Galaxy S7 edge gets dunked in a pool, records a video to tell about it
1. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
If it wasn't for the water resistance + bigger battery i probably would have gone with the G5, but I guess its the S7 Edge for me.
4. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2467; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Time will tell rather or not you made the best decision.
22. sharks (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Armpit hair in pool. It's alive! alive! Nice resolution, kid. *barfs*
26. joevsyou (Posts: 805; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
HAHA i was thinking the boy need to take his clippers and trim it up lol.
2. xondk (Posts: 1388; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Well IP68 is supposed to be able to handle this, but always good to know, I'm surprised that the audio quality while under water was actually quite good for under water sounds, microphone change has clearly done a lot, hopefully these kinds will become standard in everything, not so much for water resistance but microphones on phones have been rather stagnant mostly I guess because we don't expect the built in phone to have good audio quality other then for making good calls?
5. Tarox (Posts: 104; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
definitely a cool thing!
How is Samsung behaving if you go swimming and do such videos -> use it as a underwatercammera in your pool, but water comes in???
6. xondk (Posts: 1388; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Well they aren't "recommending" it but I don't think anyone ever recommends electronics under water, but with the IP68 rating it really shouldn't be an issue, as long as you don't go too deep and treat it carefully. Still though I would recommend getting an underwater full case for it, if nothing else then because there are those that will allow you to use the touch screen under water with no issues, where wet screen + finger makes for weird inputs, which is also why it suddenly changed in the bowl it thought it sensed an input and acted accordingly.
9. kent-gaga (Posts: 501; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
because there're still possibilties that some ports on the phone, like the sim card slot, can be accidentally opened (which also mean it's somehow the user's fault, not samsung's), i dont think they would be doing anything about it
10. Genza (Posts: 539; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
My advice if you are not in an emergency situation never using your phone to take photos or videos underwater.
Just get affordable action cam like GoPro Hero 4 Session or Sony HDR-AS50R.
27. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
No warranty coverage for water damage on Samsung waterproof device.
Had lots of S5 , S5 active with water damages because of waterproof faillure never samsung agreed to repair or exchange.
Sony do cover under warranty if there is no chemical corosion of the waterproofing and they plug it in a special machine thats test the lil flap waterproof if they fail they will repair or exchange.
Sonim Tech is the best of the bunch no matter what happen to your phone ( beside loosing it lol ) they will replace it.. i had a client thats literally runned over if phone with a bulldozer the phone was in pieces *well half of the phone* client returned it in a ziplock bag lol they exchanged it! )
11. Zack_2014 (Posts: 378; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If your not a girl then I can all you a gay
8. Genza (Posts: 539; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I just read gsmarena hands-on and i realized one thing unlike Xperia the Galaxy S7 screen does not work when wet.
I guess it could be an annoying problem for people who often do the activities that make their hands wet.
12. Zack_2014 (Posts: 378; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The S7 screen does work underwater. Check out EverythingApplePro's Channel
17. Genza (Posts: 539; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
Thanks for the info now I know that the S7 series will not have problems when the screen is wet.
For anyone who is looking for the same information let me make it easier for you.
14. sergiobr (Posts: 707; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Why he didn't jump with his apple watch in the pool ? LOL
32. nenadmitrovic (Posts: 58; Member since: 01 Aug 2014)
Real question is why he or anyone else have apple watch
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 21201; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsung brought the noise with the S7, now on to the true Beast of the East.
16. SayMobile (Posts: 103; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
woah! its so cool when probably the best smartphone in the world does that. Awesooome !
19. IAMBLCKJ3ZUS (Posts: 290; Member since: 29 Sep 2015)
Samsung really takes from Sony and no one has anything to say wow.
33. romeo1 (Posts: 718; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
And sony didn't? Since z3+ they only hava a flap for sim and sd
21. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 544; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
Yeah, Sony did it better and did it better
23. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yes, lets take a phone we already know is IP certified for protection from dust and water and just drop it in the pool to make another dumb video for free clicks.
I have lost all hope in humanity when such dumb videos are now considered entertaining.
24. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Watch Samsung Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 6S Water Test! Actually Waterproof ?
31. Chuck007 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
EverythingApplePro... dude lost all his credibility right there.