google wants to spread internet access to Africa. They are in dire need of education and information.
On a side note though; putting bricks so your bed is liffted from the floor is a good idea. In Brazils' rural areas and some poor city areas people do this to deminish the probability of having bugs crawl in your bed while your sleeping. I take it that in Africa they might do the brick thing for similar resonse other than just the Tokoloshe lol
38. Azure01 posted on 16 Sep 2011, 17:04 0 0
You sound very stupid. They have internet in nearly every part of the world including Africa. I laugh at people like you who assume Africa is full of idiots when Africa is the birth place of mathematics.
39. bolaG posted on 16 Sep 2011, 18:00 0 0
Key word "SPREAD". I know its available in the African continent i.e. South Africa, Angola, Eygpt, Ghana, etc. I guess I should have been more clear. I just thought once I said "spread" it implied its already available in the African continent.
Also I never said Africa is full of idiots. Its just a fact that education is difficult to atain in under developed countries; I'm from one so I should know.
30. corporateJP posted on 16 Sep 2011, 13:14 1 1
You have to remember, this is the place where "Voodoo" started.
Everything is cursed.
31. bolaG posted on 16 Sep 2011, 13:27 0 0
I thought voodoo started in Haiti?? I could be wrong...
46. Reg_R (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 22:46 0 0
You are wrong everything started in Africa.
41. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 19:00 0 0
... will cinder-blocks work, you know, instead of bricks?
5. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:50 3 0
Damn this is crazy, I hope I never get a call or a text from that number. I want to live! Also I once saw an old video tape of crazy disturbing images flashing back & forth. Then I got a weird call saying the number 7. Then 7 days later a creepy little black haired girl came out of my TV & I hit her in the face with my baseball bat & took her out.
So I guess the moral of my story is don't answer calls from numbers you don't know & don't watch old video tapes with disturbing images. lol
I can't wait for Halloween. lol
8. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:52 1 0
"Also I once saw an old video tape of crazy disturbing images flashing back & forth. Then I got a weird call saying the number 7. Then 7 days later a creepy little black haired girl came out of my TV & I hit her in the face with my baseball bat & took her out."
Is that true seperandroidevo ???
Be honest now, there wasn't a girl creeping out of your tv ?
10. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:14 2 0
Peter I can't lie, I was making a reference to the movie The Ring. If you like creepy movies check it out. That didn't happen to me. lol I was going to embellish it & give some gory details to you so you would freak out, but I chose not to. Anyone else & I would have had some fun with them. lol
13. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:41 1 1
I don't watch movies at all, so i don't like creepy movies : )
Well, it's good that you can't lie anyway : )
43. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 19:14 0 0
Peter, if you ever do decide, for once in your life, to watch a movie, then you must watch "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"... you will not be disappointed. And then, if you are brave, you must watch "UHF"... you will laugh so hard that you will belch, fart, and your eyeballs will pop out of your face... all at the same time.
57. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:57 0 0
... my favorite part of "UHF" is when "Raul" (Trinidad Silva) shakes the ant farm... makes me laugh so hard that I end up snorting aloud, very embarrassing. Old men do that sometimes.
14. SF Steven (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 09:47 0 3
please, please, please tell me that you two (Peterlfromsweden and SuperAndroidEvo) are still in high school; if either of you are adults, it will make me sad.
17. snowgator posted on 16 Sep 2011, 10:05 2 0
Lighten up, Francis!!
(Yet another movie reference from an adult making Steven sad....)
20. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 10:18 2 0
18. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 10:17 2 0
SF Steven you are kidding right? So let me guess you don't have a sense of humor, you are sour like a Sour Patch Kid? Yes I am an adult, but obviously not an uptight adult or little girl like you huh? I was trying to make this fun but I guess Mr. Sour Patch Kid SF Steven didn't like it.
It's ok. Don't cry, dry your eye! lol
Buddy grow a pair! :-)
29. snowgator posted on 16 Sep 2011, 12:43 2 0
And just to let you know SuperEvo- I like Peter a ton two (have learned a lot from ya, Peter!!), but had you chosen to mess with him, I would have sooo backed you up!! (No offense, Pete. But we are only human. And Ugly Americans...)
34. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 14:26 1 0
Me too snowgator I am totally with you on that one! lol I was thinking about it long & hard but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to Peter. I was this close! Now that I know you would have backed me up, it would have been funny for a while! lol I have to say the only real honest person here in PhoneArena.com is Peter. He loves Bada to no end & I am kinda (secretly) rooting for the underdog. lol
35. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 14:35 1 0
What talk is this about messing ?
And please explain what you mean with "I am kinda (secretly) rooting for the underdog. lol" (i'm swedish you know, english is not my first language).
36. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 16 Sep 2011, 15:07 1 0
I mean I want Bada to succeed. I would love for Bada to be mainstream. That is what I mean. snowgator & I were just messing with you. We were going to pull your leg a little that's all. lol
37. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 15:15 0 0
Ok, well that's nice.
Want me to send you a wave 3 to the US (if it doesn't come to the US) ? : P
19. PeterIfromsweden posted on 16 Sep 2011, 10:18 1 0
I don't know about SuperEvo but i'm not in High school.
16. snowgator posted on 16 Sep 2011, 10:03 2 0
I can't believe it took 5 comments to get to the Ring reference!! Come on, Phone Arena, we are slipping!!
SAMARA IS DISAPPOINTED!! IF SAMARA AIN'T HAPPY, NO ONE IS HAPPY!!
23. axed97 posted on 16 Sep 2011, 11:25 0 0
im still laughing at the statment there goverment issued
[Technically, it is not possible for such a thing to happen. It is therefore unimaginable that somebody will die while receiving a call. It is only very gullible people that will believe such a rumour.]
25. ryq (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 12:00 0 0
someone in nigeria may have watch the movie the cell and thought it was a documentary.
40. vvelez5 posted on 16 Sep 2011, 18:54 0 0
Africa now: mud huts
Rome around 2000 years ago: the Colosseum
are we learning anything?
44. Xasrai (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 20:24 0 0
Egypt 10,000 years ago: the pyramids.
Pyramids > colosseum.
Ever seen nairobi?
45. parkwaydr posted on 16 Sep 2011, 22:00 1 0
I heard that this was the plot to final destination 13.........
47. Reg_R (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 22:52 0 0
LIVE AFRICA,LIVE AFRICA,LIVE AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!
50. FeRnY FeRnZ (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 17:54 0 0
its Sprints service thats killing everyone
56. Jungleboy (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 09:07 0 0
It seem that someone watched "One missed call"