Golden LG G3 pictured, front and rear sides fully revealed
Published by GSM Arena, the images show the gold variant of the LG G3, of which we first heard back in April. The handset does resemble the LG Isai FL to some extent (in case you haven’t heard, the Isai FL was revealed earlier today as LG’s very first Quad HD smartphone).
Reportedly, the 13MP rear camera of the LG G3 should be one of its main selling points. In addition to featuring OIS+, 4K video recording and dual-tone LED flash, the camera supposedly has an infrared-based “laser beam” that will allow it to take better photos at night. This infrared sensor is probably what we can see on the left side of the camera.
Camera goodness aside, the LG G3 should come with a 5.5-inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) display, quad-core Snapdragon processor (either the 801, or the 805 model), 3GB or RAM, 32GB of expandable internal memory, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
LG will most likely announce the new G3 on May 27. We’re assuming that the company will want to start selling it shortly after that - although, of course, nothing’s confirmed at this point. Let us know if you like the LG G3 thus far (or if you’re more interested in the Galaxy S5 Prime and HTC One M8 Prime, which should be released later this year as two of LG G3’s direct competitors).
LG G3 in gold Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Xiaomi Mi 4: hands-on photos and official press renders
22 Jul 2014, 06:52
How to improve Android's performance
23 Jul 2014, 05:09
LG G3 in gold
source: GSM Arena
3. 36thDisciple (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)
Right. I can't believe they didn't think that pesky GSMArena logo wouldn't get in the way.
62. steedsofwar (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
If you look at the words 'not for sale', they don't seem to sit at the correct angle as the face of the phone at the bottom right corner.
Then notice from the front, the upper edge above the earpiece is almost flat yet when you look at the back, there is a significant rounded arc top edge.
Something doesn't add up. In any case, the G3 isn't making my G2 quake in it's boots just yet. And yes, I have the gold G2.
21. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It actually looks fake from the front. Look at the right side.
29. Jishnusur (Posts: 63; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
looks cool to me. Looks like the old nokia this one..
40. robcar (Posts: 69; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
More like a savage!
Love the contrast between the big black screen and the tight bezel.
58. Ashoaib (Posts: 1215; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Samsung designs ugly phones and lg has to follow samsung, so lg designed an ugly phone too
2. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I dont comment looks often or ever since everyone has their own taste, but I must say this looks much better than the bandaid that Samsung released. Hopefully they work the front of this, because it looks weird with just gold down below and nothing on the side or top.
12. latinlegend (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
actually if you look closely you can tell the earpiece is gold too.
15. latinlegend (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
aside from this color the phone looks good to me. I would rather have it in blue like the asai fl
50. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2043; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I hear this phone will be in the new James Bond movie...
4. NoFanboy (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
It's completely bezeless apart from the bottom?
13. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
5.5inch that's to big for others
5inch and 4.5inch is perfect
Ladies and young girls who like iPhones will never buy this big phone
22. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
dont worry my lady friends are using note3 , galaxy mega etc. so for the ladies its not problem. for those who likes iphone, they never change iphone for other phone whatever it offers... so your argument is invalid
33. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
These phones never attract young kids who prefer a decent size phone which has S2 screen size and fits in the pocket unlike these big phones is a no to them
34. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
but you said ladies. now you switch to young kids ok try again lol
43. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Also young kids and old age pensioners
59. Piotrek007 (Posts: 80; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
What are you talking about ??! I've never seen a man with those big 5.2inch+ phones, but ladies with bags are usually using Galaxy Mega or One Max. There is no problem for them to put it back into bag, while we have a problem where to put this thing...
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2261; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Horrible colour lol. Other ways, the design looks good though. Hope the UI will get better.
16. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Plastic gold is tacky and low class
If it's metal or aluminium stainless steel gold then it looks class
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3255; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
It will have better ui than Samsung. Looks good like HTC.
sites/androidcentral.com/files /styles/large/public/article_i mages/2014/04/lg-g3-android-ui.jpg?itok=QvqelPRq
51. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2043; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because an aqua version of TouchWiz is so much better than normal TouchWiz.
7. Anshulonweb (Posts: 279; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
black colour in this will look awesome..... gold doesn't look good....
11. R-vjn (Posts: 161; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Exactly, an all black front with tiny puny bezels..(and yeah, I'm completely okay with the LG Logo though I prefer a clean Nexus look)..
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6139; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Please no more GOLDEN PHONES just plain ugly and tacky. black is better looking keep it traditional or at least add a different color phone.
14. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Gold phone is on a different prestige league
47. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2043; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
They need to glue on some cheap rhinestones like Samsung does.
27. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Its an extra colour so why not? Its a very desirable colour in some asian and arabic countries. Tacky for you might be amazing for someone else.
49. Neo_Huang (Posts: 286; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Well, for me it depends what shade of "gold" and its luster and texture.
10. zachattack (Posts: 533; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
LG is retarded putting the speaker right where our hands go, good call...
17. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
If you are lefthanded then yes, if you are right handed I have no idea how you are holding your phone.
18. flipjzn (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I can imagine this is gonna look good in black. This gold one is meeehhh
19. npaladin2000 (Posts: 116; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I'll pay extra to NOT get the gold one!
And yeah, why couldn't they keep the speaker on the bottom? Frankly I'd take an increase in thickness if they could put the speakers behind the screen facing forward, like some TVs do these days. When I play games I like the sound pointing at ME, not the rest of the room.
28. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Plastic of course, LG CEO made a statement some time ago that they wont be making any metallic phones any time soon. They love using cheap looking plastic like Samsung does for some reason. My G2 when you would squeeze it little bit it would make horrible noises and looked plain cheap.
30. papss (unregistered)
My G2 did that too.. the only knock I had was build quality.
25. Mreveryphone (Posts: 22; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Phone looks great. All I want is the weather widget from the flex, that thing is a work of beauty.
37. Sauce (unregistered)
Isn't it great that when ever Apple does something, the rest of the industry follow?
When those old phones from early 2000s were gold, you didn't see everyone else releasing gold phones.
Once Apple released the Gold 5s, EVERYONE is doing it now. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
41. Sauce (unregistered)
Looks like you had nothing to say, but said something because I hurt your feelings…Sorry about that.
45. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple is 5 years behind Android
Ios Apple will have all the features that Android has in 5 years time
Look ios has drop down notification
What's next file manager next widgets
46. Sauce (unregistered)
Ive had all these things before any mainstream Android smartphone on my OG iPhone. Funny huh?
Whats next? You give me an excuse and say its because its jailbroken? LOLOLOL! Still an iPhone.
53. networkdood (Posts: 6250; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Iphone did not have a drop down notification bar or settings, 5 years ago....the first iPhone did not even have MMS or cut and paste options...
Nice try...attend those troll classes and pretend to be a developer and someday you will be a master troll....
60. Sauce (unregistered)
You sit are one uneducated person lmfao
44. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nokia had phones in gold before apple even Samsung with there GirgioArmani range
48. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2043; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And the giant Motorola phones of yesteryear were used to manage gold mines and coordinate the transport of gold long ago as well. You could find real gold dust on some of the used ones.
38. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Looks great but not enough to make me upgrade from my G2.....unless the battery life is significantly improved.
42. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I think they should have kept the 5.2-inches screen and reduced the bezels or added some stereo speakers!
54. networkdood (Posts: 6250; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Another ugly GOLD phone - yup, we could SURE use that....
56. fzacek (Posts: 1239; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This thing is horrendously ugly. Especially from the back...