Galaxy S5: review of design concepts
But as we said in the beginning, there are many people out there who're dying to lay their eyes on the Galaxy S5, and that means there's a big opportunity for visual artists to have their names seen by a wide audience. The only thing they need to do is to produce a fancy, futuristic Galaxy S5 concept render and submit it to a number of mobile tech sites. From then on, chances are that their work will be seen by thousands, if not millions of people.
As you might have guessed by now, the subject of this post are going to be the beautiful, weird, crazy, fancy and, more often than not, unbelievable Galaxy S5 design concepts that have already started to flood the internet - months before the expected unveiling of Samsung's next-gen smartphone. Needless to say none of what you're going to see in the gallery below has anything to do with the real deal, but we're going to examine these fan-made concepts just for the fun of it.
Galaxy S5: review of design concepts
1. Official patent sketches by Samsung
Artist: Raphael Warner
Artist: Jermaine S
Artist: Phoenix Pham
Artist: Ivo Maric
8. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
4 and 5 have looks to die for. Pure bezeless and sharp corners.
Concept, the rest are ugly looking with hideous curves.
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
True this two design can makes you die. Pure bezel less for easily crack screen and sharp corners for cut your fingers. lol
11. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Who cares, as long as it looks and turns head!
Don't be silly. Start to using better glasses. And CarbonFiber or Titanium sides to prevent not to break.
26. Jermainesmit (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Well i was trying to go for that when i was making them hahahaha. It is always so safe... xD
20. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
bcuz it is based on patent drawings ??
25. Jermainesmit (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Thank you^^ Worked hard on does concepts :P
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
There all pretty cool to be honest, looking forward to it sammy!
4. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
like the artical said 4 and 8 look like the s2 and personly i like the s2 better then the design of the s3 or s4. its alot more sleek and modern. but thats my personal opinion
22. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 659; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Agree... Samsung has realised the same and is starting to adopt SGS2 design in Note3.. Hope they design others also like SGS2..
5. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
if one were to look at these from an engineer's point of view, they all suck :P
13. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
well i dont have a problem with the 1st and the 3rd pictures because one is a drawing and the other looks simple enuough but the rest are very unrealistic. look how thin they are. 4mm? maybe less? do you know how hard it is to not have then snap, at that thickness, once you put them in your pocket and they flex a little? it is possible to design such a phone though but it would cost so much that maybe a fraction of them would actually sell. and also the ones with no bezel are just stupid. are you going to telekinetically hover your phone in the air so that you dont actually press something accidentally with your palm?
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Bezleless screens are capable both samsung , Nokia and LG have all demonstrated them....!
17. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
yeah right. i meant for actual use not a concept model. concepts by themselves are not meant to be for practical use, they're usually made to show off how far a company can go with a technology.
7. npaladin2000 (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Speak for yourselves, I'm waiting for the LG G2 Pro and LG G3. But I must admit to a little curiosity about the Galaxy S5. :)
12. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Eww number 6 looks like the HTC ONE VX. 8 looks similar to Lumia. I'll take #5, personally it resembles my Note 3 but a little thinner.
14. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
After all these, how about another same looking 5.2 inch gs4 ? But done a good job with note 3...
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
These aren't designs that would appeal to a mass audience. The concept artists always draft up designs that are usually always vastly different from what we get in reality.
These artists also don't need to worry about going through design patent reviews with lawyers prior to getting the green light as to whether or not they're safe for a company to use; since their designs aren't anything realistic and won't be seen on a phone, they can make it how they want.
But the basis of these concept designs are vapid. I don't know why they get news articles or people's attentions when they'll never exist for obvious reasons. Many of them are impossible to engineer either.
21. davenycept (Posts: 175; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I actually think 3,5, or 7 will be used...I'm just glad they are finally going to match the externals with internals I'm ready..I'm fine with #7
23. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
what is up with the fascination of curved screens?
it would make watching videos especially awkward
24. clarkjeferson (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
I detest samsung and the touchwiz, but if the S5 uses Design 8, I'd buy it.