Google outgrows Microsoft to become the second-largest tech company in the world
Analysts are taking this as a clear indication of how the web is solving tasks previously reserved for the offline PC, and how the growth of mobile has been a key driver to Google’s success.
Google now has over $249 billion in market cap, while Microsoft fell to around $248.8 billion. The two companies will probably trade positions for a certain period of time, but given Google and Microsoft’s dynamics, it’s expected that in a couple of days Google will firmly establish itself on the second place.
Still, that’s the market capitalization, and this means it’s a hugely volatile measure and one that changes swiftly. Still, it’s definitely telling of investors’ sentiment towards the two company, and right now Google is winning it.
30. PhenomFaz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:21 5 0
More like rip into Apple and shred it to make Apple Pie (patent pending) :)
Congrats Google awesome job and MS get your act together and at least be second...I respect you too...well played for all those years!
32. iphone4me (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:30 0 28
Yeah, like they ripped off The iPhone Design. ;-((
10. NokiaLumia920 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:15 3 29
an engine that violate your privacy everyday
49. DechyX posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:50 11 1
unless you're building bombs or something else illegal... why do you care?
51. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 01 Oct 2012, 14:27 5 1
exactly. and you cant have all the great services without sharing your info and data.
with Google i can trust my data.
54. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Oct 2012, 15:56 2 1
Because I'm looking up "how to make chloroform napkins to strangle people with" every day. ;D
57. jroc74 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 18:36 1 1
What search engine....doesnt? I would like an example of one that doesnt.
If you worried about privacy so much....you wouldnt be online as we speak.
58. SleepingOz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:34 1 2
BING! BING doesn't! Oh wait..
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:18 16 2
congrats Google. keep up the innovation & Don`t be Evil, ever:)
22. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:49 2 3
its not a warning its just my way of appreciating what google has done for its consumers
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:45 18 3
Google is outstanding, the way they absorb acquisitions is admirable, all major buys work: Android, YouTube, ... Motorola will be the next big thing for Google and I'm sure Google will overtake Apple as the World's biggest company.
3. RapidCat posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:45 10 21
i think microsoft will be gone forever in the next 20 years
8. dickwyn posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:12 11 3
yeah and you are going to be using what on your PC
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:35 4 2
I think phones will replace PC, at home you just connect your phone to what ever peripherals you have and voila - a PC.
Android has a multi-user feature and phones already can do most things people do with their PC.
50. axllebeer posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:56 2 0
I personally am an Ubuntu user here and stay away from Microsoft and Apple products. One is too slow, and the other is too closed in my opinion.
55. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Oct 2012, 15:57 0 0
I love Windows 7 and Macs are pretty cool. I just use Windows 7 because of the software support. I want to dual-boot Ubuntu soon!
4. Danre posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:48 19 1
Google is best.
No wonder it become the second largest tech company.
I want to see Google in 1st position.
19. iphone4me (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:40 0 10
You got that right, "SECOND" to #1, NUMERO "UNO", "ICHIBAN" -----> APPLE! (^_~)
5. pokharkarsaga posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:58 8 2
Google outgrowed MS on being open source.i am very excited about Google's upcoming projects i.e Google glasses & Self driving car.
6. pongkie posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:02 6 0
problem with MS they holdback alot these days. too slow. like the surface, my interest is fast fading away due to long release date after introduction. until now prices are not available.
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:22 2 2
Ummm. Victor, the word you want to use is valuation. Evaluate means to rate something.
14. sudbury78 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 10:27 2 9
Will NEVER EVER EVER be number 1. We know who that belongs too. Keep looking up google at your master.
38. chaoticrazor posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:03 6 0
apple troll why comment , shouldnt you be carefully holding your phone so you dont scratch it, maybe apple will give you a bubble to protect it made of your sad delusion
24. bloodline posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:01 3 1
well done google, proud to be a fan.
Keep up the innovation
29. NokiaLumia920 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:21 4 2
with a crappy iOS 6 maps that make you get lost?
31. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:27 2 0
I have a strong feeling that Microsoft is trying to do something big...
33. dejastar posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:39 4 2
I still dont understand what makes android "low class". Is it because the operating system delivers more options to its customers?
34. NokiaLumia920 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:44 1 5
The openness kinda destroyed Android reputation..
Just get a low end Android phone without any quality control, checks and you'll know why.
35. dejastar posted on 01 Oct 2012, 11:50 6 0
Thanks for the info. I had no idea freedom was a bad thing.
37. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:01 1 5
Android is something nice for games and apps ... But openness maks lag .. Makes it bugge... I at last have to restart twice in a week galaxy note ...
41. SleepingOz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:12 3 2
"But openness maks lag .. Makes it bugge"
You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
And next time make sure you buy the real deal, not some cheap chinese rip-offs.
45. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:07 1 3
I dono may be but when I use torrent to download and use all share app to see movies in tv ... Thousands of temp files are created ... Where it bugs me to delete them and ... U can google that and many have that problem
46. zippolite28 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:10 1 4
I have changed 2 32gb memory cards in my note .... And its problem with many Samsung devices.... And now I no more want to buy one more .. U can try to google even that
42. dejastar posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:13 2 0
Lol I have to restart my device just to clear bad movie torrents. But at least I have the option to download bad movie torrents.
48. NokiaLumia920 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:48 1 3
Ignore them, fandroids defending their OS because its what they like.
They just cant take criticism, a clear example will be SleepingOz.
53. SleepingOz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 15:52 1 2
LMAO! You're definitely mad bro.. but oh, who cares?! Take a deep breath, hide your frustration and rejoice, Google just outgrows MS! HELL YEAH! =D
Where's Nokia? faking video again?
56. chaoticrazor posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:07 1 0
seriously any need to keep bringing up the lumia video, they have proved the phone can deliver so get over it
you android fans dont like it when ifans go on about android been laggy which is no longer the case so you should let it go.
the fake vid has no relevance any more
59. SleepingOz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:43 1 1
I'm not saying that the Lumia camera is bad. It's certainly the best 8mp shooter atm but it ain't as good as it was promoted in those misleading ads. And Android being laggy is not comparable to Nokia misleading its customers.
Also I wouldn't come with that, but if you troll, I troll.
62. chaoticrazor posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:14 1 2
ok first where have i trolled?
i aint said nothing about android been laggy nowadays becuase it isnt, plus i like android its the best for customization, one of the reason i stuck to symbian was been able to customize my phone i.e. the simple install a theme and phone has a new look.
anyway the fake vid was down to nokia's marketing and they fixed that, sure shouldnt of happened in the first place but then again when are adverts ever completely true.
63. SleepingOz posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:38 1 1
"sure shouldnt of happened in the first place"
You said it all!
60. SleepingOz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:49 1 1
Perhaps, it would have been better comparing Android being laggy with WP being as restricted as iOS.
66. chaoticrazor posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:44 0 0
where am i saying your comparing android as laggy...seriously maybe you should just be happy with your OS of choice and stop slating others
43. Tsepz_GP posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:28 2 2
Google's shares have rocketed up in the last 2weeks, quite amazing.
In the next 2years im sure Google will over throw Apple, i dont see Apple's valuation staying that high, innovation has dried up in there, its just a matter of time before investors realise it. :)
44. maxican16 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 12:41 1 1
Definitely an achievement with apple's new release.
47. McLaren posted on 01 Oct 2012, 13:41 0 2
Money is not everything in this world.Wifi and internet are the ones.