Google Drive will offer up to 100GB of cloud storage, launching very soon
2. pongkie (Posts: 475; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i thought its 100gb free.. my jaw almost dropped... sigh.....
13. Penny (Posts: 902; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I wouldn't blame you for thinking that as a result of the title.
For yesterday's SkyDrive article, the title told us that -- and I'm paraphrasing -- "SkyDrive knocked down to 7GB," even though the 7GB is free and the paid options go up to 100GB.
For today's Google Drive article, the title tells us that "Google Drive will offer up to 100GB of cloud storage," even though only 5GB is free and it is the paid option that gets you 100GB.
Not knocking you for this Victor H., as I understand you did not write the SkyDrive article. Also not bashing Google at all, as I enjoy their services and believe it will be a good product. Just observing the lack of consistency regarding this topic, as the SkyDrive article just came out yesterday so it is still fresh in my mind.
3. chethan316 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
SkyDrive is a good alternative, it offers 25GB of free storage for existing users and also has a desktop app now.
4. rocko0011 (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
they dropped it to 7GB now........http://www.phonearena.com/news
5. pongkie (Posts: 475; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
if your a previous skydrive user you can retain 25gb, but new users are only 7gb
6. cyborg009 (Posts: 78; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
box for sony is good, 50gb lifetime free storage ..
7. chethan316 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
In reply to rocko0011
I'm an existing SkyDrive user. And Microsoft has decided to give the old users a choice to either retain their old allotment of storage (25GB) or decide to keep only 7GB. In other words, old users are given a choice, new users on the other hand, are not. I retained my 25GB FREE storage just a while ago :)
MS has a dedicated page for this:
8. VJo003 (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Am concerned about privacy... Not to say google is a vault.
But hey... It already has my mails, picasa, phone, map...
9. T12RYK (Posts: 96; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
I've been using Skydrive for years now and 25GB for free is as good as it gets, and now with the desktop app it the perfect solution for me, even the new 7GB for new customers is really good. But I am looking forward to see whats Google's version is like...
10. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
wow 100gbs of stoarage, good if you have wifi, bad if you have a data limit.
12. tward291 (Posts: 557; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
google should really change the name how about play storage