Girl gets stuck in a storm drain trying to rescue fallen BlackBerry
Ella was walking down the street talking with a friend while handling her phone. When she tried to put her phone in her pocket. She missed her pocket, dropped her phone, and it skipped into the storm drain at the side of the road.
“I thought to myself, ‘I’m not leaving this,’” she told reporters. She then proceeded to climb down into the drain feet first in an effort to retrieve the phone with her feet. Her attempt to secure the BlackBerry failed, but then she had a new problem, she could not lift herself out of the drain.
Ella had a good sense of humor over the whole thing, “I wasn’t really even stuck, I just need somebody to help lift me out but my mum got all panicky.” Taxi operator, Joanne (we presume Ella’s mother), was initially really worried, “I was in a panic…I ran out of the house, turned the corner – but as soon as I saw her I burst out laughing.”
Kent Fire and Rescue were able to lift Ella safely out of the drain and she was not hurt in the ordeal, but sadly, her BlackBerry did not survive. It was recovered, broken. The good news is that the local morning TV program gave Ella a brand new replacement the next day, an iPhone. As for Ella herself, her mom summed it up nicely, “She is never going to live this down now. We will be bringing it out at her 18th birthday and her wedding.”
Stuck in a drain
sources: SWNS.com and @Kent_999s (Twitter and photo credits)
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Looks like a marketing trick to attract more attention! :D
5. stealthd (Posts: 932; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Besides the fact that's kind of insane, it's more likely the news agency made more than enough ad revenue to buy her a new phone.
62. darkkjedii (Posts: 10510; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
She needs to hit the gym, her guts too big. If she did dips on the regular, like the jedster, she coulda got out on her own. As long as she's ok though.
37. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I would say so too but they replaced the blackberry with an iPhone. I doubt Apple would be so nice. Just another slap in the face for blackberry by the people.
2. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I would swim the Atlantic Ocean for my iPhone.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 2594; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
In or across or?
In, is not much of a challenge.
Across would be but that only show the depths of disproportionate reasoning between capability an cost extremes derived from fad an stigma.
Oh wait, you swallowed..never mind.
23. AfterShock (Posts: 2594; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I must be buzzed/pickled.. Reading your post an trying not to laugh is impossible.
You got the hateraid growlies brother.
44. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
hope he drowns,,,,
I don't see a big thing and why it's so great and what is it that people like there iPhones so much,,,,?
Just an app launcher phone.
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What for? It'd be already dead anyway.
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 10510; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
There's so many apps in the App Store, there's bound to be one to help you.
3. hurrycanger (Posts: 980; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
She gave them a show. They give her a phone. Deal.
4. stealthd (Posts: 932; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The original article says "phone" in the title and "Blackberry" in the article, where did PA get the idea she had an iPhone?
22. Maxwell.R (Posts: 166; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Yeah, both sources we cited shared conflicting information. We looked at a few more sites and found the same conflicts. Switched it to BlackBerry.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So you saw conflicting information but you still decided to use iPhone version? Does I correct understood you? Do you care about news quality on PhoneArena.com or it doesn't matter what PhoneArena readers read because the main point is just to reach daily rate no matter what to write? :D For me it looks like disrespect for PhoneArena readers! :(((
Bad Maxwell, bad! Fu fu fu! :D
6. nightfury (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
dude her b**bs got her stuck down there..36DDDD :)
27. jeeta444 (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
and she is 16 year only...! God Gifted !!!!
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For me she looks like 36 not 16 :D
40. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I would have broken out the water hose for a wet tee shirt contest. Would have won "hands down".
52. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6233; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Guess the press don't realize HER BIG boobs r blocking her way to get her phone B-) British women have nice big boobs afterglow
9. apple4never (Posts: 932; Member since: 08 May 2013)
so essentially, if i drop my Z1 down the drain and get stuck trying to get it, someones gonna buy me a Z2 when it comes out?
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Nah only if you were a girl and your phone wasnt a waterproof one. Btw what happened to your a4e.
14. apple4never (Posts: 932; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i got banned after like 20 mins somehow, didnt even get an email as to why
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I think that multiple accounts of one person is not allowed. I read it somewhere in posting rules probably. Are you giving up android for iphone
51. apple4never (Posts: 932; Member since: 08 May 2013)
not really i have a iphone 5 and will be getting a windows phone once again when 8.1 comes out
39. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No, you will get a iPhone or Android device. I call that an upgrade.
13. gigaraga (Posts: 689; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Where in the actual article does it say 'iPhone'? It's more like a BlackBerry. Did you guys change the title so it sounds more interesting? Cause BlackBerrys are meh
18. Killua (Posts: 261; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Yeah. It's kinda embarassing PA. They're both fruits but you should be able to know the difference if you read the article cafefully.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So which source to beleve SWNS.com that it was BlackBerry or @Kent_999s Twitter that it was iPhone (Photos with titles)??? Also would be interesting to hear why Maxwell R. chosed iPhone version not BlackBerry??? :D
42. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
You should remove these comments sections, it's not like anybody's opinion matters to anyone anyway. I for one wouldn't miss them
58. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
These comments are what helps to finance the website to produce articles in the first place. Hitting the thumbs up, posting a comment, opening an article, etc... It all leaves impressions in the generation of web traffic which in turn generates payments made by the sites advertisers.
It is a FREE site afterall. The only other option would be to pay through subscription.
59. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, it is PhoneArena... Not PhoneExchange-of-Pleasantries.
21. ajac09 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
More proof of the intelligent level of iUsers.
32. eggimage (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
it's a blackberry. Clearly your intelligence level isn't as high as you hoped.
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man dont tell me she isnt even 18. She looks 30+.
45. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Girls are all like that, they look old but there young.
No wonder women hate and kick off whenever you ask them how old they are.
True she looks 25+
69. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Unfortunately carrying that much extra weight can age someone. When I was in grade school we had a girl that looked almost twice her age because of her unfortunate obesity. Thankfully she was able to overcome it and looks fine now.
30. Totse2k15 (Posts: 236; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
BlackBerry? Not worth it. She got a new iPhone as a replaced (on the photo).
Yes, she don't look 16.
41. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Don't hate. I like them thick. If she was 21 she can get stuck in my man hole cover any day.
35. CellieCell (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
I'm sorry but she really does not look 16....
38. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 692; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Problems with big you-know-what.
I bet she'll do it more often with the iPhone since it's thinner
46. DillWeed (Posts: 54; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Wait, you wouldn't try to save your phone? Would you have simply walked away? I sure as hell wouldn't leave my note 3, even if it was in a lion den.
48. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2495; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I would never put myself into an embarrassing situation like that just to know that I'm not able to reach my phone...
50. utg001 (Posts: 31; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I think it was not one of the best solution she chose, she could barely even fit in there.
Another reason to hate gravity :p
47. marlboro (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
no Ella Birchenough on FB, busted! scripted I should say though! HAHA